Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    outrage            07-08-2004, 4:33 PM Reply   
I just started wakeboarding and am able to get up and control myself right now. I am using my friend AirProfile 143cm board and it has some crappy bindings on it. I found a place where I can get a Hydroslide Carbon 12 for really cheap and i was wondering if it was worth it. Also I am 5'10" and 155lbs, the board is 138cm long. I know that is probably fine for me but my little sister is 5'1" and probably 75-80lbs, will she be able to use it too. So basically

1. Is it a decent board and worth buying?
2. Is it a good size for me?
3. Will my little sis be ok on it?

Thanks for your time

-=OUTRAGE=-
Old    byerly137pro            07-08-2004, 5:20 PM Reply   
That board will be fine for you, but your sister on the other hand will have trouble turning and controlling such a large board, with a difference of 9" and about 75 lbs its definetly not a good idea to be sharing. About the board I'm not sure, but I've never heard of Hydroslide. Hope this guides you in the right direction, but what ever you do just make sure you and sister enjoy yourselves on the water.
Old    outrage            07-08-2004, 5:43 PM Reply   
Thanks, i most likely go ahead and buy it if no one here objects
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-08-2004, 5:46 PM Reply   
I don't know too much about Hydroslide, except that they are not a "mainstream" manufacturer of boards. They do various watersports equipment, and from what I remember, their wakeboards are sold at Wal-mart. I'm not recommending that you go buy a new Hyperlite Parks or anything, just realize that the Hydroslide may not be the best board, though it will probably be the cheapest.

Just my opinion.
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       07-08-2004, 6:42 PM Reply   
Henry, here's what I suggest. Tell us what your budget is and there are a bunch of people here that will tell you what the most bang for you buck is. But I do agree with those that say that board is too big for your sister.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       07-08-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
not to scare anyone, but a family at the marina i keep my boat at had their son's face get cut up pretty bad from using a low-end walmart board. the story is that a binding ripped out & the board came up and cut him from his orbital bone to his chin. just be carefull. i'm sure the dad wanted to make sure his son liked the sport before slapping down @ $400 for a decent setup, but hind sight is always 20/20. i would look for a used reputable board. hyperlite, liquid force, double up, obrien, & cwb.
Old    outrage            07-09-2004, 12:46 PM Reply   
Ok I understand, I would really appreciate the help, here are some guidelines:

1. Price- Most of my money goes towards my boat so I need it really cheap, like under 200 or 250.
2. Right size for a 5'10'' 155lbs man and able to be used by my 5'1'' 93(lol i though she was 75)lbs sister
3. A package deal with bindings, board and fins (because I am a nOOb )

Thanks please help me

Also here is the link to where I was getting the carbon 12 board
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23808&item=3686714 276&rd=1
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-09-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
thanks i will be there at the last second to outbid you on that SWEET HYDROSLIDE board that I always wanted!
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       07-09-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
Is anyone else getting sick of Mango?

Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-09-2004, 12:58 PM Reply   
Tim- who the hell are you? If you don't like my Hot Reef Pics and silly antics then check out wakeboarder.com
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-09-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
Dude, check out the CWB Sol...it's one of the best values out there period. $279 at Overtons.

Old    dante            07-09-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
You might check out West Marine, , etc. to see if they have any clearence boards (usually not listed on-line). I picked up a 2002 CWB Ecstacy with 2003 CWB Comp L-XXL bindings for $125 at West Marine about a month ago (well into wakeboarding season for around here). Comps aren't the best bindings but they are a lot better than the reviews I've seen here indicate (and better than the Hydroslide bindings I've seen). The board is also a lot better than my old O'Brien Banshee.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-09-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
You would be better off with the CWB Sol w/Torq Bindings or the more expensive Boss Bindings. Great entry level board at a sweet price!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-09-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
That's a smoking deal you got, Dante. Definately check that out as well!
Old    crowe            07-09-2004, 1:06 PM Reply   
Mango, keep at it!!!!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-09-2004, 1:08 PM Reply   
Yeah Mang, that was a little uncalled for. I understand you were messing around, but not the place for it.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-09-2004, 1:11 PM Reply   
It's just stupid when people post e-bay links.
Old    outrage            07-09-2004, 4:05 PM Reply   
is 279 the best price i can get on that sol and will my sister be ok on it
Old    shareejeremy            07-09-2004, 4:36 PM Reply   
Why exactly is it stupid, mango, when people post ebay links?
Please enlighten us.
They guy was just looking for some help.
Old    outrage            07-09-2004, 4:49 PM Reply   
i dont really care about what he thinks of ebay, i just want help with chosing a wakeboard
Old    jayreese            07-09-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
Outrage,
If you have a local boardshop sometimes they have demo boards that they sell for half the price of the new board. It might not be this years model but usually the only difference is the graphics. Just a thought.
Old    shareejeremy            07-09-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
Outrage,
I have bought 2 boards from ebay, but I relied heavily on Wakeworld's reviews to pick which ones. It all depends on what kind of rider you are and what it is you are looking for.
Old    jayreese            07-09-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
sorry Dante,
I read right past your post
Old    outrage            07-09-2004, 7:03 PM Reply   
what do u think of getting a CWB sol from Ebay for under 200 bucks, also is it ridable for my little sis (5'1" 93lbs.)?
Old     (gronder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-10-2004, 5:18 AM Reply   
Ok hy, im new here. Got a question and i dont want to open a new thred. Im buying a new bord(my firs bord). Here in slovenia its realy hard to get it. I found a shop that has 2003 Hyperlite Premier 140, for araund 500 USD, and 2003 Hyperlite Motive 134 for around 450 USD. So I think this is a little expensive for a beginer. Oh and dont forget the bindings that are 2004 Hyperlite High Back and Byerly, both for aroun 450 USD. But they have an O`Brien Ambush 143 with bindings Hidroslide Chaser for a little less than 300USD. And i wonder is ok for me? Im around 170lbs and 186cm high. I newer try to wakebord befor, but been snowboarding for round 7 years, and waterskiing for around 3 years. So i think i wount have trobles with basics. Does anyone have any expirience with it? Im thinking of buying it, but there is one more problem, i checked bord on this page, but none of the models here looked the same as the one he was selling. Is it possible, that he has a fake? The hyperlite bords are the same as here. Is the hyperlite realy that much better, is it worth of paing so much money.
Tnx for all advices
ps. sorry for my bad englisch
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-10-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
jaka, you should look into seeing how much shipping a board/bindings would cost from the united states, i bet you would save money by buying a used setup from someone here and having it shipped to you in slovenia, those are pretty steep prices for last year's boards
Old     (gronder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-10-2004, 5:45 PM Reply   
Where can i find used setup? And how can i know that board/bindings are ok, that they are not broken or something?
Old     (gronder)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-11-2004, 3:47 AM Reply   
Sorry for beeing so annoying. But I have got another question. I found an online Sloven shop. Tthey dont have much choice, they only have packages(borad and bindings together):
Wakeboard Jobe Fathom 141 + Boots Response(577,85 USD)
Wakeboard Jobe Moai 141 + Boots Response(478,54 USD)
Wakeboard Jobe Axis 139 + Boots Response(508,63 USD)
Wakeboard Blindside Session 142 + Judge Boots(689,21 USD)
Wakeboard Blindside Stingray 137 + Judge Boots(689,21 USD)
Is anythink worth buying? Stingary looks realy great, but the problem is I could be too big for it.
Tnx for all coments