Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-24-2007, 9:00 PM Reply   
Which board has more pop, the Parks or Premier?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-24-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
depends on the rider.

a fundamentally correct rider riding a parks vs. a rider that is lacking fundamentals on a premier, the parks wins.

a fundamentally correct rider riding a premier vs. a rider that is lacking fundamentals on a parks, the premier wins.
Old     (bwog21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-24-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
riden both, if you have any control the parks has more pop and also more speed, dont get me wrong the premier is a good board but its just to slow for me and messes up my timing, the parks is hard to control though
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-24-2007, 9:10 PM Reply   
The parks has great pop but its sort of unpredictable. the premeir has a little less pop but is a little more predictable. The parks is a little faster too. its all rider preference
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-24-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
predictability isn't found in boards.
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-24-2007, 9:17 PM Reply   
What exactly do you mean by predictability?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-24-2007, 9:24 PM Reply   
He means its the rider, not the board.
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-24-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
But, is it unpredictable as in the pop? If so does that mean it doesn't give the same amount of pop each time?
Old    alanp            04-24-2007, 10:43 PM Reply   
a person who lacks fundamentals will have more difficulty getting the parks to pop consistently than they will with the premier since the rocker is so abrupt on the parks. heres the deal though mike, if youre asking these questions then my guess is you MAY look for a less advanced board. kinda like whipping a motocross bike. if you need to ask how to do it, youre probably not ready for it. im not trying to sound harsh btw. i just see a lot of beginning riders that dont get the pop they want and they think it is the board that is holding them back when its probably something they are doing incorrect with their riding.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-25-2007, 6:55 AM Reply   
Joe - I see you saying that predictability isn't found in boards alot. I agree to an extent, but on the other hand some boards have a much wider "sweet-spot" than others (i.e. your fundamentals don't have to be perfect to get good performance out of the board), making them "feel" more predictable to many riders.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
agreed. A big rocker board with accentuate weaknesses.

If you want a great pro model board, check out the Platinum Transcend. It has a HUGE pop from a continuous rocker, and its forgiving and fast.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-25-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
I thought the transcend was a subtle 3 stage?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
My bad. It is "subtle 3 stage"
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-25-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
I was going to demo the transcend tomorrow,J what size?? the 138 or the bigger one?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
you should probably ride them both. I always rode 140+, but the 138 has great speed for a smaller board. It's also super light and snappy.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-25-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
you're no help.

yeah that's what I was thinking just wanted your opinion!
Old     (bulletlines)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-25-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
I have been riding abrupt 3 stage rocker boards for 5 years now. I've been wakeboarding for over 10 years. My first 3 stage was the Byerly, and I've never gone back to a continous rocker since. I can say my first 5 - 10 rides on the Byerly was just a learning experience; I was getting bucked everywhere; what made it worse is that I have a very very aggresive cut into the wake. When I switched to the parks I can honestly say the learning curve was not as long, maybe like 3 rides, but I still remember that there was some getting use to on the Parks.

Last summer I accidently nosed my Parks into the wake with a very aggresive edge, and bam, I was flying higher than I have ever have. I don't really understand the physics of whats happening, and I have never heard anyone talk about it in instructional videos or here on Wakeworld. Have I found a hush hush secret of big air that the pros keep to themselves. I can't imagine I'm the first to figure this out.

Ken Land
Bullet Lines
www.bulletlines.com
www.wakeboarding-winch.com
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2007, 3:16 PM Reply   
You're patient! If I had two bad sets in a row on a new board, it would be GONE! If I kill it the first time I ride it, then I keep it.