Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-25-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
hey im staying at Rock Lane Resort so like right next to Silver Dollar City, and our marina is called the Table Rock Marina at Indian Point. We go up every year and we are guna be there from the 28th of July to 11th of August. If anyone knows any good riding spots over there or wants to give me and my friend a pull that would be awesome, we ride behind an X-2 but have to ride behind an I/o for the whole trip so riding behind a wakeboat atleast once would be awesome. thanks
Old     (brizad64)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2007, 12:04 PM Reply   
We were just up there a couple weeks ago. We were hanging out around Aunts Creek up past Kimberling City by the Bluffs. In the afternoon around 7:00 its pretty much glass around there. You can normally see some good riders in that area.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       07-25-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
Going to be around this weekend. Havent ridin there before but going to try and tear it up.

Let me know what are the ideal spots - anything is better than Lake st. Louis- right now.

Look for the red- Malibu with a skylon and bimini top. Hope to meet some new people.
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-25-2007, 7:58 PM Reply   
sweet thanks. yea randy we should ride together if u want.
Old     (qcwake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-27-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
My younger brother and I took a lesson this morning with Rusty Prince and I highly recommend him to anyone at table rock who wants to progress. Before the lesson I was only doing fundamental things and heelside w2w jumps with some grabs/FS 180s and an inconsistent toeside jump. After only a 2 hour split session with my brother I was able to get my toeside w2w, toeside FS180 w2w, heelside BS180 w2w, heelside FS360 w2w, toeside FS360 w2w, and some switch 1wake 180s. He was very good at breaking the tricks down and also very friendly. We also had the opportunity to watch him ride behind our boat and he is definitely an amazing rider. Have fun when your down here it's beautiful.
Old     (jdarnold)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
Where was he located? Kimberling City? Was he working out of a shop? Ski Shack?
Old     (qcwake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-27-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
He lives near baxter at the point 17 cove. He is sponsored by the Mastercraft dealer in Shell Knob and does weekly clinics there on thursdays but my brother and I did a private lesson. I can get his number if your interested.
Old     (jdarnold)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2007, 12:55 PM Reply   
I see. You mentioned you rode behind your boat, which is why I thought it was Ski Shack out of Kimberling. I just found out last week that they were doing lessons out of Shell Knob. Thanks for the heads up, we'll definitely check it out! (Would you mind sharing how much your private lessons were?)
Old     (qcwake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-27-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
For private lessons behind your own boat it is $65/hour or behind his x-star it is $125/hour. I highly recommend him if your looking for a lesson.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-27-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
Bart, I am going on a family vacation starting the 28th and I am going to be there for a week. I will have my family with me, but would be more then happy to take you guys out if we get some free time. I will pm you my cell number..