Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (fleming)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-11-2011, 5:35 PM Reply   
Check out the new Harley video I found on SBCwakeboard.com. it's insane. Crow 7, wake to wake 10. insane.

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-11-2011, 8:17 PM Reply   
he doesn't make sense.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-11-2011, 9:20 PM Reply   
man I love his riding...... especially the blind pete and KGB 5. I'm still really into his set from the wake vid "on the line" too.
Old     (mckenna)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-11-2011, 11:05 PM Reply   
this has got to be the best online vid i have seen. ripping!
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-12-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
someone needs to tell this kid to chill out...

absolutely incredible video
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-12-2011, 3:24 PM Reply   
Man he is soooooooooooooooooo insane!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-12-2011, 3:30 PM Reply   
Very legit Tantrum to BS 3 in there too!
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-12-2011, 7:20 PM Reply   
The most important thing to take from this video is the Double S-Bend and the 10 off the kicker. Harley knows where the sport is going and with how sick the riders are getting, he already has a lot of catching up to do.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-12-2011, 8:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
The most important thing to take from this video is the Double S-Bend and the 10 off the kicker. Harley knows where the sport is going and with how sick the riders are getting, he already has a lot of catching up to do.
Both disciplines are important (boat & cable) and are huge right now. Sure you can enter contests for both disciplines but my bet is Harley will focus on the King of Wake and PWT this year as opposed to the Wake Park Series. I'm more impressed with his switch heel 9's, whirleydicks, switch whirley 5, other mobe 5's which will set him at the top of the food chain in the boat discipline. Not to start a pissing match but to say the most important thing about his riding is the cable stuff is off in my opinion when I suspect he'll be focusing more on the boat discipline this year once again.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-12-2011, 9:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
"the most important thing to take from this video"

ugghhhh..... right, funny joke
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-12-2011, 11:17 PM Reply   
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHBOY. That was a hammerfest... jeez.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-13-2011, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beretta5spd View Post
Both disciplines are important (boat & cable) and are huge right now. Sure you can enter contests for both disciplines but my bet is Harley will focus on the King of Wake and PWT this year as opposed to the Wake Park Series. I'm more impressed with his switch heel 9's, whirleydicks, switch whirley 5, other mobe 5's which will set him at the top of the food chain in the boat discipline. Not to start a pissing match but to say the most important thing about his riding is the cable stuff is off in my opinion when I suspect he'll be focusing more on the boat discipline this year once again.
He can't compete in the Wake Park WORLD Series yet, doesn't have the flats tricks so yes, he will be riding the KOW and PWT this year. Operative word is WORLD. Wakeboarding doesn't have a world tour, like surfing does, and now it does. It is one of the reasons surfing is so much more popular than wakeboarding because the pros go all around the world and do their things. 1st stop is in Winnipeg which is going to have amazing obstacles. 2nd stop at the Protest park which had mind blowing obstacles 3rd stop Hamburg Germany at that crazy Telekom Park, and the 4th and final stop is still undecided, I'm guessing TWP or CWC or one of the Australian cables will get it to get full diversity. It would be super sick though if OWC, McCormicks or Texas got it. McCormicks got the 2nd stop of the Monster Triple Crown which is AWESOME but probably will not give them a shot at the World Series final.
Old     (alevitt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-13-2011, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Operative word is WORLD. Wakeboarding doesn't have a world tour, like surfing does, and now it does. It is one of the reasons surfing is so much more popular than wakeboarding because the pros go all around the world and do their things.
Uh, the WWA World Series (wakeboard version) has been around for at least 7 years. While it may not be a global series like the the ASP's WCT, it's had stops in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. For whatever reason, Harley chose to focus on the PWT and KOW last year and opt out of the World Series.
And surfing is bigger than wakeboarding for about a million other reasons than this. Mainly because surfing has been around 30 times longer than wakeboarding and it's way cheaper.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-14-2011, 2:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
he already has a lot of catching up to do.
I get the whole "he's not the best cable rider in the world thing", but I really don't know how you can say this after watching that video. Harley's boat riding is light years beyond anyone else in the world. You can't name anyone in the cable game that is as good as he is comparatively...
Old     (Lakemiltonwake)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-14-2011, 3:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Perhaps I'm getting to be the minority around here, But quotes like these are the reason that the cable scene is really starting to annoy me. If anything cable should be trying to unify the sport, becoming more available to more people. But instead it seems guys are really trying to divide it and push it another way.

Last edited by Lakemiltonwake; 03-14-2011 at 3:34 PM.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-14-2011, 3:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakemiltonwake View Post
Perhaps I'm getting to be the minority around here, But quotes like these are the reason that the cable scene is really starting to annoy me. If anything cable should be trying to unify the sport, becoming more available to more people. But instead it seems guys are really trying to divide it and push it another way.
This guy needs an award. Well said.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-14-2011, 4:15 PM Reply   
Who really cares if Harley hasn’t mastered cable, he’s only 17 give the kid some credit lol. His riding is comparable to Park's back in the 90's in how far ahead he is of everyone else.
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-14-2011, 5:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_vilfo View Post
His riding is comparable to Park's back in the 90's in how far ahead he is of everyone else.
Been making that same point here lately to some people... I really think he's surpassed the bar that Parks set back in the day.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-14-2011, 7:48 PM Reply   
Unreal! This kid is amazing. Great vid thanks for posting. Get's me pumped to ride for sure.
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-14-2011, 10:18 PM Reply   
AL and captain. thats a big claim but i gotta say I agree with you. For a lot of people, Parks was huge just as they were getting into riding or before so they dont have that perspective. The first year that I starting riding seriously was 2006, just as his knee was infected. I really didn't see anything before that until i went back and watched a bunch a couple years later. so sick, both of em.
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-14-2011, 10:28 PM Reply   
dude i just went back and watched again, notice like 4 tricks i didn't the first time at work. I think I agree with Luker on this. I want to ride.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-14-2011, 10:48 PM Reply   
Quote:

one more thing " lot of catching up to do".

i bet if harley got serious on the cable for 4 months he could be at the top there also.... just saying
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-15-2011, 5:02 AM Reply   
Does anyone else remember the 30 second blurb of this tiny little bleach blond kid doing a couple of mobes and stuff in the Truth? I never would have guessed that he would grow up to be the best boat rider in the world...
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-15-2011, 6:39 AM Reply   
best set I have ever seen in my life.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-15-2011, 8:27 AM Reply   
Nick,

I went back and watched that section this morning. I thought the same thing.
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-15-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
I remember that section and have been thinking about it whenever i see a new video of him now. when we first watched it years ago my friend said "who would name their daughter Harley?" I said "I think thats a dude" Hahahaha!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-15-2011, 8:03 PM Reply   
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewto...57c7ad419a3a21

Hahahaha, second poster couldn't have been more right. Stumbled across that thread while looking for video of a moby dick 540...