Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-18-2006, 8:42 AM Reply   
i was wondering if i could get some info on this lake, temp, any storms come over, choppy ?? packed with people anything would help thanks
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
a buddy of mine told me that there are really big water sharks there that have an appetite for wakeboarders. So.. you should not go there. These are really big water sharks.. man eating.
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-18-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
not to mention California's only lake full with gators and snakes. Stay away from Bullards, man!
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-18-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
I have been to BB. The dirt is red, and it gets EVERYWHERE. Very hard to get out of upholstery. I still have some stuck on my trailer 2.75 years later.

Tom, how goes it?
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-18-2006, 10:45 AM Reply   
It was choppy on Sunday. Its green from skin blistering algie. Dont pee in the water because they have Candiru. Google Candiru LOL

"When candirus parasitize humans, it is usually only when they are skinny-dipping while urinating in the water. The candiru tastes the urine stream and follows it back to the human. It then swims up the anus and lodges itself somewhere in the urinary tract with its spines. Blood is drawn, and the candiru gorges itself on both the blood and body tissue, its body sometimes expanding due to the amount of blood. This is all said to be very painful for the poor person who has this happen to him or her. Unfortunately, they are almost impossible to remove due to the spines. Amputation of the private areas is the cheapest, and most life-changing, way to remove the fish. Actual surgery is extremely expensive and involves inserting the Xagua plant and the Buitach apple up the urethra. These two plants kill and even dissolve the parasitic fish. If surgery is not done in time, the blockage of the urinary tract will prove fatal. The candiru is the only known vertebrate to parasitize humans.
Old     (awf_axis)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-18-2006, 2:09 PM Reply   
There is also debris in the water, put there by the indigenous life forms, such as this beaver/hound.

They hate boats, and got me one time. Prop damage.

Upload
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
thats not debris.. thats one of the water snakes that ... ummmm... umm.. eats trees!... theres 100s of those in the water there..
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-18-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
tree's and props. I hit something that time I was there, about three hours into a three day trip. Got to the campground. made camp, went out for a set, and clunk.
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2006, 8:41 PM Reply   
i heard the water snakes are the worst between august 19th thru aug 22 so you defiantly shouldnt go then.
Old    pitbull813            07-19-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
Gators and water snakes huh? Lucky you people don't live here in Florida.
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-19-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
And did you guys hear that Al Kaida is planning a JIHAD on Bullards, its true, I saw it on Discovery Channel.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-19-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
I heard that the great big hole is really to feed the creatures they used in the TV series last year "Surface"
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-19-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Dam, you all are hella funny! Sick true about that red dirt. Have fun out ther Jon.
Old     (socalf150rider)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-20-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
well thanks for the information and the jokes... but with red dirt we just picked up our new x-15 so with the light interior thats a no go for us
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-20-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
Hey Jon, just food for thought. That lake is glass, extra nice during the weekday's, Lot's of senic areas to chill, And in some areas no red dirt!, a marina for food and cold one's and gas. Here's a tip I got off Discussion Board, MR.Clean Magic Eraser's clean anything and are safe for vinal. I used em on red stains on my boat.

Enjoy!!
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-20-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
This lake is never glassy. It's a hurricane most days and there is a ton of underwater trees to avoid. Way choppy when the jet skiers are out. Even weekdays are bad. This is positively the worst lake in California. You should try Folsom. Way nicer and less crowded...and no snakes. Man those things are huge!! You should see the crowds on a weekend. You'd think you were at Boardstock. WHEW....and did I mention the fisherman with paintball guns?
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2006, 10:56 PM Reply   
Steve,

You forgot to mention how windy it gets on that lake. and how its almost impossible to avoid taking in mass amounts of water over the bow all the time