Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-05-2010, 9:37 AM Reply   
Your predictions till they start lighting stuff on fire and breaking windows in Oakland.
Bart Cop Shooting Trial verdict to be read soon
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       11-05-2010, 10:19 AM Reply   
LOL.... I should have bought stock in those rock salt filled shotgun shells.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-05-2010, 10:55 AM Reply   
They need to quit using rubber bullets.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-05-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
Not using rubber bullets is what got us in this mess in the first place. It is unfortunate that the only response these people have is to wreck their town, seems a bit counter productive...

This situation is messed up. How do you not hold a PO responsible for shooting a handcuffed man in the back? I understand the victim was in the wrong being involved in an altercation, but I don't think he deserved to get executed after being brought under control. I can see how the officer avoided the murder charge, but is he totally innocent? IMO, he should be held accountable
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-05-2010, 5:31 PM Reply   
He was held accountable two years for invoulantary manslaughter if I recall from listening to the radio earlier.

As for Grants original 5.4.3.2...... I say it starts as soon as the son goes down. No matter if he was sentenced to time served or given the death penalty some idiots will find a need to destroy there stuff along with there neighbors tonight! Good luck Oakland have fun tonight I'm glad I'm not there!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-05-2010, 5:39 PM Reply   
Yea good prediction on the night time.The Freek's come out at Night or in Oaklands case the ROACHE's come out at night
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-05-2010, 6:46 PM Reply   
Looks like things are getting ramped up RIGHT NOW.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-05-2010, 6:57 PM Reply   
"6:50 p.m.: Crowd turns unruly near Laney College

The crowd, about a block long, is moving east on 10th Street and could be headed to the Fruitvale BART station.

There are people in the crowd fist-fighting one another. The unruly crowd has reached Laney College, and there is no order to the group.

Police have Fallon Street blocked off. Protesters have stomped a car at 10th and Oak streets. Some protesters have T-shirts covering their faces."

This is from a live blog on the papers site looks like its starting right now just as you predicted! lol Anybody get a chance to see if Grants leading this thing? I'm just saying, cuz the paper wrote it esculated to riot status around 6:50 and Grant posted predicting it at 6:46! lol
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-05-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
Now there busting windows out of a bus! lol These people are idiots. Can't we let Mehserle out of jail so he can shoot these idiots too!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-05-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
commenting upon such things is difficult to accomplish without sounding the bigot. However if it walks like a duck>>>>>>>
Old    deltahoosier            11-06-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
Why do people insist on saying this thug was handcuffed? He was not handcuffed. He was trying to keep from being cuffed. He was a known gangbanger who already did time for a gun crime and if I heard correctly assaulting a police officer. He was also on the platform with other gang bangers. These are not the want to be gang bangers, these are the organized crime gang bangers. Grant knew he was most likely heading back to prison for hanging with these guys at the very least. So a guy is out ofter midnight, hanging with gang bangers on a train full of drunk young people and people want to fry the cop? Get real. This guy forced the cops into action by doing everything he was not supposed to be doing. I would go as far as saying this guy was doing everything AGAINST the law that he was not supposed to be doing and it ended up in a mistake. Pure and simple. Cops are human too. You force action by someone with a gun and you are only a few onces of trigger pull away from a box.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-06-2010, 9:52 AM Reply   
Anyone imagine Sublime playing in the background.

Never will understand how a segment of society thinks they will achieve equality and respect when their responce to adversity is tearing the **** out of their own domain???
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-06-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
"So a guy is out ofter midnight"

Last time I checked, this was 100% legal.

"hanging with gang bangers on a train"

Were the gang bangers arrested?

If you or I committed this same act (shooting a person in a similar manner), we wouldn't be given a two-year sentence for involuntary.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       11-06-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
I feel bad for the BART cop,nobody in their right mind is gonna shot someone on purpose in front of a crowd,it was an accident.Now he will do some time for it.
Check OG's rap sheet,He did society a favor.
Old    deltahoosier            11-06-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
Jeremy, it actually can be very illegal if you are a minor for one (which he wasn't but it can be illegal). It can also be illegal for a convicted felon if that is part of his parole.

Were the gang bangers arrested? Why yes. Grant was being arrested. His buddies were being detained but being cool. You really don't live in the real world do you? You ever seen how vicious these gangs are in California. Do you support these people or something? Do you realize the area he is from has over 100 murders in the town alone and it is attached to another town that averages over a 100 murders a year and has a few cops killed a year? Most of these murders are from gang activity. It is hard to get convictions on gang activity because in our justice system you have to prove with out a doubt that an individual did something or you may be able to get them on RICO which can be hard to get as well.

Actually, if you and I did this same thing, we most likely would not have done any time. We would have been doing our job. matter of fact many cops in this country don't get convicted because of the nature of the job. You may argue that we are not cops and that is fine. Then ask our good friends who's mom and boyfriend were killed by a guy who passed on a double yellow line on a hill and hit them head on. The guy even admitted it in court that he did it and he got no jail time. Accidents do happen never mind a thug forcing someone into it.

I find it funny that people who defend this guy and say the cop was so out of line don't seem to mind the people rioting. Yet these are the same people that could have been on the platform that night waiting for a excuse. The rioters and people of that ilk are the people the cops have to concern themselves with at every stop but people don't seem to understand that.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-06-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
bottom line is, if this were a black cop shooting grant, it would have been considered an accident. this DA nearly jizzed in his $5k suit when he saw the video. this was a perfect accident that was spun into a crime by a DA looking to make a name for themselves. can you even imagine the ramifications if the gun enhancement charge actually flew? my goodness. all our cops would be armed with a flashlight and a walking stick.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-07-2010, 5:09 AM Reply   
Sad but just another case of the public saying it's okay to resist arrest, loot innocent store owners' businesses, support chaos, and disrespect the police. To me, the police and he public should have a right to defend themselves and their property. I'm glad I don't own a business there The protest organizers should be held responsible for the damages, but the insurance companies will have to absorb the cost. Ridiculous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnr9MhjvRoY&feature=fvst
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-07-2010, 5:18 AM Reply   
I think it is an enormous stretch to compare "crossing the double yellow line" and shooting someone in the back.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-07-2010, 8:06 AM Reply   
I could see where stealing some Nikes or liquor would make someone feel better about what happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vMFdSTG26s&NR=1
Old    deltahoosier            11-07-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
It is not a stretch at all. In one case a person made a choice to cross a double yellow line on a hill because they were in a hurry and the other was forced to deal with a gang banger on a platform after midnight while a bunch of drunk people hassled them. Everyone who has ever driven a car knows what will happen if you hit a car head on. Lucky for the guy who made that choice it was a motorcycle. Not lucky for our friends mom and boyfriend. The guy made a choice that he knew would kill someone if they were just over the hill. The other tried to grab what was a new tool to use for the first time in a very stressful situation. One got jail time and lost his career that also include 4 years in college and the other lost nothing.