Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-16-2009, 10:39 PM Reply   
I currently have a hyperlite broadcast 5'4" board (the longer version). I am looking to upgrade to a faster, more manuevarable board. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am 6', 195 lbs. Looking for a board that is quicker in the wave, and can cut a little quicker.

I have looked into the Tsunami, but without trying any of these I dont want to make a purchase that I am going to regret. If you have a recommendation for me, please drop me a line.

Thanks!
Old     (scottymc261)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-17-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Walker Comp 4.8
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-17-2009, 3:34 PM Reply   
Who sells Walker Comp boards in the Sacramento, CA area?
Old     (donnieb)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-17-2009, 9:24 PM Reply   
Unfortunately I haven't been able to try any Walker boards so I can't compare/contrast, but being up in the Pacific NW, it's pretty easy to try out an Inland Surfer board. The Blue Lake is a great all-round board, and the new IS Swallow is a Blue Lake on steroids - lots of fun. Best advice,though, is to get out and try as many boards as you can before you buy.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-17-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
That seems to be the challenging part, nobody I have found offers a "trial" ride before you buy. Its quite a bit to invest, I am hoping in the near future I can demo the Walker boards. I have contacted the sales rep and he is trying to get a hold of the Comp X 4.8 and Grom 4.0 for my 6 year old.

I will throw up a review when I get to give them a ride.

Anyone live in the Sacramento, CA area willing to let me take a board out for the day? If so, please drop me a line I live in the Roseville area.
Old    surfdad            06-18-2009, 4:46 AM Reply   
If he hasn't found you already, PM Dennish - he's the Norcal rep for TWP.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-18-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
Got in contact with Dennis, unfortunately he does not have any boards in hand with him. Hopefully soon we will be able to give them a test ride.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-18-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
Travis, both the TWP boards you picked should be great for you and the little guy. I haven't heard anyone not liking the Comp x. Stick with trying to find a demo ride