Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (gil1087)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-07-2009, 8:36 AM Reply   
there will be a tournament for charity on august the 8th in albany ga. cash prizes for first place finishes in each class. all benefits go to local cancer patient. let me know if your interested i can get you signed up and ready to ride. 20 bucks a rider.
Old    wakejjboard12            07-07-2009, 8:48 AM Reply   
What divisions will there be? Where can I get more info?
Old     (gil1087)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-07-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
beg, inter, advance.. do you live in albany? if say come by the dawson road pawn shop and sign up and ask any questions you might have. or feel free to call 229-639-1282
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-07-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
I will spread the word with the ALWake.com crew and see if we can get some people together and come out. If you could provide some more info that would be great... place, time, etc...

Sounds like a worthy cause!
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-07-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
Awesome - had to read the subject twice to make sure it actually said Albany, GA. I grew up there and might possibly even be in town that weekend. Where on earth are you guys going to put on the tourney? Assuming it's going to be on the Flint, Cromartie?
Old     (gil1087)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-07-2009, 9:50 AM Reply   
thanks luker thats awesome, if you get a chance try to call me 229-639-1282. do you have a lot of riders you think that would be interested? and we will be riding behind a 2004 super air 210. im trying to start it at 9 am with a riders meeting at ten. we are going to start at a local boat dock and try to do all the wakeboarding infront of the crowd on land. let me know if you can think of any good sponsors to help put up some door prizes
Old     (gil1087)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-07-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
yea david we are going to do all the wakeboarding right infront of cromartie. it would be awesome to have you come out even if you dont ride. but tell everyone you know that might be interested and tell them to come by dawson road pawn to sign up.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-07-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
I'm assuming we'll be able to sign up at the event? Most of my peeps aren't real big on pre-registration since you never know who's coming ;) we are a pretty lax crowd! If you could provide an address for mapquest directions I will get them up on our site with details about the contest.

We have used Red-Bull, Nautique and our local marina in the past for our contest sponsors, but things are tight and sponsors can be hard to come by. Monster is pretty good about coming out to just about anything, and asking a local eatery to come out and sell some food is usually pretty easy to do.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-07-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
Im sure you probably know Buck then, he probably knows alot more people down there that do it now than I do anymore. Im up here in Charlotte now. That's really cool that you guys are doing something like this though - I was going to come down the weekend before and ride but I may have to push it back now. BTW is the SAN you're referring to lime green? If so I saw yall out there last I was home. There was a few of us in Buck's green X-2.

edit: hah - timed that good, two minutes after you posted
A

(Message edited by focker on July 07, 2009)
Old     (gil1087)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-07-2009, 10:50 AM Reply   
david, yea thats my buddies san, yea i know buck real well he is going to help me judge it.
Old     (gil1087)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-07-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
luker, the boat dock is called cromartie. its albany ga 31707 i can't find an address but i would be glad to meet yall somewhere. hey if you had to judge your group on there tricks what are yall?
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-07-2009, 11:21 AM Reply   
I would guess only a handful of our group would be able to make it, but I would say 1-3 pro/outlaw riders, 1-2 advanced, and a few intermediate/beg. This is all total speculation of course, we may have something going on, or they might all bail out... u just never know.

You should talk to Jess (posted above) as well. The have a pretty big crew over at Gant and might be able to provide some more riders as well.

I will do my best to get the word out.
Old     (gil1087)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-07-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
aight luker thanks
Old    wakejjboard12            07-07-2009, 12:46 PM Reply   
Adam you guys might wanna consider a Womens Division. We have some girls that might wanna ride for sure.

I have about 5-6 intermed/beg, a few girls and maybe an advanced rider that might be down.

We did a cancer benefit in Feb that might be able to give you guys some ideas... www.cancerfreeze.webs.com

It wasn't a tourny, just a free ride thing but still check out the website may have some useful info.
Old     (gil1087)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-07-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
jessica, i would love to have a womens division, but i didnt think i would have enough to be in it. if you think for sure that you have atleast five then it sounds great. just let me know if you are for sure going to be able to make it. what age group are you talking about?
Old    wakejjboard12            07-07-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
The tournaments I've been in in the past have always had an open womens division. Anything goes for any age. We're all 21ish- 27. I'll talk to my crew and find out for sure how many peeps would be down.
Old     (gil1087)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-07-2009, 2:38 PM Reply   
awesome, well if you need anything just call, are yall near albany
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-07-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
I would throw an outlaw division in there also and would consider a grom division (under 10?). Have you decided on the class limitations (beginner - no inverts or spins, intermediate - 2 inverts, advanced - up to four inverts, etc.)? Post up an address of the location when you can for all of us out of town peeps.

Keep the details coming.
Old    wakejjboard12            07-07-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
I'm from auburn and my crew is mostly from Gantt, Al but I have several friends from Early County and Valdosta too.

1+ for a grom Div
Old     (gil1087)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-07-2009, 5:55 PM Reply   
jessica- cool, well if yall want i will for sure make a class just for yall. and like i was saying i have a couple of girls here that wanna ride in it but there not very good. i would love for yall to come down,if you have never ridden on the river it is awesome. and im sure we will take the boat out afterwards to surf or something. but just let me know what you think yall will do
Old     (gil1087)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-08-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
hey wakemania, im not sure of the street address. are you near albany? and if not i can meet you the day of the tournament somewhere near it. my cell number is 229-886-6666
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-09-2009, 9:11 PM Reply   
No problem. I'll hit you up closer to the event and maybe get directions. We are about 3 hours away and may have 2 or 3 riders if things work out.
Old     (gil1087)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-14-2009, 7:30 AM Reply   
that sounds great.. we need a lot of riders so anyone intereseted please let me know for more details. it's going to be a good turn out, i got a couple of riders that are coming from out of town that are really good
Old     (gil1087)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-21-2009, 7:01 AM Reply   
time is getting closer, please contact me to sign up and ride for charity!! it will be a fun day on the water and also plenty of fun for the kids on land with numerous games and activities