Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (210san)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-17-2009, 2:12 PM Reply   
does anyone know how the bow panels come off to swap the speakers? I have done all the rears and the panels just unbolted but I can't find any bolts for the bow panels. This a 2003 SAN 210

Thanks
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-17-2009, 2:41 PM Reply   
nice I'm also planning on changing the interior speakers in my 02.
let us know how it goes!
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-17-2009, 5:17 PM Reply   
Someone over at www.planetnautique.com will know!
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       04-17-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
I have an 02 SANTE and the bow panels have slide brackets. I think you have 1 or 2 bolts in the front- 2 on each side near the cupholders-maybe 1 on each side of the cupholder assembly and then there are 1 or 2 bolts in the rear that you have to remove your foot board panel to get to. Once all bolts are removed its a pulling and sliding upward motion that you have to do to remove the panel. It will definately help if you have a 2nd person- 1 on each side.
Hope that helps!
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-20-2009, 8:01 AM Reply   
Harold is right. On my '03 Sante, you have to get the cupholders and plastic piece off first. There are a few small screws that hold the plastic thing. You have to pull the cushion away to see them. After that, you can reach up under the bow and get to the bolts. Then there were about 2 sheet metal style screws on either side on the rear portion of the cushion that you have to get to from the footwell and the observers compartment. It is a pain in the ars to get to and to put back and get the screws back in the same hull. I think there might have been bolts too. I'm curious if you have the sheetmetal screws of if the previous owner of mine did it.

While you have them off, I would put some baffles in there to hold the new ones. You can see on my old thread on PN that shows the baffles and some of the bolts that you have to get to.

What speakers you putting in?

http://planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7874&post days=0&postorder=asc&start=120
Old     (210san)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-20-2009, 8:59 AM Reply   
Thanks guys...I will work on it this week.

Brandon I wanted to keep the stock look so I stayed with 5.25's and found an awesome deal on CDT's which I already installed in the main area and they are amazing! They list at $300/pair and on the link below they are on closeout for $99/pair. I have Wetsounds Pro80's on the tower and 2 JL 12" subs

http://www.woofersetc.com/p5835/CLE51CV--CDT-Audio-Classic-Series-525"-Convertible-Component-Speakers.htm
Old     (210san)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-20-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
I have taken the cup holders out but how do you get the piece that holds the cup holders out? Is it screwed in or do I just need to force it out?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-20-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
Hope you don't get them wet. Most of CDT speakers are a paper cone. IIRC
Old     (210san)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-20-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
water shouldn't be a problem the cones carbon

(Message edited by 210san on April 20, 2009)
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-20-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
It should be screwed in with a couple of small threaded screws. You have to pull the cushion away and then you can barely see them.