Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    jessekib            07-19-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
Today is wensday and im still sore from sunday, and i Hit the gym 5 days a week! Just wanted to see some of yall post some comments on how sore yall get, This is our first season at this, Unsucessful W2W's, grabs, stuff like that, we do ride hard though! I aint bitchin or crying or nothing like that just wanted to get some opionions, Yall post some.
Old     (wildbill)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2006, 1:09 PM Reply   
After my first set of the summer I'll get really sore. After that, my legs definitely feel like I rode for a day or two after each time I go out, but I wouldn't call it sore.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
Used to get sore as heck after the first outing (back, arms, legs)...Solution: We bought a piece-o-crap house. Turns out that heavy lifting, carpentry, digging, landscaping, and the such are good wakeboarding cross training activities. The next couple of days after this year's first outing I actually stopped and thought, hey, can still move around and don't hurt like heck.

Probably not a sustainable training program, but it sure worked this year, and by the looks of the house probably for the next couple years as well.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
Depends on how many sets I get, and how many falls. Normally with 3 or 4 sets, we go 5 falls or 20 minutes, and three falls or 10 minutes 1 hour before sunset. Two weekend days morning and afternoons of that, and taking only one or two "eyelid peelers"...I'm usually good to go.

Now IF I skip a week, or go on vacation, or get sick then go back....totally different...sore as hell on Mondays!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-19-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
Im never sore on Mondays because I dont ride on weekends......too crowded.

www.midwestwakeboarder.com
Old     (rmitchell242)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-19-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
5 falls or 20 minutes give me a break foxrepdc i could be done in 2 minutes if i rolled with you guys
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
I'm 35 and new to wakeboarding. I'm just starting to get w2w down and I'm sore as all get out for 3 days after I ride.God I wish I was 18 again.
Old     (wakeman21)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-19-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
after the first day of the season im sore for about a week (i dont know why. i do heavy lifting and running 5 days a week) but after that week i never get sore for the rest of the season
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
After about 12 sets between Thursday and Sunday... I start walking upright like a homo-sapien again by Wed!
Old    jessekib            07-20-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
Good to see im not the only one! What about all these dudes that do these crazy a$$ tricks does actually "landing" tricks help you not get sore? Cause i have to admit I bust my a$$ ALOT! I came home sunday with a hurt knee (nothing major) and a BLACK EYE! But I had a blast trying new stuff! And gonna be back at it on sunday again.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-20-2006, 6:42 AM Reply   
Eagle....we normally have about 6 riders in the boat, and it works out good that way for fair ride times. Gas is too expensive these days to do 12 starts and stops for the same rider in one session......plus if you fall 5 times in two minutes, you need to hit the cable park and do some swimming after those falls.....you'll lower that number FAST!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-20-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
After every weekend I ride, I'm sore. I even go to the gym 4x a week. Mostly my neck and back from falling, not legs and arms from riding....
Old     (jleger98)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-20-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
Welcome to 35! I run triathalons and I still get sore after boarding....clearly I don't do it enough! But I think part of it is how hard I ride. If I'm trying lots of new stuff, I can hardly get out of bed....till my wife pushes me out
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
Whether you go to the gym or not your using muscles you never knew you had.Im always a little sore on Mondays. Im definatly more sore on Mondays when Ive been working on new tricks and falling alot. It comes with the territory.Every time you hit the water at 25mph its like a car crash your body takes alot of punishment.