Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (prostartjh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-06-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
Hey guys (and gals) -

Took the boat to Lake Chelan (Central Washington area) for the week. It was moored all week. The boat ran great and we all surfed and boarded all week long. However, my problem will is the ballast system and the length it takes to fill my sacs. I have 2 of the BI ProX Fat Sacs (750lbs ea.) in the rear storage lockers and a custom BI ProX sac in the ski locker (400lbs.) In the spring, I did some changes to the ballast system which included:

1) changing the output hoses to 1" diameter from the .75" diameter ones that came stock.
2) inverted the center and port ballast puppy pumps so the impeller was below the motor - same configuration the starboard side pump is mounted from the factory.
3) routed the fill/drain hoses to fill and drain from the top of the sac rather than from the bottom.

Here are my problems.

1) fill times are still around 30 minutes - unacceptable to me.
2) draining from the top takes for ever

Does anyone have any thoughts?

I am thinking of getting rid of the manifold and connect the hoses directly to each pump. I believe the manifold is not able to feed the pumps with enough water. In fact, I can only fill one rear sac at a time because the two pumps "fight" over the water from the manifold.

The boat is a 2002 X30 with the L-18 engine.