Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-26-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
Anybody got tips on toeside? my form is good I land 3/4ths of the way across, do I need more speed, or more carve?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-27-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
Think about keeping the handle tight to your body kinda pulling it to your butt. Also (this is going to sound really weird, but I swear it works!) when you're setting for the edge in, do not face your upper body to the wake, face it towards the boat. Put some board angle so you start going in the right direction. Dont forget to keep the handle in and to not bend at the waist. Youre going to be really twisted, but it is easier to keep the handle in that way and you will jump more upright.

ITs not easy to do this, well its not hard, but it requires getting used to cause it feels so weird at the start. Try edging out this way, you're going to need that board angle to edge out with your upper body facing the boat. ITs a good exercise to build some muscle memory.

It is not bad to shorten the rope until you get really comfortable landing on the "other side", also cause you need less effort to get there, so you can really concentrate on your form. Then gradually go out to where you were before!

I got this tip from Dean Lavelle when I went to his school www.wakeboard-school.com and I swear I now love to do ts jumps, and theyre even better than my hs ones some times.

(Message edited by criswb on May 27, 2007)
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-31-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
thanks Cris! I will try that. so I just message you about my stupid 180's. and my LF team. So much to think about ya know.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-02-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
I always think about locking my back elbow and forearm against my waist. Focus on looking at the other shore which really helps keep your waist straight and your shoulders right. Some people think it helps to cut out a few times on your toeside edge (as if setting up for a heelside W2W) just to feel the edge and lean that you want to have when you land. Good luck - keep us posted!