Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    norcal_99            04-13-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
I'm pussing out because the water is too cold.
Old    haterssuckcom            04-13-2004, 11:49 AM Reply   
not looking to good........ http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/weather/tenday/USCA0302?x=7&lswe=dobbins%2Cca&lswa=AllergiesForec ast&y=6
were planning on being there fri- sun (@10 of us) in a black supra at the schoolhouse campground.
Old    jetgofish            04-13-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
are you guys still planning on going??
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-13-2004, 11:59 AM Reply   
ouch... the weather is lookin bad
Old    jetgofish            04-13-2004, 12:07 PM Reply   
Here's my deal:

haterssuck.com I'm going regardless, what sites at school house did you reserve and I will try and reserve sites close to you!

Rene .... YOU SUCK
Old    norcal_99            04-13-2004, 12:11 PM Reply   
Teri ... I know.
Old    haterssuckcom            04-13-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
we havent reserved any sites........we spoke on the phone and they said just come up & pick the sites you want cuz schoolhouse is not very full.dark day is closed because of maint. issues.i figured that would be better since weve never been there.hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend........edmond
Old    jetgofish            04-13-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
lets keep in touch with one another. Watch the weather and see what we have. I'll be making a final decision on Thursday morning. Weather person calls for showers tomorrow with 35% chances rest of the week and weekend. Sounds like we might just have some chilly weather and no rain!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-13-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
last minute camping trip?
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-13-2004, 2:49 PM Reply   
I still really want to go. But this weather is killing me. I'm with Teri, I think that I will make a final decision on Thursday.
Old    jetgofish            04-13-2004, 4:11 PM Reply   
ALee - Not last minute, we've actually had this planned for over a month now! Problem is now the weather decided to act up!

So here's my deal, Monday I was laid off from my job and I really, really want to go camping, meet new people have a good time and forget about the last two months that have been bad! I've been watching the weather (like I have nothing else to do) and so far it's changed twice. It's down to chance of showers instead of showers. Here in Disco it's been blowing all day and finally the clouds are starting to roll in! So Thursday I'll make the final call for my group. Most likely I'm going, even if it's by myself!!!
Old     (sacdeep)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-14-2004, 8:42 AM Reply   
I'll be up at Oroville with the Filthy Whore all weekend
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-14-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
Teri.. looks like you might need a raincoat, and Sacdeep (little different raincoat though)
Old    jetgofish            04-14-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
Haterssuck and the rest of the Ghetto Fish crew .... we are on like Donkey Kong!

We will be staying in the School House Camp ground. I will not reserve sights so Don and all we will be driving a white Suburban with a blue X-Star. We plan on leaving Disco around 12 right now! Maybe earlier, so we will be up by 2 or sooner!

PEACE
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-14-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
Yeah, were there too. Just to camp out and have a few drinks and maybe get a few runs in. Mark, said something about huntin bears nekked? Who knows what go's though thats boys mind? Few jello shots and we can all put on war paint and raid the other campgrounds? Oh hey does anyone know if we can have a campfire? If so bring wood!!
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-15-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
The forcast is lookin a little better? Sundays lookin pretty sweet. Saturday is just possable t-storms. Anyone check to see if we can have a campfire or not?
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-15-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
I just checked and it's calling for freaking SNOW on Saturday. What the fargnog? Oh well, I guess I'll bring my snowboard instead.

http://www.bullardsbar.com/id3.html
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-15-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/weather/tenday/USCA0302?x=7&lswe=dobbins%2Cca&lswa=AllergiesForec ast&y=6

check that one
Old    swpmwinc            04-15-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
If you notice were the weather station is that that link takes you too is Blue Canyon. You know the spot on Hwy.80 that the reporters hang out at. It is at 4000' and the gateway to Tahoe not real accurate weather. Check Grass Valley or Auburn for a more realistic forecast
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-15-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
Check Dobbins, Ca. This is pretty much the closest town to Bullards Bar.
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-15-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
The link I posted is from Dobbins, Ca. Whos all going? I need to know If i should bring my boat or not? Can we get somekind of count today?? Teri?? Where are you?? W}e need info girl!!!
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-15-2004, 10:07 AM Reply   
Sorry about that Don, I didn't notice that your link was for Dobbins. I still want to go really bad but I don't have a cover for my boat, so I am continuously checking to see if there will be rain or not.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-15-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
It sucks that we happened to pick this weekend. Last weekend was awsome (90 degrees here in Sac) and next weekend is supposed to be Sunny all weekend and back in the mid 70's.
Old    swpmwinc            04-15-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
The weather channel says Dobbins but it is really reading from the Auburn Airport. the weather now in Auburn is cloudy does not look like rain. No thunder boomers over the Sierra's yet. I will try and keep you guys posted.
Old    jetgofish            04-15-2004, 7:07 PM Reply   
All right so myself, Miggity, Don + 3, and Mark are in. We will all be on the X Star. I will contact my friend Todd and his 4 this evening after he gets home from work they should have a boat in tow. They were a maybe as of Tuesday.

Ed are you and your 10 in and how many boats are you brining?

Pure - How bout it, you know you wanna come, screw it weather is calling for CHANCE of rain....bet it doesn't rain at all.

So my crew will be staying in the School House campsite with a white Burb and a blue and white X. Keep and eye out for us.

Migg - what's you clock look like tomorrow, I was thinking about leaving around 12?!
Old    walt            04-15-2004, 9:11 PM Reply   
I hope you guys have a great time !
Old    haterssuckcom            04-16-2004, 12:39 AM Reply   
prob. not coming up fri now...some fn tweekers broke into my warehouse wednesday night & took a bunch of equipment, computers, ect...just got my new ones up & running.trying to play catch-up cuz im a day behind.hopefully we can make it for saturday!late
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-16-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
damm tweekers!!! Im all packed and ready to head out. Look forward to meeting you guys. We should be there around 7:30ish, so someone get a fire going. Keep an eye out for a big ugly Dodge truck.

Late Millah
Old    jetgofish            04-16-2004, 10:19 AM Reply   
So I just got a call from a buddy who's already at the lake, he said it was a bit chilly this morning but the water is glass a tiny breeze and no ripples on the water. Said there is scattered clouds and right now there looks like no rain from his view point!

Here's the weather forecast for Grass Valley. I'm outta here in a few short hours!

Ed - hope to see you there if you have a chance come on up tonight, here's my cell 925-890-1832, give me a shout!!!
Old    jetgofish            04-16-2004, 10:51 AM Reply   
oops http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USCA0437.html
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-19-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
So how was it? I feel like such a flake. I was sooo pumped up for this trip. I hope everyone who did go, had a great time.
Old    jetgofish            04-19-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
It was a little cold at night and wet. Ended up we had 9 adults and two kids. Five of the nine bailed Saturday. Four were driving back to San Louis Obispo and one to San Jose. 6 of us rode on Saturday, two from the Miller boat.

Here are a few pics

Old    jetgofish            04-19-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
Da Fish
really the dry suit wasn't needed

Shane's Backroll
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-19-2004, 6:12 PM Reply   
The water looks awsome. I'm gonna try to make it up there this weekend.
Old    jetgofish            04-19-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
You can always come to the Delta since there are so many ....

Old    marina            04-19-2004, 8:37 PM Reply   
oh no, not the bears teri...no more BEARS!!! there were none at the camp site, except for the one chasing you in your sleep. btw, sorry again for kicking you in my sleep...
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-19-2004, 9:53 PM Reply   
teri- yeah see i WAS gonna give marina crap for pussing out and leaving early (yes she did call me on her way home haha oh the stories!!), then i scrolled farther down to see you in a DRYSUIT!!!! WTF!!!

marina- i hope you kicked her hard
Old    jetgofish            04-19-2004, 10:03 PM Reply   
Scotta .....didn't feel her kick me but the dry suit turned into a wetty as I sprung a leak, it really wasn't needed but I got chased by a bear and needed the extra warmth!
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-20-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
Was a fun trip even though the weather sucked. I'd like to head up there again in the next few weeks when we know the weather will be better.
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-20-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
What do you peeps think about memorial weekend at bullards bar? Me and Mark were thinking that may be the place to go.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-20-2004, 11:56 AM Reply   
I'll be there. I reserved my campsite over this past weekend. They are filling up fast though.
Old    jetgofish            04-20-2004, 10:08 PM Reply   
Don - You tell me what site and I'm in....I'll see what the others are up too!

Pure here is what the Bears did

Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-21-2004, 7:36 AM Reply   
Is that the quarter panel on the Suburban??? You gotta be kidding me. Were you storing your food in the car?
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-21-2004, 11:32 AM Reply   
You should have seen what the Bear did to my X-Star!! Boat and trailer need: 90 hours of gel and glass work, two axels, four rims, all trailer under carraige parts (springs, brakes, etc.), fuel assembly, rub rails, decals, racks, etc., etc. Will find out by Friday if they are going to call it a total loss or not. If so, you can call me Mr. Pickle Fork. I hope they don't becuase there is a huge difference between what my insurance will pay and the price of that funky looking wakeboard boat.

On a side note, the Burb is being fixed by one of WakeWorld's own, Harold. He's the guy who Grant is redoing the stereo in his SAN with 7 Blue Tops for power (see other thread).
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-21-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
does this bear go by the name of Freightliner or Peterbuilt?

good to know that you guys are alright though.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-21-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
Alright, what happened here? Did you guys get into an accident?
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-21-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
pureliquid they said it was a bear!!
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-21-2004, 12:51 PM Reply   
Gotcha. That was one pissed off bear!
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-21-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
Come on, don't you know Happy Bears come from California? Wait a minute, that might be some other animal.

On a good note, if it's not a total loss, Memorial Day just might be doable in terms of return date for the X. Just got off the phone with them.
Old    jetgofish            04-21-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   

I think Happiness comes from the cows, but don't see why it couldn't come from the bears ...

Pure - a 2 hour drive turned into a 7 hour drive and minus a boat! Damn, those Peterbuilt bears...

Matt - "So ah, what happened?"

(Message edited by jetgofish on April 21, 2004)
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-21-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
Yeah? Matt Im guessing about 20k in damage? My question would be, Do you want to keep a boat that had that much damage done to it? Something to think about!
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-21-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
Don, I love my X-Star. I'm very confident they can make it good as new. From the looks, I think all the damage is cosmetic. No major structural issues. Once they re-gel, you can't tell. It's as good as new. Plus, the Gel Guy at Ski World (Liquid Wrenches) is one of the best in the industry.

Back to the new boat comment, I'd hate to start over with a new one. Takes too long just to work all the little bugs out. Plus, although it's no Grant or Harold system, I freaking love the system in my boat. Would hate to have to redo that. I guess most importantly, I freaking dig the shape of my wake. Even without ballast. Plus, it's really easy to keep clean. It's all good. Ski World is going to come through. Like always.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-21-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
Hopefully the bear had insurance!
Old    norcal_99            04-21-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
Teri, Are you sure that pic of Shane is a backroll? It looks more like a Tantrum.

Matt, Sorry to hear about the incident. Hope everything works out. Do you have pics of the damage to the boat?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-21-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
I don't get it. Did you hit the bear while driving? I need the whole story here.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-21-2004, 2:36 PM Reply   
Tantrum for sure.
Old     (brianl)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-21-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
Yes, story and more pics please. BB has tons of bears, the first time I was there, a ranger had to put one down in the campground at night.
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-21-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
Matt, I will keep my fingers crossed for ya then. I understand the love for your boat. Mines kinda new to me so were not that attached yet. im reserving a spot at bullards for memorial weekend. So Teri get going, see whats up with others. We will have like 6 or 10 peeps.
Old    jetgofish            04-21-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
Rene - J-Rod my mistake that is indeed a Tantrum.

Okay truth be told about the BEAR. Matt and I took off from Disco with X-Star in tow, when 4 minutes after getting on I-5 a big rig drifted into our lane and hit the rear fender on the truck and the starboard side of the boat. Took the fender pretty much off the trailer, banged up the rims, tweaked the lower Nvert rack, and cracked the gel coat on the cap of the boat. We also lost a tie down. All in all we are pretty lucky that no one was hurt!

Once we received the police report and exchanged info we headed to Liqued Wrenches to drop of the boat and then to Bullards. 7 hours later and a little shaken we arrived. We saw no bears, only signs of them and we did have an excellent time dispite the cold and the rain! Alls good. Memorial weekend will be 100x's better.

Pure - what sites are you in for Memorial?

Don - I'll talk to a few people tonight about Bullards.

J-Rod - We have a mutual friend going to New Hogans - Josh Banta's sister! Any how look forward to seeing every one.

Pure do me a favor - Tear up Bullards this weekend!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-21-2004, 3:43 PM Reply   
Oh yeah. I work with Josh's sister. See you at Hogan's.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-21-2004, 4:19 PM Reply   
Teri - I reserved my site at Garden Point. Hopefully there are sites still available. I would like to meet up with you guys.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-22-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
Glad everyone is okay, that sucks to have things out of commission for awhile. Perhaps this bear was responsible...
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-22-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
Just for your info we never saw any bears. lol
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-22-2004, 12:43 PM Reply   
Don - That's good to hear. Are we going to get this Memorial Day Party going or What???

Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-22-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
I tried to book a spot and they are all filled up? So not sure what to do now? She said to check back now and then to see if anything opens up.
Old    jetgofish            04-23-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
Holy cow MARINA that's that bear that chases me in my sleep!

Don, so there is no sites available? Shoot! Um, not sure what to do now either. I'd some come on down to the Delta, but I'd like to get away too! Hmmm, Bullards would be great! Lets think about this for a bit, I have some other people that want to go camping to!
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       04-23-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
We camp on the island. No bears there! BTW: That bear is HUGE!
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-27-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
Got the Burb back yesterday. Aaron's body shop (in Hayward) did an outstanding job. Looks better than new. Repairs took less than a week.

Fixed Burb

Thanks Harold!
Old     (millah)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-28-2004, 2:04 PM Reply   
Damm! They did a great job and fast too! Whats going on with the X-Star?
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-28-2004, 3:30 PM Reply   
X-Star estimate came in at $14,000. I'm getting tooled on the trailer repair costs. Guess my trailer was underinsured. Max they pay on the trailer is $2,500 and it's over $4,000 to fix. That's my bad. I remember them asking me how much the trailer was worth when I originally bought the insurance. Total out of pocket for this little mishap is going to be between 4-5K for me (that does not include increased premiums). They swear the boat will be better than new and that I'll get it back by Mem Day. Costs are up because I'm having them fix a few other things that I wouldn't have otherwise fixed. Again, the only thing that matters is that no one was hurt.

Again, Aaron's Body Shop in Hayward Kicked Arse on the repair. My truck has never looked so good!