Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-12-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
Is somebody out there capable and willing to help me get this winch frame welded in Ohio? This is my last attempt before I throw in the towel and sell all the parts...

Upload

(Message edited by curtbernstein on September 12, 2008)
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-12-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
Curt do you have all the pieces cut and ready to go. I have access to pretty much any type of welder and some limited experience doing it. I have wanted to build a winch myself just never got around to it. If you have the know how and I have the tools, could we get together and make two of them. PM me if you want to try, we can fit some wakeboarding in too if you come down.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       09-12-2008, 5:23 PM Reply   
That's a good looking design, so far. Are you planning to hook that up to a car, or is it going to be a roll-around unit?

Good luck, and don't give up! Our winch build was a lot of fun.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-12-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
Actually, I do intend on adding a tail so that it hooks into a trailer hitch. I wasn't sure whether to have it bolted on or just welded on, but i think I'd like to just get it welded on..
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-12-2008, 9:45 PM Reply   
Is it steel or aluminum? By the time you get it to someone to weld it would be less expensive to find a place locally. Shipping will be expensive.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-12-2008, 9:46 PM Reply   
I got him someone in his area to weld it.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-13-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
The bottom should be open to drain. There are a few other design changes I would make, but without seeing the winch it is hard to say what. The flat plate on the back is another point I would change.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-14-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
There is no flat plate on the back, it is all open guides, the supports just angle backwards. There are only 4 parts that are flat metal. The floor, the face, and the two pieces on the side... There is going to be a splash guard between the engine and the spool.