Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (the_ish)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-29-2009, 4:52 PM Reply   
This is my 1st post on here and I barely ever get any info on wakeboarding from the internet, I really only read all the mags and watch all the vids. So I'm wondering what ever happen to all these riders, they all seem to just have disappeared from sight, no more pics in mags or video parts.

Gerry Nunn

Ricky Gonzales

Billy Mckee

Kieth Kipp

Kyle Murphy

Brannon Johnson

Greg Nelson

Really interested what ever happen to these guys, did they quite, move on, become a part of the industry or just fade into oblivion, if you know let me know thanks
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-29-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
Nunn - Pretty sure he still rides in central Florida. Raising his family.

Ricky - Still riding, look at the rest of the posts he's been posting the last few days.

McKee - Think he moved to the mid-west and runs a boat shop.

Kipp - Just finished the Parks doc.

Murphy - You got me.

Johnson - Went back to college, think he's an engineer/pilot.

Nelson - Designs bad ass boards for Hyperlite. Raising his family in Nor Cal.

That's all I got. Miss seeing Nelson ride, so smooth and stylish.
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-29-2009, 5:00 PM Reply   
Gerry Nunn
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/735148.html#POST1487271
He still rips...saw him on Pull w/ Murray
Ricky G
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/744243.html?1256857044
He still rips too!
Old     (the_ish)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-29-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
thanks

good to hear some of the guys are still riding and ripping!
Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-29-2009, 8:08 PM Reply   
Yea after Kyle Murphy blew his knee on that insane drop he seems to have disappeared.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       10-29-2009, 11:24 PM Reply   
Billy Mckee is part owner in the local MC dealership here in Salt Lake City, UT.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       10-30-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
Gerry Nunn
Killing it still. Not sure why this would even be asked. Runs a school, competes, rides better than 99.9x% of the world does? Make sense?

Ricky Gonzales
Same - killing it. Killing it to death in the masters' class. I am trying to line up an interview with him for fuel.tv/wakeboarding. In related news I spoke with the Vandall over the phone on Tuesday while I was on my way to see Mastodon and we've got him lined up for an interview soon soon soon. What a nice guy to talk to. Humble as can be.

Billy Mckee
I was wondering about him too lately. Answer is above (thank you for that, Ryan).

Kieth Kipp
Popular video editor - works on projects of his own, works on Pull, and other big video items.

Kyle Murphy
Not a clue.

Brannon Johnson
Pilot right. He comes up once a month or so. He went from straight killing it in comps, broke his ankle (talus perhaps) and it was kind of over. Sad. I wasn't a fan of his style per se but he brought a lot to the sport.

Greg Nelson
I now consider him to be a personal friend which is INSANE because I was a fan for so long. He's hooking me up with something that is going on the wall. Can you shadowbox a wakeboard? Anyway he's with Hyperlite/Accurate/Byerly/HO Skis as a Marketing Manager. He's also a super good guy, responsive to what I need as a journalist and someone I have queued up for an interview on fuel.tv/wakeboarding as well.

(Message edited by juniorhawk on October 30, 2009)
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-30-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
^^^In related news, Mastodon is awesome.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-30-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
Dood....Ricky G hasn't disappeared or even slowed down. He's still pioneering new tricks, swiping the prize money at contests, and he has a couple of threads right below this one.

Nelson can be found at any major event supporting his team, but we're hoping to talk him into the DU contest at Spring Ride this year. Who wants to see that!?!?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-30-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
MASTODON IS BY Far the Best METAL Band!!!

yes I was yelling we are talking about metal after all!
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-30-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
Tommy t welcome. You will be very educated on WW.... i was missing out for years also :-)

Have fun.
Old     (the_ish)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-30-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
ya I just saw Ricky on Daily Habit, it was tight, I was just saying I get most of my wakeboarding through new vids and the mags and haven't seen him in any of them lately, except for that sequence of the indy pete he did which was siiiiiick!
Old     (the_ish)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-30-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
haha thanks Jim, glad to be here
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-30-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
what about Dave Isaacson. Used to ride for Gator I think. Him and his brother came out to Hawaii, just after Greg Nelson and his wife came out. Watching Greg spin so smoothly was nice. I saw Dave throw a HS Front off a huge dub and had to look up under the bimini to find him. never seen anyone go that huge before.
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-30-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
Kyle Murphy - I have seen Kyle riding the last two weekends. Still charging. Prior to that he was doing a lot of wakeskating.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-30-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
I think Dave is still up in the northwest or something. probably still "dreaded" to the max!
Greg had some of the best style out there.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-30-2009, 8:13 PM Reply   
hahahah, yep dave had some crazy dreads back in the day. I think that was back in 2003 when they came out to hawaii
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-30-2009, 9:19 PM Reply   
I used to love watching Brannon. He definitely killed it. He was pretty tall and had a smooth style.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-31-2009, 3:17 AM Reply   
rides better than 99.9x% of the world does? Make sense?
NO
Old     (pierem)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-31-2009, 3:22 AM Reply   
And what about this guy ??? pretty sick section in free 4 all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX6qbiIcOxo
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-31-2009, 6:05 AM Reply   
I saw David Isaacson ride in the Malibu Pro team challenge in Washington last year for team Gator, I think he was dreadless.
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-31-2009, 7:32 AM Reply   
was that a nose grabbed crow mobe 5 off the double up? jesus!
Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-31-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
In an old alliance mag they were saying that Rob Struharik is living in a tree fort in the Northwest. So basically I think he became a hippie and got away from the material things including wakeboarding.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-31-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
If any one see's Isaacson, tell him to contact me at ryan@puremaui.com

Thanks
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-31-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
what about
Johnny King
Doug Homan
Rich Goforth

And Ryan what are doing beside Kite Boarding
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-31-2009, 11:27 AM Reply   
how bout ...
steve whalman
collin wright
Old     (62lincoln)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-31-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
Tommy I don't know what magazines you've been getting but I've definitley been in them haha. Thanks for asking and wondering though.

Erik- hey didn't hear anything about the interview with fuel . I'm down for sure so let me know.

Thanks everyone for all the support

Ricky G
WSR

check out my website too itzrickyg.com
and phalanx website at phalanxwake.com
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-31-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
last time i ran into collin was at sia in vegas 2 years ago..... him and his mom were reopening their shop.

collin.... where are you???
Old     (gerald_withanuuh)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-31-2009, 10:33 PM Reply   
billy Mckee i think got a boat shop