Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
So I know that there are people out there that probably love their enzo, but I have to get this off my chest. I took a test drive with my girlfriend saturday in a 24 foot new enzo with the sideswipe exhaust. Oh my gosh, when sitting idle not only does the thing sound like a camaro with straight pipes but the carbon monoxide coming in the boat gave me a headache that lasted until past midnight and I DON'T GET HEADACHES! I was absolutely amazied at not only how loud the boat was at idle and on plane but with the carbon monoxide factor. Has anyone else had this experience?
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
Nope. But we don't have sideswipe.
Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-24-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
you are very fortunate. that sideswipe is horrible. The other question is why didn't anyone at centurion think to put a drain up front in the bow area. How do you get the water out of there?
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-24-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
Never had that problem and have spent lots of time in the Enzo (with sideswipe)... Is it possible you're just unusually sensitive to exhaust fumes?? I've literally spent hours upon hours in a friend's Enzo (23 footer, not the 24) without any problems whatsoever.

and Centurions are supposed to have drains in the bow area... I've just heard of a few instances where someone has forgotten to install them at the factory. Haha. Dead serious on this one.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-24-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
Your dealer has the 24 footer already??

If I wake surfed a lot I could see getting it but for the one or twice a year I surf it was not worth the extra nosie. I would think to get exhaust fumes in the boat from side swipe you would have to be idling with a wind blowing the fumes into the boat?? That is a first for me the only complaint I have ever heard from side swipe is the nosie factor

(Message edited by krbaugh on July 24, 2006)
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2006, 10:08 PM Reply   
maybe you are just to old and need to get a bayliner =)
Old    4sher            07-25-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
I'm on my third Enzo with sideswipe (2 23FT and now a 24FT). I've never had a problem with exhaust, although as with all boats I've owned, I always turn the engine off when just sitting. The sideswipe is louder than the standard exhaust, but I guess I just like the Camero sound.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-25-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
I thought sideswipe was switchable. IE, the exhaust exited from the transom under normal operation, but you switched to sideswipe for surfing. Am I mistaken?
Old    4sher            07-25-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
Sideswipe is switchable, but just side to side or both sides. There is no option to have it go out the transom.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-25-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
"Is it possible you're just unusually sensitive to exhaust fumes?? "

HAHAHA

Hopefully everyone is. They can kill you!
Old     (pdxviperguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2006, 11:22 AM Reply   
it was the weirdest thing to experience. I had such high hopes for the boat after a kid I met talked it up. Dang it, I guess it's the x-star for me afterall!
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-25-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
So you did not like the boat or the exhaust?
The Side swipe is an option
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-25-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
and prob wasn't hooked up right or something. doesn't make much sense...