Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (chvywkbrdrmc205)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-12-2003, 11:17 PM Reply   
man, my dad took me and 4 friends out today, skipped 5th and 6th period at school and went to the lake for a few hours. its an obscure weekend but it was hot as hell (100+) on berryessa, no boats and pretty dang flat. my one friend has been bugging me for months about trying a 360 and i never figured i could pull one, but today i just sucked it up and tried. albeit i slowed down to 15-16mph to practice, but i gave it a cut, spun and stomped it perfect, but without the handle kinda forgot that part. i tried about 10 more, stomped like 4-5 of them good and a few ended up as 180's or flops. i never grabbed the handle, gotta work on that but damn i was SO stoked. i cant wait to start landing them with the handle, and w2w. definitely my best day yet in however long i have been riding, a few years
Old     (supersport)      Join Date: Dec 2001       09-13-2003, 12:39 AM Reply   
I feel the stoke!
Old    absolutofft            09-13-2003, 11:17 AM Reply   
oh, if you don't need to grab the handle i guess i landed a front roll on my first attempt.

feel the stoke!!!
Old    griffdizzle            09-13-2003, 4:05 PM Reply   
im not trying to kill the stoke, but the handle pass is like 80% of the 360, it is the most difficult part. landing it clean is a good start but concentrating on passing the handle and landing it clean at the same time is twice as hard. it does feel good to stomp it like that, but agonizing as you slowly sink into the water.
Old     (chvywkbrdrmc205)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2003, 12:51 AM Reply   
hell yea man, i was just stoked cuz i never figured i would be able to actually pull off the spin. im gonna try it wrapped next time, i think i could probably get that down. i didnt go for any large amount of airtime either so i think with more i could have time for the pass. im hell bent on nailing the pass now though, off to the trampoline to practice
Old    lakesideluver            09-14-2003, 6:48 PM Reply   
i think wrapped is harder, although i did land wrapped toeside first
Old    sonicr1            09-14-2003, 9:05 PM Reply   
I went out Saturday... boarded a couple times and did the usual... frustrated that I haven't done anything knew in like a month, I thought about just throwing a flip... the "pain" factor inhibeted me, so I tried a 360... The thing I remembered most from the Higher Education video was to pull the rope with both hands to your waste after you leave the wake... I landed a couple times with the rope just slipping out of my hand... I gave up after a several attempts, but I know I will get it next time I go out. My brother in law had great pictures of my handle passes... my hands are not in line...

If you get a chance use a video, or a camera to see how you are missing the rope.
Old     (chvywkbrdrmc205)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2003, 10:45 PM Reply   
yea i will definitely get a video to watch myself next time, got half way to the lake and realized, "wheres the camera, damn". ive also heard the best tip for the pass is to pull the handle to the small of your back, ill have to work on that next time out
Old    griffdizzle            09-17-2003, 7:20 PM Reply   
if you have the spin down, think of the trick as just a handle pass. like, "alright, now i'm going to do a heelside handle-pass" and concentrate on passing it, the spin will happen automatically. if you try wrapped remember to let go of the small handle well after you have left the wake.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-18-2003, 7:30 AM Reply   
Sorry. If you didn't land it with the handle, you didn't land it.

Alex is right. Go for the handle pass. Just get the rope to your other hand, and the rope tension will straighten you out so that you complete the 360. The handle pass is 80% of the 3.