Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-23-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
I have a couple questions for the Fort meyers area FYI we are staying in Estero Florida April 15th - 19th

1. How is the Revolution Cable Park? anyone ride there?

2.) Wakeboard schools in the area?

3.) Any Kiteboarding schools?

4.) Can i rent Surfboards and what is the best place to Surf in Fort Myers - Naples area?

5.) If you have room on your wakeboard boat for some Michigan peeps to come hang out and ride let me know if a cost is associated, we would expect nothing less. Boats dont run on thanks
Old     (stephisto47)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-23-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
Well, I can only answer your first question. Revolution is fun. Send me a PM the day before you want to go and a few of my friends and myself will head out and shred with you guys.
Old     (srozema)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-23-2010, 12:18 PM Reply   
Hey Spearing,

Every year at Easter growing up we took a family trip to Fort Myers. I've never seen waves big enough to surf or anyone surfing for that matter. But if you find yourself hanging at the beach you should try skim boarding. You are just determined to become a "cable rat" aren't you?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-23-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
The Fort Myers revo cable is great. Plenty of affordable fun. Highly recommended.

Schools would be Dustin Beaty in Marco. Two boats and first class instruction and gear. I think he charges for the boat per hour. Not per person or lesson. Great for couples and families.

I'll dig up a link later.

My boat has room in Marco, Usually ride three days a week with the boys (small) and need a driver so I can ride.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-23-2010, 6:39 PM Reply   
Dustin in Marco and I think the Quary in N Naples.

http://www.waterskimarcoisland.com/
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
My wife's parents had a winter house in The Vines (near Estero) in Ft. Myers. Like Scott said, you probably won't be able to do any surfing, I have never seen any waves suitable to surf. Maybe if you wait until a hurricane is blowing through.

There is quite a bit of kiteboarding. We would drive to Sanibel and see quite a few people kiteboarding, but not sure of the schools. Revolution is a great park.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-24-2010, 6:29 AM Reply   
Thanks for the Info people.

Steph i will send a PM thanks.

Baitkiller i will send a friend invite to keep in touch.

Scott - I have been to almost every cable in the USA but they keep popping up faster than I can vacation now lol. when is the Bue going in?
Old     (joshwrighttexas)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-24-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
Revolution Cable is the place to be. Dustin is about the only option as far as boat, which I believe is around 150 an hour which is not bad but the cable is the way to go for sure. The water is up which is good and both A frames and kickers are in ready to be hit up. Water temp today is 72 and warming up. Look forward to seeing you guys at the park. Check the website daily for a fresh pic and water temp changes via our Twitter on the left of the home page www.revolutioncable.com There are a few kiteboards schools in the area, in Naples I reccomend Wind Stalkers www.swfloridakiteboarding.com talk to Enrique 239-601-2700 or if you are in Ft Myers beach Sanibel area Kellen from Ace Performer is the man to talt to. Hope this helps
Old     (joshwrighttexas)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-24-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
oh yea aceperformer dot com for Ft myers beach Sanibel area kiteboarding
Old     (ryoder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-24-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
hey i have a place on sanibel and you definitely need to check out the sanibel causeway on a weekend for kiteboarding.. as the water warms up it will be packed with guys parked along the side kiteboarding.. they are usually super approachable and will go out of their way to help you! as for the wakeboarding scene i am not too sure about any boats in the area.. i am only down there about once an month, but if you find some riders let me know because i have been itching to get a set in down there! i will be on sanibel easter weekend! so hopefully i will find some people, if not i might hit up revolution!
Old     (srozema)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-26-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
Here's a recent video of the Revolution Cable Park.

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/ear...ng-revolution/

If everything goes as planned I'm putting it in on Good Friday, April 2nd. I have the day off.