Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (flydoc)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-17-2003, 12:10 AM Reply   
Has anyone ridden behind a bazooka? I'm going to look at a 1999 for $15000. It's a 12 hour drive away so I haven't been able to see the wake yet. It has a tower and built factory ballist. I think they look a lot like the moomba mobius with lots of storage and an open bow (which is almost required for my family and friends). Anyone with any experience and comments would be appreciated.
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       02-17-2003, 8:42 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure the Gekko doesn't look
like any other boat you've ever seen.
I don't know. For that kind of money,
there would be at least 5 other boats
I would rather have. Unless you don't
care about wake. There are many
boats in that price range that have a proven
wake.

If your a wakeboarder... why not make
the wake your biggest priority (after budget)??
Old     (flydoc)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-17-2003, 11:05 AM Reply   
i've heard they have a great wake especially with ballast. I've considered the SN 2001 model, and mastercraft 190. I'd like to have an openbow. Obviously if the wake is a ski wake then it won't do but they are supose to have a better wake than any non boarding specific model and You can't get any of those for less than $20K if not $30k.
So anyone seen thier wake in person.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2003, 1:08 PM Reply   
If your've got lots of peeps to carry you might try to find a supra sunsport they are BIG, in your price range, and throw it large when weighted.
Old    heebs            02-18-2003, 12:02 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 bazooka and really like it. The wake when weighted with additional sacs is great! The wake is slightly rampy but has a good lip at the top to give you extra pop. I have ridden behind several boats, moomba mobius and mastercraft x-star for example, and this wake is as good if not better. The boat has nice features like the swim platform, great for getting ready to ride. For the cost, I think it's a great value.

Hope this helps..

Old    heebs            02-25-2003, 9:02 AM Reply   
hmm