Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                05-10-2003, 6:35 PM Reply   
i know all the basics; tantrum h/s backkroll 360 t/s front flip. what are the next tricks i should learn... i just need some direction what to try out next... if any one has any suggestions on what to try out, i would appreciate it. tips wouldnt hurt neither. thanks/////// phill
Old                05-11-2003, 1:42 AM Reply   
whyrly maybe?!
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-11-2003, 5:58 AM Reply   
Hey there, is that a ts frontroll or true frontflip? A frontroll is edge over edge, a frontflip is a bit more tricky, as it is tip over tail. If you have a ts frontroll, then a scarecrow would be cake for you. Ride up to the wake on the same edge as a frontroll, sorta "trip" over the wake, letting your board fly up over you just like a frontroll. When you have left the wake, push your back shoulder down and try to lick the back of your neck. (I know, kinda wierd, but you have to really turn your head to spot the water). Pull the handle to your back hip and look for water, once you spot the water, finish the rotation and land. Oh yeah, smile.
Also work on doing blind tricks. Try some blind 180s. In my opinion a smooth, stalled out grabbed blind 180 or 360 looks awesome.
Or you can always try to do the same stuff switch. Lots of people don't consider a trick "learned" unless you can do it regular and switch.
Later
Tiffanator
www.wakechicks.com
Old                05-11-2003, 5:36 PM Reply   
thanks... ladyboarder, yeah its a t/s frontroll, front flips a lil tricky.i just learned the front roll so i dont think im ready for the scarecrow but after i get it better ill deinatly try it... does any one else have any next step trick for me?
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-12-2003, 3:30 PM Reply   
Brent,
The Tiffinator is right. Go for a scarecrow. I think scarecrows are way easier to land than front rolls. They are just a bit tricky to visualise at first. I would offer a slight variation to the Tiffinator's advice though. Take off like you would a front roll, but put your chin toward your leading armpit, instead of in your chest, like you would on a front roll. As you come out of the flip, look at the boat and pull the handle in with both hands. Also, try hs front flips and learn all your basics switch. Good luck.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-12-2003, 4:14 PM Reply   
BS 180! TS and HS. Can you do your 3s hs and ts? Or TS backroll?