Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-18-2010, 9:57 PM Reply   
with all the bimini threads i keep seeing i cant believe i had these pics and never shared them. I thought for the person trying to save a buck this would be great. easy to put up or take down and you can find them at almost any store. why anyone would pay $800.00 on a nice custom one is beyond me. this thing is a no brainer to me.
Attached Images

Old     (patrricio)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-19-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
just look...
Attached Images

Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-19-2010, 10:34 PM Reply   
Yep, done it ourselves too. It was fun & did the trick. But doesn't mean I want to do it again.

Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-19-2010, 10:44 PM Reply   
You crack me up bill. You have done damn near everything. All for a good cause. Have fun out there.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-20-2010, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravity View Post
You crack me up bill. You have done damn near everything. All for a good cause. Have fun out there.
Give it a little time & everyone will have quite a bit under their belts too.

That trip was quite a bit of fun actually. We volunteered to be a patrol boat at the SeaFair Hydro races a bunch of years. That particular year happened to be pretty hot (for once... Seattle boaters don't need biminis usually) was sponsored heavily by Budwieser. So we're cruisin along, inside the log boom, in front of all the crowd & TV cameras & announcers... had a great front row seat. At some point the announcer called us over. Some Bud rep told us we were going to have to remove the RedHook umbrella because the event was sponsored by Anheuser Busch. I asked the guy if he had any clue who owned RedHook. He said he didn't care. I told him to go check & I'd wait for him. He came back & apologized & told us we could go on as we were.

BTW, RedHook is 45% owned by Anheuser Busch. I guess the AB distribution system delvers RedHook in quite a few states & countries thanks to the arrangement the two companies have.

Last edited by bill_airjunky; 11-20-2010 at 1:45 PM.