Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-12-2012, 6:10 PM Reply   
Okay, so. I have ridden behind 3 different x25's a 2011 twice, a 2012 and 2010 countless times. until a neighbor got a 2012 when ever i read a thread about the x25 stock wake being "amazing" and "the best" i scoffed, the 2010 which i have logged about 300 hours on (its a close friend's the boat almost never leave the dock without me) has a flat wake. to be honest, its terrible until you slam it. Hopped out behind the 2012 and thought wow this is amazing, the wake is steep and poppy with good transition. We noticed a major difference that is consistent from the photo's of x25's posted around and online along with my neighbors. The 2010, the boat in question, has its center trim tab mount flush with the running surface of the hull (i dont have pics, its in storage) while the 2012's ive seen have the trim tab mounted about an inch- 2 inches higher so they are not flush with the bottom of the hull. i believe the indmar is heavier than the ilmor, and the 2010 has a little bit more ballast (not sure) but that would only make the wake bigger. is the trim tab the culprit? any similar experiences? heres the difference: both boats at 22mph with stock ballast, and a few passengers. HELP
Attached Images