Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       09-17-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
Anyone know what the price of the 09 boards are going to be average? I am looking to get into a setup. Coming from a Covin, what do you guys think of the recoil? I'v never ridden a Slingshot but I can demo one before I buy.

I know there's tons of threads on slingshots out there, but just shoot me as much info as you can/want on these boards...im DYING to try one out. thanks!
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-17-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
The MSRP on the 08 boards were $429-$449, and the MSRP on the 08 bindings were $399. I would assume that they are in the same pricing structure.

I absolutely love my Recoil 142. I came from riding the Obrien Valhalla and the LF Shane.

The recoil really likes to go wake-to-wake. I take a lot of my tricks into the flats, and I was having a little trouble with it at first. Once I got used to it, I just don't know how I could ever go back.

The thing that surprised me the most was how soft the landings were. It is a really weird (but nice) feeling. I did a roll to revert and cased the wake (expecting to fall), but it absorbed a lot of the shock, and I rode away clean.

I have been riding the recoil finless a lot lately. As long as the water is smooth, it has plenty of edge on it. The butter slides are just way too much fun to put the fins back on.

Upload
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-17-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
if you make it to menomonie this weekend you can ride my 07 recoil with 08 D2's
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       09-17-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
Nick, I have been talking with Sean and I think we're planning on riding on sunday. I am gonna ride in MN on saturday and make it to Menomonie on Sunday. That would be awesome if I could try out your setup, I just got an email with an AWESOME deal on an 08 setup. PM me if you are gonna ride this weekend with Sean, I would LOVE that man, THANKS!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-17-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
what time sunday, I think im running home friday and will be back sometime sunday... it shouldnt be late, but i'll have my board with me take one last set with my boat for the year
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       09-17-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
Hijack - (of my own thread)

So are you riding in Menom on Sunday at any time or no? I just talked to Sean and he said he was going to talk with you. He said he wanted to ride "all day" so whatever that means. Shoot me a Pm or something man, I would really like to give your board a shot before, and if I pull the trigger on a slingshot. BTW...know anyone that would be interested in a Ronix setup?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-17-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
no one I know is looking for a new setup, but I can check...

I will prob. leave my house at like 12-2:00pm or so and be back to menom by like 2-4:30

I have to winterize our beast so hopefully it goes smooth and I can get out early, I'll let sean know or send you a pm when I get my