Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    mtbmudmachine            01-27-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
A friend is in the market for a new boat. He is looking at a Wakesetter VLX or a Air Natique. The boat's are about the same in price. Please give us your opinion. And please explain why? Thanks for responding
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-27-2003, 9:26 AM Reply   
Ok, here we go again!!!

Malibu VLX
Reasons:
1) wake shape and size
2) the Wedge
3) interior space
4) driver comforts
-everything is easily accessable from seat
-flip up bolster seat
-lumbar/comfortable driving position
5) price- at least what I have seen a Malibu is typically less than the same Nautique-same options.
6) Like the tower options better than the FCT
7) Malibu pulls to the right when backing, making it easier to dock and safer when picking up riders- since you can see them if you try and pull the back of the boat toward them. (natuque pulls to the left)
8) easy access to the motor and still have hard tanks in rear
9) table for wrap around seating area
10) overall performance is #1

This is just a quick list I thought of. But your friend should drive and ride behind both if he is having a hard time deciding. They are both great boats with great reputations.

Come on Jeff... lets hear your side!

(Message edited by aneal000 on January 27, 2003)
Old    mtbmudmachine            01-27-2003, 9:51 AM Reply   
Tony Im Sorry He is looking at a "WAKESETTER" not a VXL "Sorry" I will start a new post.
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-27-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
I was thinking Wakesetter. That's what you said.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-27-2003, 11:45 AM Reply   
Grant- Could you be more specific between the two boats? Is he looking for a V-Drive? As I am sure you are aware, there are many different "Air" Nautiques and Malibu "Wakesetter." The more info we get the better we can discern the differences.

Tony- Ha ha. Looking for a fight, eh? ; ) I am ready!!!
Old    mtbmudmachine            01-27-2003, 12:12 PM Reply   
I messd Up I said VXL thats Not what he wants. He is looking at a Wakesetter the Direct drive Malibu. The Wakesetter is a Direct drive with the Monsson motor all the options PP ect, with a Skylon Swoop center balast sack and a Wedge. The Air Nautique is a 216/or 206 fully loaded. Thanks Again
Old    danno            01-27-2003, 12:21 PM Reply   
Grant,
lemme see... now who would have an air nautique that your friend could demo... ummm... oh wait! You have one!

use both, as much as possible then decide.

There is ALWAYS going to be a "best deal." Miss out on today's and tomorrow there will be a new one.

Which one for him is a matter of personal choice. They're both good boats. Now, if he was trying to decide between a 1978 Boston Whaler, and a '03 MasterCraft, maybe we could help you.

Free advice that's worth every penny!
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-27-2003, 2:50 PM Reply   
Man, if he isn't sold on your Nautique, something is wrong!!!
Personally, I think Nautique, why you say? Well
1 and 2. Size and Shape and WIDTH compared to the 'BU. The only reason I say this is that the wedge widens the wake by a significant amount when used. When not used, well, I don't know really.
3. Not to sure about the Interior space on the DD 'BU, but I agree with Tony about the interior size difference of the 210 and the VLX.
4. Driver Comforts. You can really see a quality difference with the throttle controls between a CC and a 'BU. Personally, I think the throttle on the CC is cleaner. The SmartPod design of the CC is nice with the Digital Display Stereo remote, the multiple use pushbutton switches, the air/water temp with depth finder. The digital key ignition system, with interior pushbutton locks (the rear storage for the 210, not sure about the 206 or 216, though.)
5. There the same right? Cool. I personally feel that Quality of Construction in a CC is higher than a 'BU and this helps with resale values as well. Personal opinion though.
6. Depending on which package you get, there are multiple tower options, its just that most people get the Team Edition which includes the FCT. I think the FCT is up there on looks and durability. The FCT also fits in a standard 7 ft. garage, when retracted. If you don't get a TE, you could always upgrade to a Boss tower, the Belmont Towers are SWEEET!! Other Towers are available as well depending on the dealer.
7. Agree with Tony, but that is also something that you get use to. When I was driving purely CC, it didn't bother me at all, in fact I enjoyed it. Now that I am boatless and drive other boats, its just all confusing.
8. Don't know, don't care, 5 year Tip 2 tail warranty takes those issues away for me, at least. Regarding the ballast, I do know that you can add the 324 pounds of internal ballast to the 206 and 216, while the BU internal Ballast for DD is, well, don't know since their website is down.
9. Agree with Tony, Hey Tony, how many times did you use your table last year?
10. Uhm, well, personally, I disagree. But hey, have your friend drive both so he can make his own decision on the performance.

Tony's boat is sweet! Its going to be a good summer testing our theories on my 210 and his VLX. The only problem will be overcoming our own biases!

Good luck, and have fun with it. The hardest part is waiting!!
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-27-2003, 2:57 PM Reply   
Grant, I was going to ask you, I just got a Belmont Tower with B530's and a 5 light bar. Regarding the light bar, did they come with the wires inside the bar or did you drill that yourself? If so, what was the method that you did that? I also have to connect them to a switch, according to your website, I need 2 to get 2 30-amp relays. Do you have any more tips for the installation?
Thanks!
Old    mtbmudmachine            01-27-2003, 3:53 PM Reply   
Eljefepequeno" The light bar. Yes I drilled inside the light bar and ran the wires inside the bar to give it a cleaner look. The end of the Boss light bar has a 1 Inc thick end cap you must drill threw the end cap and run your wires threw the bar the bar is hallow. You will need 3" 30 Amp Relay's that will power all 5 Lights get the power directly from the Battery. Then you will run a "Kick on" to the relays <"A Switch") I used the Accesory switch on the dash it looks like a "Lightning bolt" you have one. The leed that powers that switch is under you Kick board/ smart pod on the right side tucked in with a Big group of wires all taped together it's a Yellow Wire Thats the Kick on for you lights. They make it kinda easy to get to no 2 are in the same exact location look around you will find it Put a test light on just to make sure. And Don't run the Speaker wires and the wires for the Light bar on the same side if you do you will notice a crack threw your tower speakers when you turn your light off. E-mail me I fi you have any more question's You have no E-mail Address on your Profile
Old    mtbmudmachine            01-27-2003, 3:55 PM Reply   
OOOOOOO And Just to remind people we are talking about a "Direct Drive" Wakesetter against a "Direct Drive" Air Nautique
Thanks
G
Old    dobie            01-27-2003, 5:37 PM Reply   
I'm wondering what the price of these boats are? I didn't think they were close. $35,00 for the DD wakesetter and $44,000 for the air 206. Please let me know the price you're paying. I'm interested in these boats as well. Thanks.
Old    mtbmudmachine            01-27-2003, 6:05 PM Reply   
They are much closer in price. like mabey $2000 diffrance between the 2
Old    dobie            01-27-2003, 6:12 PM Reply   
I was able to get a wakesetter direct drive down to $33,000 but the Air 206 was $42,000 solid. Do you know how nuch your friend is spending?
Old    dobie            01-27-2003, 7:03 PM Reply   
I could get the dealer down to $33,000 on a dd setter but $42,000 solid on an air 206. What are the prices you've heard?
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-28-2003, 6:37 AM Reply   
Eljefepequeno-hey I knew that was comming, half of my post was for Grant and the other half was to punk you a little!

But hey it is all irrelevant since he was asking about the DD wakesetter. At which point even I would go with the Nautique! Although I find it hard to believe they are the same price, unless of course they are different years, but we don't know that, so maybe some more info from Grant would be useful.

By the way I remember you enjoying that table up at Ottawa last year
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-28-2003, 7:34 AM Reply   
I seem to remember you asking for it!!! HA HA! Yeah, I know, it was a low blow on my end to use the same issues and numbering. Gave me the advantage.

OK, OK, you got me, I do remember using it in Ottawa, but you still haven't answered my question.

You know we are going to be doing this all year long. Troubles, Troubles, SIGH
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-28-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
check out North Point Water Sports..... I traded my 01 Air for a 02 Sante and they have it for sale. It is a sweet boat. 100 hrs approx..... the boat is like new.

http://www.northpointws.com/

alex
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-28-2003, 7:56 AM Reply   
216 Air Nautique is awesome. The whole boat is redone. I would buy that one instead of the Malibu. I think you already know this Grant
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-28-2003, 8:09 AM Reply   
I guess I did ask for it... directly! And that's ok Nautique owners need all the advantages they can get!

Ummm, I lost count it was so many times! Tables are cool! That is one of Angels's favorite features. I found this for you, so you won't feel left out this year. I think it would look good in your, or anyones Natique!
Table
Here is a link to it on West Marine's website so everyone without a Malibu can get one!
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=15009&catalogId=10001& classNum=645&subdeptNum=644&storeNum=18

And yeah, I have a funny feeling we are going to be doing this all year!
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-28-2003, 8:13 AM Reply   
Hey about the lights, don't worry, I have 30 amp relays for you. I have lots of goodies left over from my audio days. They shouldn't be any problem hooking those up.
Old    mtbmudmachine            01-28-2003, 8:48 AM Reply   
Ok As far as price Goes. If he could get the Wakesetter he want's for 33K and the Air for 44K I would keep the 10K and get the Waksetter. But This is not the case. The 33k Wakesetter is a some what stripped down boat, With out the 330 hp monsoon No PP and No heater ect. The Air is not in the same price catagory as a 33k Wakesetter. I don't know the Exact Price of DD Wakesetter's but I know with all the options he want's it's not 33 with all the options it's closer to what the Air is going for I know what Air's (216's) go for. As far as the 44K Air (216) That is also not a fully equipt model. It's hard to compare boat's Becuse they are at all diffrent price levels. Nautiques are great boats. Is the Same outfitted Nautique worth 10k more than the same outfitted Malibu. IMO No" But when the boat's start getting closer in price thats when I think it's a easyer choice.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-28-2003, 9:32 AM Reply   
Good one Tony, next time we need to play Hungry Hungry Hippo when were out on the water, will make sure to bring your boat.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Old    david_fletcher            01-28-2003, 9:41 AM Reply   
Good one
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-28-2003, 2:53 PM Reply   
Ouch! LOL!

Just wait...
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-28-2003, 3:13 PM Reply   
Or we could at least have mine out there for a back up... Here is a shot of a guy trying to figure out why she just died in the middle of the lake... luckly we were able to help tow them back in with the Malibu, even gave him a ride behind a real boat, they both appreciated it that day!

broken natique
Old    norcal_99            01-28-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
X-Star > *
Old    steveaz            01-28-2003, 6:13 PM Reply   
X-star...blah...you're biased Rene J/K of course.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-28-2003, 7:34 PM Reply   
I work at a marina that currently sells Malibu and used to sell Correct Craft...Overall both are great boats albeit different, i personally prefer the bu's wake better for my style of riding (thats why you should ride behind them when you demo them). The correct crafts are built like bricks and feel like it on the water so the bu will give you a better ride. The vinyl on the cc's is more stain resistant while the carpet on the bu's holds up longer. From my personal observations and from what the mechanics have told me the malibus are less prone to break down and we see that in our service shop,but ia m sure other dealers see the exact opposite...Also, the wedge allows for various wake shapes which works for different riders (my brother hates it and uses just ballast,i like the shape with it and ballast, and another friend likes just it, so we all are happy)... Anyway the reason the dealer has malibu and not CC is that they wer enot selling any nautiques because after back to back demos people could not justify the price.

AS i said both are great, I just personally liked the bu more and after literally tearing apart both brands day in and day out can say they are both of similar quality, the reason for the nautiques price difference is that dealers do not get boats direct from the factory, they instead get them from warehouses which mark up the price, so the quote "you get what you pay for really does not apply" Both are great, so demo them and go with the one that fits you the best...
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-28-2003, 7:36 PM Reply   
to answer another question form up above, resale on bus and cc's are almost identical, and the ballast for the dd bu is aorund 500 lbs.
Old    rtm            01-28-2003, 7:42 PM Reply   
I have to agree with Rene!!

If you read any of his earlier posts, you will relize that to question what he recomends is just wrong!!

X-Star it is.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-29-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
What are you talking about Tony? That guy was just showing him the superior 425hp Python engine.

Good idea though, we could also use your boat as a photo/chase boat as well..
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-29-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
I couldn't find the picture I took about 2 minutes later when black smoke was comming out of the engine compartment...
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-29-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
ok, ok, I got one...

What is the difference between the following two pictures? One is from the Natique Reunion and the other is from the Malibu Texas Roundup, both gatherings of loyal customers who own each boat respectfully.

Natique owners:

Natuque

Malibu owners:

Malibu

Give up? Malibu owners are not afraid to actually put their boats in the water and use them!!!
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-29-2003, 11:23 AM Reply   
You know...that picture of the two guys looking into the engine compartment of the Nautique of the boat that "died in the middle of the lake" looks an awful lot like the picture on the Nautique web site of their factory tour....
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-29-2003, 11:35 AM Reply   
This does not have to turn into a boat war. It does not matter what brand you own as long as it fits you and you are happy with it... Some people won't buy malibus at the dealership i work at because they say they promote partying too much with all of their coolers while others say the biblical references and the fact that nautique has been quoted as "building boats in the name of the lord" turns them off. Tell you friend to demo the boats and talk to the dealers, a good dealership can make any boat better...

A good example of this is that after the dealer i worked at dropped nautique a neighboring dealer picked it up. My boss figured some customers would go there for the boat. Althoguh 1 or 2 have, every other customer who wanted a new baot has traded theres in for a Malibu because the other dealer has a bad reputaion...
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-29-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
This already is a boat war, just this time it is good natured and not being taken seriously...just like it should be. Dave should put a disclaimer on the the top of the message board. Something like "For Entertainment Purposes Only. Not for Use in Life-Altering Descisions"
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-29-2003, 1:24 PM Reply   
That's a good one Tony, better find that smokin engine soon, I think Shawn got you!! Just so people don't turn all negative on us, I will see you in another thread!!!

Roy- I agree with you, Tony and I were just 'joshin and havin fun, we do not want this thread to turn to an Allout Flamefest.

One thing that I will point out is that I am sure there are a few dealers that left Malibu for another brand like CC, I know of one Malibu dealer in STL that went to Mastercraft. I won't get into the who did what, as its not really my business, stuff like that just happens. Higher Profit Margins and Dealer/Factory relationships are motivations for such change.

I agree that a good dealership can make any boat better, and your example is a good one, your customers are comfortable doing business with you and due to that, feel that they will get the best deal and service later.

I disagree with you, however, on the "you get what you pay for." I truly feel that Nautique reveals this in their product. And I also feel that many Nautique, Malibu, Mastercraft owners, will support me on this as well. If they didn't feel this way, everyone would own (whatever cheapest boat fits here). The fact that Nautique uses the warehouse method of distribution is not what I would feel is the reason for Nautiques higher prices. I believe supply and demand is the reason for highter prices and different price qoutes for the same boat from around the country is a good example of this.

I appreciate you points and look forward to hearing your side in further discussions.
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2003, 2:26 PM Reply   
Tony, that pic was taken from the Nautique site on their factory tour page showing how they lake test their boats....notice the tower all wrapped up still.....funny you couldn't find the picture with the smoke coming out of it
Old    mtbmudmachine            01-29-2003, 2:49 PM Reply   
The Air Nautique price creped up this year almost 4 grand while the price of the super Air only went up $1.800 (I will explain) I keep hearing "each year the cost of boats keep getting higher” News’s Flash!!!! So does everything in life it's called Cost of living. 2.5 to 5% each year. And also the cost to re tool and make new designs. Back to the "Air" The boat is completely new so I understand the cost increase, New Hull and Deck New tower new dash ect. I am not as educated on Malibu's as Nautiques does anyone here know what is new on the DD wakesetter that would justify the price increase on the boat
Over and above the 2.5 to 5% normal increase.
P.S it’s cool how people in this Thread aren’t getting disrespectful towards other brands
Thanks for keeping it informative and open minded

Old    norcal_99            01-29-2003, 5:11 PM Reply   
X-STAR > *

Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-30-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
Yeah it was all in good fun, one of us own a malibu and one of us own a natuque... we were just bringing our on the water bickering into the office! Last time out eljefxxxxx (you have got to change that) and co(other natique owner) were tag teaming me on the new boat! It's funny though because they were all smiles all day!

So yeah it did turn into a boat bashing, but the funny part was we knew where it was headed and some of the readers didn't!

Just one last one... then I will see YOU on another thread!

Again efjefabcdefg (sorry) seems pretty content on a Malibu

Jeff in the Malibu

Here is the other Natique owner after his ride behind a VLX... He was saying "that wake was huge, it was like this tall" What else can I say?

Chris
Old    para            02-04-2003, 6:13 PM Reply   
The Nautique is by far the better boat!!!
Old    flyer            02-04-2003, 7:46 PM Reply   
For what its worth, I just tested the 206, 210 and the wakesetter. Malibu is a nice boat, but it is quite a bit larger then all but the new 226 nautique. The direct drive setup is nice. The 206 has the TSC2 hull and has a great ski wake. With tanks it will put out a good wake, however not as nice as the Malibu with the wedge and tanks. However, if you want to ski, the Malibu has a pretty big wake to cut through even when the ballest is empty and wedge up. It was quite a bit of work to cut through. The 206/216 is a outstanding boat, handels like a big jet ski. If you want a good wake, I feel the 210 is a better bet (its the one I bought). The one thing I liked about Nautique is 5 year bumber to bumper warrenty on everything! Depending on which edition (sport, limited or team) you pick the 210 could end up about 10 to 15 g's more. I upgraded to the new 6 liter engine and that added a few more bucks. You have to ride them both, they are very different boats, both very nice.

Mark
Old    rtm            02-04-2003, 7:54 PM Reply   
I appreciate what everyone is saying but I really think Rene makes a good point.
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-05-2003, 8:00 AM Reply   
HA HA HA, Tony, you had to bring that one up!! Next time I am over, I am going to raid your computer and steal some of those "lost" pictures of you!!! HA HA

Poor Chris can't even defend himself.

BTW, I seem to remember him saying that was about all the air he could get on the double-up!!!
HA HA HA
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-05-2003, 8:14 AM Reply   
Mark you lucky dog!!!
New 210 TEAM with the 6.0!!!
My dealer told me $2300 for that engine, is this right????
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-05-2003, 9:51 AM Reply   
LOL (two word min)
Old    gonzo            02-17-2003, 7:51 AM Reply   
I am also looking at buying either the Air Nautique 216 limited or the Wakesetter 23 xti. I was at the L.A. boat show yesterday and the price on the 216 with the extras I want was 49,000. I did not get an exact price on the xti but I think it would be around 47,000. I am looking for a boat I can do recreational level slalom, boarding and barefooting on. Barefooting both off the boom and longline. Any feedback on the best for all around use? I like the seating much better on the xti. Except the rear seat is not very comfortable. The Nautique seems better built and has the five year warranty. I will be taking both out for a demo in a few weeks.
Old    steveb7            02-17-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
I would strongly urge anyone looking for a funcional ski wake to test drive a sunscape 21
Old    wakerookie            02-17-2003, 9:35 AM Reply   
Hans!!!! 47K for a 23XTi, was it made of Gold?? What were the options, or is that just the price ya pay for living in L.A.
Old    gonzo            02-17-2003, 9:57 AM Reply   
The extras on the xti for that price include the perfect pass system, tower with board racks, bimini top, docking lights and a boat cover.
Old    wakerookie            02-17-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
I paid under 44,000 tax included for 23XTi w/ PP, board racks double axle trailer w/ spare, tower, custom cover, bimini top, docking lights, extra remote stereo, and dual heaters. Guess I got a good deal!
Old    gonzo            02-17-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
Gio
Sounds like you did get a good deal! Was that price for a 2003? Do you do any skiing or barefooting off your boat?
Old    wakerookie            02-17-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
Gonzo, yes its an 03' and I'll do a little of both, but mainly boarding. I can do all three, but not well! I'll do some skiing, but my cousin just bought an Moomba Outback for the barefooting and skiing.
Old    aquajack            02-17-2003, 9:10 PM Reply   
OK, Here is a little more info to make your cost comparisons/decesions with. 1st when going with the new 6.0 L in a Nautique the added price includes a Closed Cooling system standard. That closed cooling system is needed because the 6.0 L has aluminum heads and would cause corosion if it did not have the closed cooling system. 2nd when considering a CC to other boats price differences you must understand that there are some standard features on a CC that you either pay more for on other boats or they just are not available at any price, like Lifting rings (a boat has to be pretty durable to be lifted and supported by just the lifting rings), and a standard Gear Reduction 1.23:1 transmission vs 1:1 on the others(we are talking about direct drives here), AME 5000 Resin (modified Epoxy)standard on CC and not available on any of the boats mentioned in this post so far, and don't discount the cost of that 5 Year Bow light to Swim platform Warranty, with no engine hour limitations at no xtra charge, all backed by a company that has been making boats since 1925. There are more standards that drive up the costs on a Nautique, but I'll leave it at that. Not everyone can afford a Lexus, Mercedes, or a BMW. But those who can, appreciate the differences of the car they drive over what the other guy has. Bottom line, All of the top three boats are just that. . .THE TOP 3. When you compare option for option and standard feature for standard feature you will find as Grant stated earlier in this thread.... All three are all within a few thousand dollars of one another.
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-18-2003, 12:24 PM Reply   
Or maybe it's just that they don't buy factory direct???
Old    gonzo            02-20-2003, 5:15 PM Reply   
How is the Sunscape for wakeboarding?
Old    waksetr            02-22-2003, 1:30 AM Reply   
I am the friend who was looking at the wakesetter and the 206. i like the wakesetter and all the options i want have drove the coss close to a air. but the setter is about 5k less out the door. has every option you could dream up and then some. but i can't get myself to spend 50K on a boat. 49,999 yes but if there is a 5 in front i just cant do it. I want a D.D. and primarialy wakeboard everyone seems to agree that the bu has a larger wake. but the worst part is I cant order one till at least april 1st. gotta refinance the house YA-KNOW
Old    waksetr            02-22-2003, 1:33 AM Reply   
I did forget to say that the fit and finish of a natique is (well i thinkis second to none. I wish malibu would take a look at there dash.... the whole interion of a natique is superior....but i still want a wakesetter!!
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-22-2003, 8:30 PM Reply   
This fit and finish thing with correct craft is over rated! I spent the day at the LA show going over the boats and came away thinking the malibu was of higher quality than all others. Just my opinion. nautiques had grind marks inside hatches that looked poor, had poor quality carpet, and vinyl did not look plush like the malibu for instance. nautiques have a very nice gell coat though but you are paying for image in my opinion.
Old    thedock75            02-25-2003, 1:29 PM Reply   
I am looking for some advice as to what is a fair asking price for the following boat. Thank you all for your opinions in advance..

Malibu 01’.Sunsetter VLX. V-Drive.325 hp Monsoon eng.Mint Cond. 55 hrs. Wakebboard Pkg.Titan Tower,Malibu Launch System,Wedge,Board Racks.CD Player, Cover,S/A trailer.

(Message edited by thedock75 on February 25, 2003)
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-25-2003, 3:01 PM Reply   
By the looks of what is listed on BoatTraderOnline, somewhere between $35-36k for that package.