Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    wakeboardn4life            08-07-2004, 7:06 AM Reply   
which is easyer to do first cuz im goin to try both of them this today ive been thinkin about a scarecrow cuz it sounds pretty simple i can get the air and clear ts and im really good a front flips off my boat and dock so it seems it would be easy?
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-07-2004, 7:24 AM Reply   
is there any certain way i have to turn my board before i leave the wake to do a front roll or can i do it after i leace the wake
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-07-2004, 9:26 AM Reply   
someone has to know somethin???
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-07-2004, 9:39 AM Reply   
Ts front - just bring some heat with a nice progressive edge into the wake as you get to the top of the wake take your pop straight up then throw your head down and back hand off the rope and throw it down toward the board like your going to grab it..you dont have to grab it it will just get you alittle extra rotation becasue you will need it..people tend to butt check this trick do to lack of rotation so overrotate if you can and land as far out over your toes as possible..dont look down on the landing look over ahead of where you are landing..this will stand you back up after you get way out over your toes..

good luck
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-07-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
thanxs im goin out right now to try it
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-07-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
well i tryed it and didn't land it i think i didn't rotate enough becuz when i landed i sorta landed on my board and butt also should i keep my legs extended or should i pull them in becuz when i do the roll im pullin my legs towards my chest becuz thats what im used to doin when i do a normal front flip some advise would be helpful
Old    pntless24            08-07-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
Can some one tell me how to do a heelside frontflip because ive been trying them but im not getting enough air to do it
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-07-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
dude go make your own thread
Old    leftcoastpunk            08-07-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
For a hs front flip, you need to pop first then bring your front knee up and throw your head and lead shoulder towards your back foot. Also concentrate on letting go with your back hand. Its like you are throwing the back of the board over your head. Hope this helps, it is kind of hard to explain with out showing it.
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-07-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
does anyone know anything about ts front rolls a crows
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-07-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
also does anyone have a vid i could watch cuz i plain on goin back out and tryin it agian today
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-07-2004, 4:22 PM Reply   
someone has to know somethin about ts front rolls and crows
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-07-2004, 6:59 PM Reply   
go to the tip section. but i think scarecrows are easy 1 because i can do them and 2 your body will prolly do a natural spin anyways and it looks better
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-07-2004, 7:01 PM Reply   
yah thats what i think im not over rotating like im supposed to though and should i stand tall all the way through the spin
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-08-2004, 6:20 AM Reply   
??
Old    wwsa            08-08-2004, 6:30 AM Reply   
it just depends on the rider
I learned front rolls first but all of the other guys i ride with learned the crow first

I would say the the crow is easier
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-08-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
clay, go buy detention it is a very good instructional, and second the best way to learn is to go out and actually try a couple of them. sure you'll crash a few times but after you mess up if you tell us what happened we can help you out better
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-08-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
i went out and tryed a few yesterday but when i landed i kinda landed on my butt and board at the same time like i was sittin down so am i supposed to keep my legs extended threw the whole rotation or does it matter also when i hit the wake i don't think im looking for my landing too after i rotate my mind go blank and i don't know what happens till i come to a landing i think im just not thinkin about what im supposed to do and ive been watching the trailer of waketrixs so i don't know if that will help much but i will look into getting detention and im gunna try a few more today also
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-08-2004, 12:40 PM Reply   
well i went out and tryed it about another 5 times and no go does it matter if i have a tower or not becuz im not rotating fastand or not getting enough air cuz sometimes i land on my back across the wake or on my azz so im wonder if there is a way to spin faster ?
Old     (mosdefn14)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-08-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
try posting this in trick tips maybe?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2004, 6:17 PM Reply   
yes reread my post jump straight up go late throw your head down hard then reach down hard to try to grab the board and stay tucked abit longer..sounds like your reaching for the landing with your feet,dont do that just wait a bit longer to land...

yes big wakes and a tower or pole help a lot on this trick..

if your on a smaller wake the crow may be easier ..

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-08-2004, 8:00 PM Reply   
this is why you want to learn a proper ts frontroll.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=11507
Old     (mosdefn14)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-08-2004, 8:58 PM Reply   
i want to try a superman front roll, like shane did on 12 honkeys. does anyone have any tips ;) :-)
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2004, 7:52 PM Reply   
ts frontroll requires a huge jump becuase its usually harder to get better pop toeside... big wake and tower help a lot im sure...it does on everything... but watch out cuz when u butt check trying this trick u can hit your balls and it really sucks a lot.. it sounds like youve tried it enough to have found that out, and theres only two ways to have a gaurenteed prevention of it, dont try the trick at all, or land it. so i dont know why im telling you this, just lettin you know what to expect. another thing you might wanna do to make the transition from ts frontroll to scarecrow, try doing your frontrolls with two hands on the rope all the way through the trick, good luck.
-curt
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-11-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
thanxs for the info ill try all of it
Old     (rene)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2004, 12:38 PM Reply   
They say the crow is easier.
Old    wakeboardn4life            08-11-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
yah