Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-25-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
I checked with a few people and on some websites and came up with prices ranging from $500 to $800 for a tower mounted bimini. Just looking for a few opinions on what I should spend. Thanks
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-25-2003, 10:26 AM Reply   
Where do you live?

If you live near San Jose, Ca then I would recommend a local shop, otherwise shipping would really cost you.
Old    oldschool            06-25-2003, 11:07 AM Reply   
www.johnsonbimini.com SHould be around 400-450.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-25-2003, 11:30 AM Reply   
We just took delivery on our SANTE on friday, The dealer recommended one from Towerbiminis.com. It is awesome. It's way bigger than the one on our old mastercraft, it's really solid, and mounts using clamps like a boss bimini so no drilling, we got ours with black poles to match the tower.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-25-2003, 11:36 AM Reply   
towerbiminies is the main one i'm looking at, but there price is quite high. How mutch did you pay?
Old    whitechocolate            06-25-2003, 1:20 PM Reply   
http://svtsupercharged.com/gallery/album03

Towerbiminis.com They are the shizzz,niz. There are a few options you have to chose from to make the Bimini more or less expencieve depending on what options your looking for
Old    beth            06-25-2003, 4:10 PM Reply   
I just ordered an all black binimi from towerbiminis.com. Grant, they beter be all that for the bling i had to shell out.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-25-2003, 4:14 PM Reply   
Dam I hate it when I post under my wife's name.
Old    whitechocolate            06-25-2003, 4:47 PM Reply   
Mat, Im sure you will be happy with your purchace. IMO they are the best Bimini's.
By they way "Bling" is not $$$$money$$$$$. Scripple or Scratch, is the word your looking fo.

Yours truly
E-bonics Proffessor (Carlmont High School)
G-Money
Old    egress            06-25-2003, 6:31 PM Reply   
You boys need to do your homework...
Start studying:

http://www.rapdict.org/
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-26-2003, 12:01 PM Reply   
Grant, where do you get that mesh wire loom for all your projects?
Old    whitechocolate            06-26-2003, 12:14 PM Reply   
San Mateo Electronics.
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-26-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
Is that an online store? Who makes the stuff?
Old    turtle            06-26-2003, 4:38 PM Reply   
www.johnsonbimini.com go with Old School on this, I love mine! its on a MC but it is very nice!
Old     (tjhooker)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2003, 6:42 PM Reply   
I just bought a bimini from Adlee Covers Boats for my '99 Supra Launch. I compared their prices to Johnson Bimini & Tower Biminis and they came out $100 less for the same custom bimini. They shipped it to me and I installed it yesterday and it was a perfect fit. Also they have a 1-2 week faster turn around time than the other two I mentioned. Here is their link: http://adleecoversboats.com/index.htm

Old    captfaceplant            06-27-2003, 5:43 PM Reply   
Johnson Bimini. I had mine custom made for my Mastercraft with a tower, and recieved it within four days of the first phone call to them and it was a perfect fit with "over-the-phone" measurements. So I don't really see how the other manufacturer is one to two weeks faster when it only took a day or two to build and ship!!(Inquired on a Monday, placed the order with measurements on Tuesday, and recieved it at my shop on Thursday!!) Pricing was VERY reasonable considering the quality, and rapid turnaround. Email me if you have any other questions.
Old     (tjhooker)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-28-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
Easy, Jamie. I was just stating what I had come across and you obviously had a different experience. My bimini cost $449 before shipping. The quote I got from johnson bimini was $535. A pretty big price difference for the same thing.
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-30-2003, 9:26 AM Reply   
An important difference between the Johnson and Adlee biminis compared to the Towerbiminis bimini is that only the Towerbimini top attaches directly to the tower without drilling or the use of straps. The others attach to the fiberglass deck and use straps, etc etc (at least they do in all of the pictures on their web sites).

The Towerbimini tops are more money, but there is a significant difference in the product.
Old     (tjhooker)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-30-2003, 5:55 PM Reply   
That is true about the straps but I wanted to save a couple hundred dollars and the straps work fine and they are not in the way. In fact, the front straps attach to the tower. I you want to spend the extra $200-300 the towerbimni.com is the way to go. Keep in mind though that towerbimini.com was not willing to make bimini for my Launch and probably for other type of boats. I think the owner sticks mainly to SAN. All the biminis are good though.
Old    whitechocolate            07-01-2003, 10:11 AM Reply   
Mike: When I was at there shop they had 3 towers. For making up Biminis, They had a FTC that was adjustable so they could take measurments for all Natiques The SAN has a Diffrent Hull with than the AIR and the 216 has a diffrent hull mesuement than the 206 It kind funny. They also had a Pro flight and a Boss tower.The towers were mounted on Saw horses at the angle that they sit on the boats so they could fit each bimini to each type of tower with the correct angle. They are the Shizzzzz. Imagin haveing a Bimini shop with everytype of tower in your shop. There is a Local Marter craft and Malibu shop near by so when they get order's for thoes boats they use the measurments from thoes boats at the local dealer
Old     (matt_h)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-02-2003, 12:27 PM Reply   
My towerbimini's bimini is to be deliverd today! Just in time for the weekend.
Old    captfaceplant            07-02-2003, 4:29 PM Reply   
Mike..Sorry no disrespect intended. I was just very pleased with the service, and quality from Johnson Bimini. It was 479.00 including shipping, for an all Black one I'll post some pictures after this weekend. Once again Mike sorry for the way my post came across(after reading it again I guess it did sound a little harsh, my bad...)