Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-18-2012, 6:34 PM Reply   
Ok, just got boat (will post pictures Saturday)...got some questions. Is there a trick to the tower fold down? This thing is heavy for one person. Maybe not heavy but cumbersome. Maybe I did it wrong but popping the top off the tower mounts then folding it down to hit the seat isn't my idea of genius. Again maybe there is a trick to it and I need to learn it.

2nd...do you all tow with the wind dam in place and the bow filler in place or take both out to tow? (never had either in any boat)

3rd.. Where do you store the bimini top? I saw and read another thread on this and just wondering best solution. To me it is under the tower hanging from the tower but then the MB LOGO is facing backwards...which is fine really. Just doesn't seem to fit right above...??

4th...weighting....open can of worms here and I have posted before on this...but how much should I expect to pay to get a 750 in the surf locker plumbed in? Also do I need weight in the bow? I hate the thought of spending more money on bags but...if the surf wave needs it then well....money spent..

Thanks guys...fit and finish is amazing compared to what I came from and I have seen the wake but didn't ride it and it looked really nice. Haven't seen the surf wave but have read it is really good from others. oh and if you haven't seen the other thread about my rip its out there.. Yeah dumb ass award go to ME tonight!!
Old     (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-18-2012, 9:16 PM Reply   
Which MB do you have? If it's a 21', your tower will end up sitting just fine on the back deck. If you have the 23', things are a little trickier. You will end up with your tower light sitting right on the upper back edge of the rear seat. We just put a big foam pad there so the tower rests nicely on the pad without digging in to the seat. Do you have speakers on your tower? If you do, the tower is definitely a learned process, but without speakers you can raise and lower the tower, just like they show on the MB website, in the video. It really is that easy.

We do tow for short distances with the bow filler, and the wind dam in place, and no cover. If we're going long distances, we'll just put the cover on, and still leave the filler, and dam in place.

We also "hang" the bimini from the underside of the tower, but we do take it off if we're going long distances at freeway speeds.

Don't want to get involved in the weighting issues. Everyone has their own recipe. I'd say the many ideas on the other threads are a great start.

Enjoy the boat. They're fantastic.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-19-2012, 4:32 AM Reply   
Have a 21' but it does have speakers....it doesn't rest on the deck it seems to rest on the edge of the seat. I guess I need to find something like a foam piece to protect it. Thinking about just raising my garage door in my barn a foot. (it misses fitting by 2"...uggg)

Thanks for the info B...

Scott
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-19-2012, 5:27 AM Reply   
I rest the tower speakers on throw cushions , also keep the bimini up but if you take the boot off and put it on backwards you can swing it around and rest it above the tower and strap it down, gives you more head room. As long as the bimini is zipped up in the boot you are good to tow at high speeds. Kody was right about the Q compared to what went to CA, eh ?
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-19-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottR View Post
Have a 21' but it does have speakers....it doesn't rest on the deck it seems to rest on the edge of the seat. I guess I need to find something like a foam piece to protect it. Thinking about just raising my garage door in my barn a foot. (it misses fitting by 2"...uggg)

Thanks for the info B...

Scott
If you need a couple more inches, open the engine hatch, lower the tower down into the hatch(put towels on the hatch arms), then lower the hatch down onto the tower. This is what I have to do. I also have to lower the tire pressure to clear my garage door.