Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-28-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
That whole side of the boat looks really stupid, just my opinion. Bow looks pretty small too.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-28-2014, 10:48 AM Reply   
Link won't work for me...
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-28-2014, 10:50 AM Reply   
http://mastercraft.yourbrandlive.com...tintroduction/

Tom its the pepto throwing you off man. The tower blows chunks also. It actually looks fairly large inside though
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-28-2014, 11:03 AM Reply   
Also, why did he say nobody is else is doing the 320hp 5.7L? Because they're the only ones running the Ilmor? Not sure what Tige is doing, but the axis is a 330hp 5.7L with larger options.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-28-2014, 11:05 AM Reply   
well then what he said is true. Axis is 330 haha. Not a super intro imho. Boat in pink? Some info out of it though..........

no tower options
no engine options
trailer not included in price
no tower speakers in base
regular vinyl is standard which is a plus . The new stuff is great!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-28-2014, 11:11 AM Reply   
They're pretty much in line with the rest of the industry on price-point boats. I don't like the gunwale walls at all without the deep pockets where cup holders usually go. I don't like the floor cup holders. The last thing I want to do is have someone's dirty towel thrown on my drink, have it near people's feet, etc... It also just looks plain odd without that look. I also tend to put my sunglasses, shirts and hats in that spot.

Surf wake looked lackluster, but probably not a deal breaker. Wakeboard wake doesn't look huge but it's probably not sacked out either. We'll have to wait for enthusiasts to load these things up before we can see what the wakes are really like.

I don't mind the tower, doesn't look that bad to me.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-28-2014, 11:17 AM Reply   
I think the tower kills it for me but I don't hate it as much as I did in the first pictures. Looks super easy to put up and down which is a plus for hyco. I'm not huge on the gunwales either. Plus that is going to be paper thin getting in and out on the dock. I like that it still seems to have decent room inside though. I'm sure that was stock on the ballast too but agree it wasn't blowing me away. He did say it was very similar to the x1 in wake regards which is what I think people were expecting in that size.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-28-2014, 11:37 AM Reply   
I like the deck line and the interior space they got out of a boat with it's measurements. Not a fan of much else. I can't be the only one that thinks the reverse arch tower looks weird on a boat with a windshield that doesn't swoop way back. With the sans side window style windshield it just looks odd to me. It is the same way with the Sanger V215 with the reverse arch tower(Sanger needs to put the V237 windshield on the V215). I am not a fan of the lack of cutouts in the side of the combing pads. The dash is a little odd looking to me as well.

Overall it has some nice features and styling que's that the normal Mastercrafts have but I would rather have an Axis A20, Moomba Mondo, MB 21' tomcat/TWB, etc... for a similar if not lesser price. That is just my opinion though.

A lot could come down to handling and wake performance though.
Old    rullery            04-28-2014, 11:54 AM Reply   
Cool, looks like another standard issue price point 20 footer. A great option, though. At this point it all comes down to your preferences, priorities, and dealer network if you are in the market for one of these. I also love this as it can increase competition between manufacturers in this arena. the 5 year warranty is nice. Weird that tracking fins are an option.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-28-2014, 12:05 PM Reply   
Is it just me or did the bow rise seem a little crazy? I assume it's mostly due to not having enough weight in the bow and 4 guys in the main cabin.

Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-28-2014, 12:08 PM Reply   
Would be my assumption. Zane even went out of his way to say the bow rise wasn't bad. Needs a fatty bag up front imho
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-28-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
I saw that as well but weren't they going over some waves at that point? Maybe that isn't an excuse though because if it porpoises like that, that is no bueno. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on that at this point though. I am a little more perplexed why they would shoot a promo video in choppy water on a cloudy day. Where is the budha and chicks in bikinis?
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-28-2014, 12:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
I saw that as well but weren't they going over some waves at that point? Maybe that isn't an excuse though because if it porpoises like that, that is no bueno. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on that at this point though. I am a little more perplexed why they would shoot a promo video in choppy water on a cloudy day. Where is the budha and chicks in bikinis?
Yeah, I watched it again and it looks like they were hitting a double up so maybe that's to be expected. It was way up out of the water though I didn't see the tracking fins. Maybe that boat didn't have them.
Old    rullery            04-28-2014, 12:15 PM Reply   
^^ aren't Xstars ridden somewhat like this to get the max potential from the wake?
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-28-2014, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
am a little more perplexed why they would shoot a promo video in choppy water on a cloudy day. Where is the budha and chicks in bikinis?
I don't wanna see any girls from vonore in a bikini
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-28-2014, 12:29 PM Reply   
Tracking fins are an option which seems insane to me
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-28-2014, 12:40 PM Reply   
Noticed that as well, probably a result of the double up but still seems extreme.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-28-2014, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
I don't wanna see any girls from vonore in a bikini
hahahaha
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-28-2014, 1:50 PM Reply   
to me there are so many better options around the 50K price than the NXT.

Tracking fins as an option...lol

Go Home Mastercraft You're Drunk
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-28-2014, 2:38 PM Reply   
But but but but it's a Mastercraft....Lol. That thing could roll over in the video and people would still want to buy it. Boggles my mind sometimes
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-28-2014, 6:37 PM Reply   
Yes, lots of serious slalom guys that are going to be looking at this boat, and be pissed that they need to add the tracking fin option. Not to mention that they will have to reshape the bottom of the hull, so that it would actually benefit from them.

So much deadrise in these newer wake hulls, tracking fins don't make any difference.... Malibu is about the only one left that has a hull that benefits from having tracking fins.
Old     (Tims)      Join Date: Feb 2014       04-28-2014, 7:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
Yes, lots of serious slalom guys that are going to be looking at this boat, and be pissed that they need to add the tracking fin option. Not to mention that they will have to reshape the bottom of the hull, so that it would actually benefit from them.

So much deadrise in these newer wake hulls, tracking fins don't make any difference.... Malibu is about the only one left that has a hull that benefits from having tracking fins.
SA/SC Supras make great use of their tracking fins
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-28-2014, 7:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims View Post
SA/SC Supras make great use of their tracking fins
Have you driven an SA/SC without them? Not that I don't believe they help on some hulls, I just know I have driven several wakeboats that didn't have them, and couldn't tell much difference on the same model with them. Most of them are rooted so deep, the hull does a nice job tracking on its own.......
Old     (Tims)      Join Date: Feb 2014       04-28-2014, 7:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
Have you driven an SA/SC without them? Not that I don't believe they help on some hulls, I just know I have driven several wakeboats that didn't have them, and couldn't tell much difference on the same model with them. Most of them are rooted so deep, the hull does a nice job tracking on its own.......
Just got a SC450 coming from a 2012 Malibu VLX. The SC handles and tracks better than the VLX. Can't think of a good reason why Supra would waste money on brass if they did nothing.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-28-2014, 9:18 PM Reply   
I agree with Tim, I have driven both the SC and SA's and they each had 2 huge tracking fins, they turn incredible. I haven't driven them without fins but I highly doubt they would perform as well without them. My Axis only has 1 fin, with a second fin as an option. I have been TOLD from multiple people that the 2nd fin makes a huge difference… my boat already turns like a malibu, amazing for a 22 footer, can't imagine needing anything more… but yes, brass is expensive and if it wasn't necessary or advantageous to the performance of the boat, then I highly doubt they would be throwing 2 of them on all their boats.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       04-29-2014, 6:33 AM Reply   
MC has hit a new low with this 50k bare bone boat . There is no doubt this boat will cost a lot more by the time you opt it out to make it useable? Zane couldn't even keep a straight face showing this stinky pinky. 4100 lb boat on a single axle trailer ? Thats more like 5500 fully loaded is that even leagal? What competitor uses a standard engine with less than 320 HP? 4100 lb ski boat ? I think Chatt might be right with the 80k MSRP. So many better options in the new and used market even if you gotta have a Mastercraft this one will always be a cheap knock off imitation of the brand.
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-29-2014, 6:57 AM Reply   
Froggy you should get your facts straight before talking you sound dumb. I just ordered NXT with all the options minus the stereo upgrade because I'm going to do my own thing with the radio and the boat was $63,000 which is right on pair with Moomba and Axis and I know that because I was looking at those companies before I bought the NXT and the Mastercraft is built better. Also the inside of the boat isn't small has the exact same amount as an x2.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-29-2014, 6:59 AM Reply   
$63k without a big stereo is A22 territory. You would be in the low 50s on an A20 with those options.
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-29-2014, 7:01 AM Reply   
Tom it has a Radio I Just didn't get the upgraded radio package
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-29-2014, 7:01 AM Reply   
that's what I meant, sorry. I would compare that to sound pack 1 on Axis.
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-29-2014, 7:06 AM Reply   
yes true but I did have them add the sub as well but that's it on the radio and I have the surf package with all the extra weight and tabs with the convenience package
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-29-2014, 7:16 AM Reply   
Can't wait to see real world pics and reviews of these. Not a bad looking boat to me. Tower is weird looking but if its that easy to lower...hey good deal. The lack of side space and cupholders isnt a deal breaker i wouldnt think. Over all i think its a decent boat but like all boats thats subject to perspective and opinion. Was the AXIS line universally approved before release?
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       04-29-2014, 7:20 AM Reply   
What happened to 50k all day??
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       04-29-2014, 7:23 AM Reply   
What was all the options wake2snow?
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-29-2014, 7:24 AM Reply   
its all going to be buyer opinion. Right now no one here has ridden in the boat to my knowledge. Thing could have a mackin wake and everyone will be busting to get one. That said at 65 I'd rather be in an A22 that is proven at this point. I was contemplating this route if it really was a 50k boat with some basics but meh. With that said I feel the value of x1's and x2's just dropped to the floor and will make those boats more accessible pricewise.
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-29-2014, 7:48 AM Reply   
Bryce if you want the base boat you can get it for 50k just like any car company they advertise a base car but whole really orders a base car and if you read my above post it says what options I'm getting
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-29-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake2snow View Post
Froggy you should get your facts straight before talking you sound dumb. I just ordered NXT with all the options minus the stereo upgrade because I'm going to do my own thing with the radio and the boat was $63,000 which is right on pair with Moomba and Axis and I know that because I was looking at those companies before I bought the NXT and the Mastercraft is built better. Also the inside of the boat isn't small has the exact same amount as an x2.
I see that you took the "Mastercrafts are built better" bate that your dealer fed you
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-29-2014, 7:54 AM Reply   
Do you mind posting the price sheet so that we can see the real cost of the options?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-29-2014, 8:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
I see that you took the "Mastercrafts are built better" bate that your dealer fed you
Historically, Mastercrafts and Nautiques have been built better. Whether that is applicable to the NXT remains to be seen. Unless of course you have an inside track to the engineering that went into the NXT, and have seen the build process of it. I am going to guess you haven't though...

For what started out as such a relaxed and fun sport, wakeboarding sure seems to have become quite the uppity crowd. I applaud ANY manufacturer trying to get back to basics in a world of towboats that 100k msrps are now the norm. And if Nautique ever decides to bring back the original 210 as a low cost option, I will be first in line with money in hand. (They have the molds, my plant tour verified that...)
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-29-2014, 8:20 AM Reply   
"I just ordered NXT with all the options minus the stereo upgrade"....so you got every option available and that was only 13K over the MSRP price including probably a 5K trailer. They must only offer a few options on the boat. Because with most companies gel options are 2500+, trailer 5000+, surf system 3000+, Cover 1K. So thats almost 13K right there and thats just things I know they offer from the article. There must be way more options than that. How much are the tracking fins?

Also what is you basis that its better built? If I recall correctly this is a chopper gun boat and not hand laid like the rest of the Mastercraft line. What makes it better built. Not being a smart a$$ just curious. I know Axis, Moomba, and Tige don't change their build process for their cheaper 20 footers so why does Mastercraft? Plus their 20 footer can all be had sub 50K with a few options and a trailer.
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-29-2014, 8:23 AM Reply   
Ttime my MasterCraft dealer did not feed me that I have been in moomba's and axis's and they are built cheap especially when it comes to interior and fiberglass work.. Tom sorry I won't post my price sheet on a public form. It has personal information that I'm not going to put out there sorry.. Matt and yes I have seen and been in the boat. And no I don't have pictures they wouldn't let me take any.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       04-29-2014, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Did you get a pink one?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-29-2014, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ttime my MasterCraft dealer did not feed me that I have been in moomba's and axis's and they are built cheap especially when it comes to interior and fiberglass work.. Tom sorry I won't post my price sheet on a public form. It has personal information that I'm not going to put out there sorry.. Matt and yes I have seen and been in the boat. And no I don't have pictures they wouldn't let me take any.
I am not doubting you, just the comments from others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Also what is you basis that its better built? If I recall correctly this is a chopper gun boat and not hand laid like the rest of the Mastercraft line. What makes it better built. Not being a smart a$$ just curious. I know Axis, Moomba, and Tige don't change their build process for their cheaper 20 footers so why does Mastercraft? Plus their 20 footer can all be had sub 50K with a few options and a trailer.
Chopper gun was neither confirmed nor denied. So Tige doesn't forgo the vinyl barrier coat on the R20 anymore? Seriously, you are just as bad as a dealer coming on here raising hell. Oh wait, that's right, you help sell Tiges....

And once again, "can be had" and msrp are two incredibly different things. Why the pissing match? We get you think Tige is a better option. What an educated decision given you affiliation with another brand, and the fact you have spent zero time in the NXT. Do me a favor, go visit Nautique and MC, and then go down to Texas and compare. Keep an open mind, and report back your findings. Hopefully then it will shift from bias to informed statements...

Last edited by MattieK27; 04-29-2014 at 8:36 AM.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-29-2014, 8:34 AM Reply   
Cut your name off the top if your worried about personal info. Thats a pretty lame excuse. If your 63K is a bro deal and you don't want to get your dealer in trouble thats cool, but you might want to say that. In that case the 63K isn't a real world number.

How about this..we know the base is 50K so post the options you got with their cost.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2014, 8:34 AM Reply   
This is JUST like the price point X1 in 04ish range. MC come on you could have done better than this. 50K allll day long without a trailer come on. What a disappointment!!! I think we all saw this coming. Yes I own an MC.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-29-2014, 8:39 AM Reply   
@Matt..oh I see because I don't bleed Mastercraft and kneel before them like yourself I am bad. Sorry I will go stand in the corner. Yes I think I remember reading somewhere they don't include the vinylester layer. But its still hand layup. Not that I am sure it matters either way. Both are proven ways of strong fiberglass construction. Chopper gun is just a cheaper method and it was somewhere in all this that this would be a chopper gun boat. I didn't pull that from this air.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-29-2014, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Cut your name off the top if your worried about personal info. Thats a pretty lame excuse. If your 63K is a bro deal and you don't want to get your dealer in trouble thats cool, but you might want to say that. In that case the 63K isn't a real world number.

How about this..we know the base is 50K so post the options you got with their cost.
Yes, by all means, do what he says. And please explain every detail of your deal. Boardman is waiting....

Quote:
@Matt..oh I see because I don't bleed Mastercraft and kneel before them like yourself I am bad. Sorry I will go stand in the corner. Yes I think I remember reading somewhere they don't include the vinylester layer. But its still hand layup. Not that I am sure it matters either way. Both are proven ways of strong fiberglass construction. Chopper gun is just a cheaper method and it was somewhere in all this that this would be a chopper gun boat. I didn't pull that from this air.
Oh so there is a difference, but your not sure it matters? You think you remember? Come on, don't be the typical sales guy. You're better than that, right?

No official word on the chopper gun,I haven't seen anything from MC. Kneel before Mastercraft? No, I actually prefer Nautique; I just got a great deal on my boat. And I have visited the factories, talked to engineers, etc. My comments are based on facts, not bias...

Last edited by MattieK27; 04-29-2014 at 8:46 AM.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-29-2014, 8:42 AM Reply   
Before the NXT, everyone on WW wanted a stripped down, bare bones Wakeboard and surf boat for $50kish and they wanted it to be from one of the big 3 or a reputable brand. All everyone complains about is the rising costs of boats. Many people talked about how they wanted the Gen1 star or older 210's bought back because the hulls we so great. MC does almost exactly that and now people complain that they don't have enough options, bling, features, etc... It's almost comical.

If you have the means to buy a G or a star, you will NOT be looking at this boat. If you are looking at the cheapest inboards on the market (20' Tige, Axis, Moomba), than this boat will appeal to you. Some people would prefer to have a top of the line fully loaded Kia, and for the same price some people like a stripped down, basic Acura or Lexus (or whatever high end brand). MC has just given everyone another choice in the entry level boat market, I really don't see a reason to hate on that concept.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-29-2014, 8:45 AM Reply   
This isn't about me..Its about a boat. Why are you making it about me instead of credably defending your chossen brands position.

Your man crush is starting to make me a little nervous......
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-29-2014, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
This isn't about me..Its about a boat. Why are you making it about me instead of credably defending your chossen brands position.

Your man crush is starting to make me a little nervous......
I get it, someone challenges your bias based on your comments and now you want to play the "its not about you game?" When you bring the Tige ra-ra crap into a thread about a competing manufacturer, it is about you. If the NXT is so bad, you should be excited. More boat sales for you, right?

By the way, your credibility was shot the moment you said Tige doesnt use different construction for their entry level boat, and you question whether a vinyl barrier coat actually matters...
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-29-2014, 8:55 AM Reply   
Whining cuz it can't be had fully loaded for 50k, and then whining because they can't believe it would only be 63k fully loaded. Claiming it is built no better than an axis or moomba without ever even seeing it, and consantly comparing to a boat that's not even in its class. Calling out BS on anyone who could have purchased one at a price less than 100k, and saying that anyone would be a fool to even buy it at that price. So many better choices? You haven't even see one yet.

You know what is even worse than a customer that will buy a MC, just because it says "MasterCraft" on the side??? It's the people that bash every little difference between a MC and their boat, and will even contradict themselves, later in a thread, to continue bashing. It is the guy that gets so butthurt that he has to scream from the rooftops that his boat is so much better, for one dumb reason, or another.

MC has a new boat. News flash- It is not going to be exactly like yours, for half the price.

Another WW thread that is full of drama queens instead of useful information. Awesome.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-29-2014, 8:57 AM Reply   
And yours was also with the no one comfirmed or denied it was chopper gun....so I guess we are even. And neither of us will probably ever own this boat. So other than some light enjoyment on a Tuesday morning....our discussion is just going in circles.

Back to your regularly scheduled NXT discussion......
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-29-2014, 9:14 AM Reply   
My major holdup with buying one of these is it is the first year of production. I am pretty sure it is common knowledge a lot of people go by to not buy any vehicle during its first year of production. The second major holdup would be I would wait till next summer when the 22' and 24' boats come out. A 20' boat doesn't interest me nor does it fit all my needs for owning a boat.

Last edited by dezul; 04-29-2014 at 9:14 AM. Reason: edit
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-29-2014, 9:17 AM Reply   
Board man you just need to get your facts straight the NXT is built exactly the same way as every other MasterCraft .
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-29-2014, 9:29 AM Reply   
If your talking about the chopper gun comment that info came from the rep at the boat show. Why would he lie that the boat was built using a method some consider cheaper? Maybe he was misinformed and told me incorrect information. In which case I retract my prior statement and aplogize.

Are you confirming that the NXT is indeed a hand laid hull and that you have some type of proof to that? Other than the dealer who just sold you one. I personally could care either way chopper gun construction has been ustilized for many years in boats that are still going strong. I thought it was odd that it was going to be built different, but thats what I was told when I asked how they could build this boat so much cheaper then the rest.

I don't really have an axe to grind I hope the boat does well. I just repeating what I was told at the boat show.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-29-2014, 9:52 AM Reply   
From What I saw, and perhaps someone can chime in here if they have better or more current pricing:
Base MSRP - $63,480
Dash color - $400
NXT Surf Package - $3970
Ready to Go Package - $5400
Tracking Fins - $510
Amp and Sub - $1190
Fiberglass platform in color - $310
Dual Battery switch - $710
Shipping Cover - $490
Tower licensing fee - $100
Single axle trailer - $3810
Spare tire - $550
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-29-2014, 9:59 AM Reply   
Chat you are pretty much spot on with the prices the base boat price is 50k plus all the options
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-29-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
And some of those things you listed is included in the 50k
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-29-2014, 10:02 AM Reply   
wake2snow…. congrats on your purchase, post pictures as you get them, and i hope that wake is awesome for you.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-29-2014, 10:07 AM Reply   
How do you order a boat, sit in it, but the dealer says you cannot take a photo? I call BS. If I'm dropping 20k on a bayliner, I'm still taking pictures.

And built better? They all build quality products, just built differently. What do you think it actually costs to build a boat? No imagine the mark up. Thy don't use special fiberglass that others don't. The engines all pretty much come from the same manufacturer. The styling obviously is what set them apart, fit and finish, but the "big" components, not bettet

Last edited by wakebrdr94; 04-29-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-29-2014, 10:25 AM Reply   
Dave the boat isn't at dealers yet but have fun with your bayliner. Johnny thanks and I will post pics when I get it
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-29-2014, 10:57 AM Reply   
Luke Bryan could have any boat he wants and he went Sanger of course so watch for Luke out in TN surfin his Sanger.
Old     (stuntmonkey)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-29-2014, 11:24 AM Reply   
Post up the build sheet already.

Who buys a boat they haven't even seen, or water tested?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2014, 12:03 PM Reply   
Yeah I dont get not water testing it and seeing the wake. Its just a short version of the X1. I am trying to grasp it. Of course with bells and whistles.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-29-2014, 12:13 PM Reply   
I do have fun on our bayliner, along with the '76 charger and VLX. lets see the build sheet. lets see what this actually costs
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-29-2014, 12:38 PM Reply   
Cleats are an option - WTF Tracking fins an option? C'mon man! Other than that it will fill a nice nitch for people who are driven by brand and brand acceptance at the ramp, marina, tie up spot, sandbar, lakeside restaraunt etc and can't afford or dont want to spend the real big bucks on the higher end models in the line up just like entry level mercedes, bmw's and lexus.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-29-2014, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:

And for the record, 63k would put you in an Axis t22 (larger boat) with a tandem trailer, options you listed, plus a stereo, and more ballast. I never said t was a bad boat, just the 50k all day is not true. That's all

Last edited by wakebrdr94; 04-29-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2014, 1:00 PM Reply   
Dave the T from Axis looks like a VERY interesting boat have you been in one.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-29-2014, 1:11 PM Reply   
Looks like getting an NXT for $50k is about as likely as getting your money back on the new buy back program MC is promoting (or "Surf-Rewards" as I call it): http://www.mastercraft.com/pdf/Maste..._Guarantee.pdf

As an aside here, with respect to the terms of the Surf-Rewards program, I have two thoughts:

1 - 10 hours? What about the break-in period?
2 - Is someone really going to be able to return a boat, locate a new boat, line up financing for a second boat, get everything approved, get the second boat delivered and (here's the kicker) somehow get the regulatory authority to process the new boat registration, assign a reg. number, and issue the registration - so you can get the numbers on your second boat - all within 30 days?

Sorry for the tangent. I happened upon a thread about the Surf-Reward program on another site and thought I'd mention it here.

Last edited by chattwake; 04-29-2014 at 1:18 PM.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       04-29-2014, 1:34 PM Reply   
Remember the ''Cash Rewards ''program MC had in 2008 ? How many of their customers got duped with that scam? Apparently neither MC or their customers learned a thing . Different program but still just a scam. Does MC really think they can trick people into buying their boats?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-29-2014, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
T22 would be my next boat… and I absolutely love my A22. That thing is huge, a lot of freeboard (encroaching on the G series, supras S series, and the A24 amount of freeboard). It is cab forward, like the malibu wake setters, and its bow and cabin configuration is excellent. I have been all over that boat and am so impressed that it is $5k less than a comparable A22. I have not surfed or ridden behind it yet, but so far all the reviews from my friends are excellent. Rumors are the T22 is Malibu's best surf wave (among all maliub/axis boats using surf gate) but thats all hearsay.

And Wake2 snow… Dave's boats are sick. His VLX is beautiful and if he does have a chaparral, it is probably pretty nice as well. Good on you though, for throwing $63k at a first run boat that you have not seen the final product of, driven in, ridden behind, or seen any legitimate pictures or video of the wake or wave. You have big balls, my friend.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-29-2014, 1:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post

Yes, and I think it's very well thought out. If I had not gone with my VLX, the T22 would have been my next choice. The boat feels huge inside, it's solid, tons of storage, puts out a great wake, and with the addition of surfgate, IMO its a no brainer in that price point. It will do everything my VLX will do, just without "fancy stuff". I don't know how easy it is to fold the tower as I've never tried, but the g3 on my bu is super easy. One of the main reasons I stuck with a VLX. This is where the NXT fails IMO. From what the other dude said 63k for a 20' boat. Even if you compare the A20, with the same options and stereo, still less than the NXT. I'm not saying the NXT is bad by any means, but if someone wants to spend that kind of money, I would push them toward the larger boat where one could he their family, and guests on the water with them. A 20' boat is going to feel smaller, not bad mouthing, just a reality.

I would have no problem owning an axis. There is a reason the brand has grown as one of the top. What are they, 6th I think? Pretty good in a short time. To say they are cheap is laughable. Comes from those who drink the kool aid advertising shoves down people's throats. Johnny can tell how well his A22 has held up, and they only keep getting better
Old     (IndySkier)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-29-2014, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Before the NXT, everyone on WW wanted a stripped down, bare bones Wakeboard and surf boat for $50kish and they wanted it to be from one of the big 3 or a reputable brand. All everyone complains about is the rising costs of boats. Many people talked about how they wanted the Gen1 star or older 210's bought back because the hulls we so great. MC does almost exactly that and now people complain that they don't have enough options, bling, features, etc... It's almost comical.

If you have the means to buy a G or a star, you will NOT be looking at this boat. If you are looking at the cheapest inboards on the market (20' Tige, Axis, Moomba), than this boat will appeal to you. Some people would prefer to have a top of the line fully loaded Kia, and for the same price some people like a stripped down, basic Acura or Lexus (or whatever high end brand). MC has just given everyone another choice in the entry level boat market, I really don't see a reason to hate on that concept.
+1 ! This boat isn't designed for everyone. It could be great for some of us. The only thing I'm bothered by are the tracking fins and pylon not being standard. Perhaps those came at the expense of the standard Zero Off, I'm ok with that.

For all of you begging to see a sales sheet, can one of you share why you aren't calling a dealer to get one for yourself? I'm just curious.

Last edited by IndySkier; 04-29-2014 at 2:03 PM. Reason: .....as...
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-29-2014, 2:09 PM Reply   
Here's what I happened to see (I removed specific color selections).

Like I said, maybe the numbers changed.
Attached Images

Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2014, 2:10 PM Reply   
It looks huge was curious what the price was gonna be on the street. So you have ridden behind it as well? I agree with everything you said about the NXT. MC should be smarter than me so we will see how it goes. Looks like they sold one already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebrdr94 View Post
Yes, and I think it's very well thought out. If I had not gone with my VLX, the T22 would have been my next choice. The boat feels huge inside, it's solid, tons of storage, puts out a great wake, and with the addition of surfgate, IMO its a no brainer in that price point. It will do everything my VLX will do, just without "fancy stuff". I don't know how easy it is to fold the tower as I've never tried, but the g3 on my bu is super easy. One of the main reasons I stuck with a VLX. This is where the NXT fails IMO. From what the other dude said 63k for a 20' boat. Even if you compare the A20, with the same options and stereo, still less than the NXT. I'm not saying the NXT is bad by any means, but if someone wants to spend that kind of money, I would push them toward the larger boat where one could he their family, and guests on the water with them. A 20' boat is going to feel smaller, not bad mouthing, just a reality.

I would have no problem owning an axis. There is a reason the brand has grown as one of the top. What are they, 6th I think? Pretty good in a short time. To say they are cheap is laughable. Comes from those who drink the kool aid advertising shoves down people's throats. Johnny can tell how well his A22 has held up, and they only keep getting better
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-29-2014, 2:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post

Wow
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-29-2014, 2:22 PM Reply   
Price point b i t c h e s!!! Zane that should make your hair stand up even straighter!!!

Quote:

Old     (stuntmonkey)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-29-2014, 2:35 PM Reply   
LOL $80k for a 20ft, first run, 2nd rate boat.

I'll take the 2013 VLX instead thanks.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-29-2014, 2:41 PM Reply   
Quote:

But we all know that no dealerships ever sell boats for msrp. We need to also wait and see what the invoice is. The sale price will be somewhere in between.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-29-2014, 2:45 PM Reply   
Man even at $63k you could get a LOADED Moomba Mondo and LSV. You are into entry Mojo pricing. There are a lot of better options out there for people who don't want to own a "status" boat.