Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old    wissota            06-29-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
I wired a 13 pin din to my XMD-1 as shown in archieved thread dated 6-21 & it works fine, however; I get a lot of static & have to jack the volume. Can someone help me out here. Is there a filter I can put in line or is something wired wrong?
Thanks!!!!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-29-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
Shouldn't get any static. Get a line out for the IPOD so you don't use the built in headphone amp. There is a setting in the XMD-1 setup for low/med/high input sensitivity, set it to high (I believe the XMD1 has it, I know the XMD3 does). It's in the setup menu of the deck, a little tricky to get to.
Old    wissota            06-30-2006, 9:57 AM Reply   
I,m actually using a I-river mp3. It doesn,t have a line out; only the headphone jack But i will try to access the sensitivety level.
Thanks mike
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-30-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
Do you have to hit any buttons on the xmd1 to make it work with that connector(get it into the cd changer mode)? Or does it automatically switch to the changer mode when the switch on the connector is flipped. I cannot get my connector to work.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-30-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Pins 5 & 9 have to be combined to get the XMD1 to reconize the connector. Here's how to do it.

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1696
Old    wissota            06-30-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
I wired everything like the diagram. When I close pins 9 & 5 it goes into the Accs. mode & I hear the music. It just has a lot of static/noise. Could it be the cheap RCA connectors?
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-30-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
Mine works ok, no static however the input voltage is not high enough without a line driver of some sort. You should be able to hear it but it will not be loud enough without one. Sounds like a connection problem with the input cable (din plug). They are very tiny wires make sure that it is connected properly.

Does the XMD-1 have a setting for the input sensitivity? That would really help out in a lot of the situations. I use my XM as an input and you can boost the output on the XM to get it loud enough without a line driver.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-30-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
My voltage appears low as well. I'm not sure if the XMD has an input sensitivity but will check tomorrow.
Old     (badzuki)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-01-2006, 7:22 AM Reply   
Ya I have tried bypassing the switch and just shorting pins 5 and 9. Still doesn't work.

So there is nothing on the xmd1 that you have to press to get it into acc mode. I need to get a connector that has the wires soldered already. My soldering capabilities are not good
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-01-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
No, just shorting those pins together gets it into the ACC mode. The display on the tuner should show ACC.
Old    wissota            07-04-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
If you have the DIN plug described, just pull out the individual pins from the connector (with needlenose pliers); it's the only way to get the solder on the individual pins. Otherwise the pins are too close & you will get solder on other pins.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-05-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
I have an XMD-2 and do not seem to have a place to connect a 13 pin connector, do I have to get a splitter and go through the 6 pin remote or am I screwed orrrrr???