Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    tom_stone            10-13-2005, 2:18 AM Reply   
Hi
i am looking to buy my first all out wakeboard boat, looking at the air nautique, moomba and mastercrafts and am wondering on the best wake. does the wake plate on the moomba work? does anyone use it on the sea?

also been looking at the malibu boats and wondered what your riders' think to the wedge
Old     (wakedoctor)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-13-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
None has the best wake really, they all are different shapes. Just go to a dealer see about getting a test ride.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-13-2005, 11:34 AM Reply   
craig couldn't have said it better.

however, you will notice differences in the boat's overall construction upon merely sitting in it. you will also pay for the quality difference.
Old    tom_stone            10-17-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
thanks for your input, i have already spoken to my local dealers and wanted to get a rider's opinion.

i know that every one prefers a different shape and i was hoping you may help me understand the Malibu's Wedge and also the wakeplate on Moombas'. i have read some good and bad reviews on these, most don't seem them that effective
Old     (bennettag10)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-17-2005, 8:14 AM Reply   
the wake plate on the moomba just adjusts the trim, when i wakeboard, i normally leave it down, cause if we put it up the wake is all whitewater... although it all depends on how you weight your boat as to what the best position for the wakeplate is
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-17-2005, 8:29 AM Reply   
The new Moomba LSV is right now the wake flying under the radar. If you have not ridden behind the 06 then try it out before passing judgement. 05 owners will be upset with the changes in 06 and once Moomba does some adjustments to there interior I think everyone will look at the Moomba with a little more respect.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-17-2005, 8:29 AM Reply   
Go board behind them and make your own decision.
Old     (greg__s)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-17-2005, 2:10 PM Reply   
I had a 96 DD Malibu before and it needed the Wedge for a fun wake. I have a 05 VLX now and like my boarding wake with ballast and no wedge. With the wedge down and ballast full, it throws me to hard for my riding style. I use the wedge surfing every time.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-17-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
X-STAR...
Old    byerly137pro            10-17-2005, 2:37 PM Reply   
The wakeplate on the Moomba works if you ride fast enough. It makes it curl over and get all white-wash when you go 20-21mph. If you get up to 24-25,ph with the bags full plus about 1000lbs extra and people, the wake is much better with the wakeplate at half. It makes the wake harder and is steeper.
Old    tom_stone            10-20-2005, 2:05 AM Reply   
thanks very much for the information. does any one use these on the sea?
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-20-2005, 4:22 AM Reply   
x-2 or x-star
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-20-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
Epic 23V... Well I have no basis for this right now, but from what is being said, and what I have seen it looks to be a pretty sweet boat for a good price
Old    jayp            10-20-2005, 6:27 PM Reply   
X-1

Old    walt            10-20-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
X-1 or SAN
Old    mendo247            10-20-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
hey tom, just purchasing a boat i know the frustration and confusion with all the choices out there.. if i was to give you any advice i would start with a budget.. figure out how much you want to spend.. this should easily cut your options in half.. you can get an awesome wake boat from anywhere between 35 and 75 thousand (brand spanking new).. there is no way i wanted to put myself through looking at every boat on the market.. with a wake boat you do get what you pay for.. dang near every manufacturer makes a great product.. some cut small corners to keep the price down some throw more bling at you than you know what to do with.. i had a tight budget when i bought mine so it was fairly simple.. sit in boats, drive boats, ride behind them and stand back and stare at them.. the more you look and touch the more you will learn and the decision will become clear.. there isnt one boat these guys have listed that isnt a spectacular wakeboat.. you hardly ever hear of anyone bashing a specific brand of boat on here.. they all have there following.. there are plenty of people on here who have been on every make and model made.. ask one of them to go shopping with you or to a boat show and show you the ins and outs of different makes and models... you do not want to jump into anything then get in someone elses boat and go shoot why didnt i buy one of these...