Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (mikeyjr)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-23-2008, 9:56 PM Reply   
OK, you guys are making me very jealous.I've been so busy lately that it makes me sick to come home at night and see the Centurion laying in the driveway.(quit wrecking your cars its summer) Next week I will be free and clear after work and would love to ride with you guys.

I will say my boat did destroy Webb lake last weekend according to some locals. Funny thing was that most people thought it was the coolest thing ever to watch, but of course there was that guy screaming about us wasting gas(he didn't buy the stuff) and the other about his shoreline(sorry). It was pretty cool to be riding and see 1/2 the lake stop just to watch you ride,and cheer you on.

Hey all I will be willing to ride next week (In Turtle Lake this weekend)the Centurion is ready to go for whoever wants to ride.

}keep me posted.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-24-2008, 4:45 AM Reply   
were any other lakes just CRAZY last night? stankin' fish lake in Maple Grove had 12 boats towing at once. it was insane! not to mention the guy in the red Mastercraft towing two tubes and zig zagging up and down the entire lake for 2 straight hours. wooooooohsaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-24-2008, 6:18 AM Reply   
We got good water last night but I stunk it up! Man I could'nt get my groove going at all, I'm gonna have to get back out there and totally redeem myself.
Old     (priorlakemn)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-24-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
Jay, I used to own a home on Prior Lake in Candy Cove that I just sold. The current owners just bought it to rent out so it's a 3 bedroom home on the lake with a 2 car garage plus additional parking. If you want more info let me know, not sure if it's rented yet, the sign is still up
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       07-24-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
Michael...Let's do it! Not sex...i mean Ride!
Old     (mikeyjr)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-24-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
Eder.. right on man I am keeping every night next week open.Why don,t you let me know you schedule for next week, and we will set the nights up. If I know a day in advance I can sneak out of work early.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-24-2008, 9:57 PM Reply   
Haha! Jay! Glad I passed on last night. Sorry I never got back to ya!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-25-2008, 6:54 AM Reply   
Jay- what "jobby job" did you take? Are you still working the other two jobs you were doing last year too? HIt me up if you want to get out this weekend- it's been a while and I'd like to see your mad skills in action!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-25-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
Will - it's a Business Technology Analyst gig here at U.S. Bank. I'm still bartending at Bennigan's about 2 or 3 Saturday nights every month...not sure how much longer that'll last though.

What day are you thinking about getting out? We are going to be hitting up Fish Lake at about 7am on Saturday morning...we usually get glass to ourselves until about 9 or 10am if you're up for it. You thinking about going out on Sunday at all?
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-25-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
My Weekend is pretty open right now so anything is do-able. Let me know if you have a full crew or not for tomorrow AM- i'd be up for that.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-26-2008, 6:24 AM Reply   
Jay, hit me up if you start looking for a new Star, I know a guy who has an 06' and wants to sell it to get an 09'. It's black and white and pretty well optioned out.
Old     (gopher)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan, Need some advice on what camcorder to buy (HD with hard drive) something that my wife wants, but also for documenting my many MANY spills on the lake!
Old     (justinlkgb)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-28-2008, 6:30 AM Reply   
Ryan, just got the PDF downloaded. HOw many people are you expecting for Wednesday the 30th?
Old     (nocoast)      Join Date: May 2005       07-29-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
Just wanted to give everybody a heads up because my last thread got moved:

The Academy Wakeboard School is proud to present a great opportunity to receive one on one instruction from world class rider and coach Ben Greenwood.

Ben is a coach at The Wakeboard Camp, in Clermont, Florida and is featured in the acclaimed instructional DVD series, "The Book".

When and where:
August 5th and 6th on Bryant Lake in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.

Cost:
$100 per half hour set. (will include plenty of in-the-boat time as well.)

space is limited

For more details and booking please contact Adam Dennis at 612.600.1190 or at thewakeacademy@gmail.com
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-29-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
Well Adam $100 is alot of money for 1/2 hour of riding but it would be so sweet to have Ben Greenwood giving you pointers and seeing him ride in person would PUMP ME UP! I might have to do this...
Old     (nocoast)      Join Date: May 2005       07-31-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
sounds expensive? really look at it:

consider that 100 dollars gives you a half hour of riding and a half day in the boat--200 will be 1 hour and the full day--it's not that bad.

if you were to go to the wakeboard camp and learn from ben you would be paying $1575 for 5 days of riding. (that comes to about $315 for 1 hour of riding per day.)

instead we're bringing him to you.
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
Don ~ James here (Eder's friend) ....little late but haven't been on in while. Just wanted to say thanks for lettin me use the surfboard last week....i'll get the hang of it yet!
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-31-2008, 2:08 PM Reply   
I understand that Adam. I didnt mean to come off as a dick! haha! I will be there tuesday after work. What happens if the weather is horrible?
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-01-2008, 5:52 AM Reply   
ARe any of you Owasso guys out during the mid-day? A little odd I know but I am 1/2 mile away and have a one-hour lunch :-)

Don I really want to ride w/ you someday. My 87 Supra SunSport is almost to the point where I would show it too! We're surfin like crazy. Just posted some pics in the surf forum. Thread is easy to spot.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-03-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
James, no prob dude anytime :-) Cant wait till ya come out and check out my rig :-)

Mike, If you hit up the river, give me a shout 651-343-6178. Good to hear your rig is going strong, I cant wait to see it, I am gonna check out those pics right now :-)
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-03-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
What's up Mner's. So I finally got settled in and everything is starting to get normal. I was in the Twin Cities for 8 years and always up by Owasso and Bald Eagle. Work dried up so I had to move and now I'm in not so Fabulous Las Vegas. I've met and rode with a few of you. and now that I can't be in the TC I'm telling you when any of you come to LV to let me know. I have been getting out on Lake Mead about 3 times a week and doing alot of wakesurfing. Weekends are crazy with all the idiots boating and it has been windy all the time. I've only got to wakeboard about 5 times but it's still good to be out on the lake. I live in the southern part of LV and am about a half hour away from the lake. So if any of you plan to come down to this area give me a call and we'll get out . Just give me a couple days notice and bring some gas money. They tell me if your not a pussy you can trunk it all year round, and it will get a little less busy after Labor Day.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-03-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
Lookin good Nick. It was good to talk to you today. Good to hear you are doing good and if you plan to come up here, by all means call me and I will even spot you the gas :-)
Old     (whirli_7)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-04-2008, 7:39 AM Reply   
Hey fellas,

If anyone is looking an extra person in their crew this week, let me know. I'd love to get out.

Here's my story. My riding buddy down here has some pretty big health issues in his family right now, so he hasn't gone out at all this year. I'm sitting here in August and haven't even strapped a board to my feet yet, and I have to say, I'm starting to freak out. I've done quite a bit of wakeskating, and skiing up at our place in northern MN, but I still haven't experianced the water pushing my eyes back in my head from a god'ole' face plant yet.

I'm in Saint Louis Park, so I think almost any western, southern lake is reachable for me. But at this point I'll go where-ever

shoot me an e-mail @ whirli_7@hotmail.com if anyone is interested in taking a very rusty rider out.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2008, 8:40 PM Reply   
Well I can honestly say that last night was the best time wakeboarding Ive ever had. I went out boarding with the Academy Wakeboard crew and Ben Greenwood! With Bens help I was able to land my first backroll! 4 trys was all it took and ZERO bad falls. I had the pleasure of watching Ben take a session and it was CRAZY! He ripped it! HUGE floating spins WAAAY out into the flats and the biggest air raley ive ever seen in person! I wish I could remember the name of the local rider that was ripping it up...he was also the owner of the Wakesetter we were using..Mike something...anyways he was KILLING it on the double ups! HUGE roll to blind and big 7s. Adam Dennis also took a pull and almost landed a very nice looking 7 off the double up as well as a really nice roll to blind. Everyone on the boat was really nice and fun to chill and ride with. I had a blast and was blown away by the talent of Ben and Mike! Thank you Adam, Tyler from The Academy Wakeboard School and Ben Greenwood for helping me with my first invert! SO PUMPED!!!
Old     (yo123)      Join Date: May 2006       08-06-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
Just wondering how many people ride in the south easter part of the state. Like lake zumbro
Old     (mnwake45)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2008, 9:47 PM Reply   
While we're asking, does ANYONE ride in the Duluth area? I mean I know some people who will go boarding because mine is in the boat, but I wish I had people to ride with, well I mean people who are actually semi-serious about riding to ride with... For some reason I don't think my dad would pull me close enough to that sandbar I want to gap so I could actually do it, lol
Old     (justinlkgb)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-07-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
tyler, Im in Faribo, but not quite Lake zumbro by any means. Your welcome to come on down.

Anthony, sounds like it was an epic night. Wished I could have attended.

Steve I am quite a ways south, but I could get you a pull. My wife and I are expecting within the next 2 weeks, so scheduling is a little tough, but still possible. Shoot me an email if you are interested.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-07-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
Anthony - I think you are referring to Mike Bros. That yellow wakesetter looks dope!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-07-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
Tyler - You might wanna head over to the Skumbro when the Waterski Show Team is practicing or performing. There is most likely a few boarders on the team that ride outside of practice. I used to be on it, but am not sure who is still left there.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-07-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
His Wakesetter is all white with a white tower. Are you sure the one you saw was yellow?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-07-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
hmmm - maybe it's a different mike then
Old     (whirli_7)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-07-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
Justin thanks for the offer, I'll be in touch.

Anybody going out this weekend? I litteraly have nothing to do until Monday at 6:00pm. Might be fun to get out and meet some new people who ride.

I should also give props to Jay for taking me out on Tuesday, that was fun.
Old     (aaron_l)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-07-2008, 9:24 PM Reply   
Hey I am moving to the Minnesota next weekend, Bloomington to be specific. I am going to be looking for pulls and would love to get in touch with some people who ride in the area. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-07-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
Aaron, I live in Bloomington and im out riding as much as possible. You can ride with us.

Tony 612-702-6239
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-08-2008, 5:40 AM Reply   
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE tickets on sale at 10am this morning on 93x.com!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-08-2008, 5:46 AM Reply   
anyone else got any video footage put together yet from this season? here are rough cuts that i threw together. i plan on doing a lot more editing and weed out some unnecessary footage once the season ends. post up your links if you some 2008 video's out there!

here's mine:
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-08-2008, 6:42 AM Reply   
Nice Vid Jay. The spins are looking pretty smooth and there was a pretty stylie crow in there. Diggin the raleys from the side view too.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-08-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
I need some more info on Wake Fest!!! Is there a contest or something? What time does it start/end? I know NOTHING about it! HELP!
Old     (aaron_l)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-08-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
Thanks Anthony, I move up next weekend and once I'm settled I will definitely be giving you a call.
Old     (justinlkgb)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-10-2008, 6:09 AM Reply   
Anybody near Lakeville got room for 1 more on Monday?

I have the dreaded dentist around 1 and was trying to take the rest of the day.
I have my own board, could bring sacs if needed and of course gas.

Justin
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2008, 7:45 AM Reply   
Here's some test footage of John Tietz and I this summer. We're working on a pro quality video and did this clip to test out some ideas. Video is by Jon Zaugg:

http://web.mac.com/zaujon/Zaugg_Productions/Northern_Boarders.html
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-12-2008, 7:47 AM Reply   
If any one is going out on Bald Eagle today stop and say Hi. We are trying to get out Photo shoot on go a chase boat, hopefully we can get some sun!
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-13-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
Well, we tried... unfortunately the weather didn't hold up... And the chase boat didn't show. Probably had something to do with the downpour that we got seconds later. Anyway, here are a few of Jay.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-13-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
Here is one of the storm and the drive home.

Upload

Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-13-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
Great Shots a always Homie! You get any shots of my boat?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-13-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
why didn't i grab that last one SLOB! woulda turned into and okay Oriental.

i hate knee braces!

ryan you're a wizard with that thing. did you end up with any of the lightning and clouds?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-13-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
Jay you should grab it NUKE!

Man that was such a fun session. I gott a get the glitch out of my switch toe 5s and 7s.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-13-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
dude i'll have to start doing yoga and ditch the braces before my body will bend like that!
Old     (dustin_w)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-13-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
The fashion air is the best trick in wakeboarding!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-13-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
Jay- sorry to hear the day didn't work out- but thanks for coming out with us Monday. It was great seeing you tear it up again- your bag of tricks is getting pretty sick! I'm riding tomorrow night and it will be the last time I can get out until Labor Day- you're welcome to join if you can make it. I'd like to try those Slingshot boots sometime as well- not to mention the board- it would be fun to try that too. Stay in touch.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-13-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
Ryan- let me know if you need a chase boat sometime- like I said Labor day is the next time I can make it happen- but I'd be happy to help out with that.
Old     (mark0157)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-21-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
Are there any lakes around Mlps that are not too busy on a Friday evening? Thx
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-22-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
Jay, Next time you are headed to Bryant give me a call. You can just ride with us or I can ride with you. Save alot of gas money!

Tony 612-702-6239
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-22-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
will do tony. although after the madness on bryant this week i don't know if i'll be heading back down there for a while...that was ridiculous! and then when it was almost dark and the water was finally calm i ended up having to ride my slingshot, which i haven't touched in over a month...man the transition to a flex board takes a while to get used too.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-22-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
Did the other board break?
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-22-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
the stankin' lace broke on one of my Xenon bindings. so instead taking the time to re-lace, or tossin' my Watson's on the board i just decided to hop on my Slingshot setup. super frustrating to do that when you finally get calm water!
Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
Anyone know much about Crystal Lake in Burnsville? Is it good for riding? Wind protection?
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-02-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
Well its a sad day. I just put my Supra up for sale. Anyone looking for a boat? 06 Supra 20SSV. If you are interested we can take it out for a rip.

Tony 612-702-6239
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-02-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
Any of you guys in a new white wakesetter out on Big Marine on Monday? If so, props to you guys. There was a crew of 6 or so throwing a nice bag a tricks behind a slammed malibu. If I would have had any cash on me I would have flagged them down for a pull. Best riding I have seen in person.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-03-2008, 6:29 AM Reply   
Was it possibly Mike Bros and gang? Not the usual location, but right boat.
Old     (whirli_7)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-03-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
Anyone going to Rage tonight? I'll be at champs/or the loon before hand. If you see a tall skinny kid with a black hoodie on, come over and say hi.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-03-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
i am. i know nintzel's going too. i'm definitely going to bring a hanky/bandana just in case things get crazy and they start tossin' pepper spray around or something!

i think i'd like to try and get down on the floor...i'll have to see what the gf says first though.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-04-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
The RAGE concert was insanely good last night! the only crappy thing is that my ears are still ringing.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-04-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
here's how they came out, and sang their entire first song.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-04-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
Well guys what do you think was this weekend our last of 80 degree plus weather? WTH! It should be nice all through Sept! I went out last night and the sun was warm but the wind and air were just so chilly! I'm still upgrading but it's tough when it will just sit over the winter! I'm gonna go cry...:-)
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       09-04-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
New to the thread -

Work MDT, live Little Canada, ride Owasso

I found some fellow MDT'rs out there, I'll look you up in the corporate address book...
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-04-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
I'm an MDT'er although I am only field sales support right now :-)
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-12-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
I think I will be out today on the Mississippi from coon rapids dam up to the 169/ferry st/Chamnplain bridge today starting at about 230. Give me a call 612-232-2040 if you want to drink/smoke one and get a quick set in. Wake or surf although my engine doesn't like long surg sets lately...It should be 75 and sunny...
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-12-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
Oh I suppose I should mention the boat is my 87 Supra SunSport. Currently I am the only one going! Hah good thing I got party favors. I'm gonna get some good pics too and then pull her out this evening to install fresh air exhaust.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-12-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
I'll be out with JT tonight on Bavaria. Gonna try a few inverts with wakeskis, for something different.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-12-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
I'll be out on Bryant with full ballast and 10 people! Should be a fun evening of double ups and pain! haha!