Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-04-2012, 7:29 AM Reply   
I wanted to post a few pics of my boss's new Epic 232 Electric Sport boat, to show where technology could be moving in the future? It's an I/O so no wakesurfing behind this boat...but it's still pretty cool!

The boat has 160 batteries on it, and weighs over 6000 lbs - they sent him an Epic dune buggy with the new boat, since it was delayed several months! The starter battery was dead (go figure!!) so I had to go help him charge it, then we went out for a quick cruise.

It's SUPER strange being on a boat that is "On" and not making a sound. And when you put it in gear, the only sound you hear is the whirr of the prop and the water rushing by. We hit 35mph no problem (he said it goes 45!), which is faster than some wakeboard boats! We then took it back in and put it back on the charger...it's shipping back to TX next week for some work/testing over the off-season.

Not sure we'll be seeing electric boats go mainstream anytime soon (these boats are NOT cheap, and this is the only one in the US!)...makes a Nautique G25 seem affordable!

Had to post a pic of the dune buggy too...we hit 50mph on his street!
Attached Images

Last edited by ReSession; 09-04-2012 at 7:32 AM. Reason: added pic of dune buggy