Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-28-2014, 8:03 AM Reply   
So main just venting... Let me start out by saying I have a couple friends that are LEO's, they are great guys. I understand that people give them all kinds of attitude and hate on LEO's in general, unless they call them because they need assistance. That said, I think some people just become cops because they got their head flushed too many times in high school and have something to prove...

So yesterday went out to Discovery Park in Sac with my fiance and a couple of her friends. Did some wake boarding, and around 6, found a small stretch of water that was flat enough to barefoot, suited up and hopped in, get going, go around a bend and there is a Yolo County Sheriff boat with some pulled over (towards the far shoreline) there was a ton of room between them and shore, but they got on the radio yelling to "slow your vessel down", mind you I am behind the boat footing... Is there a law/rule about speed around a sheriff boat? Needless to say she had to drop me, which sucked because it was the only good water I got, or would get all day. After that, it was idiot fest with jet skiers and boat with tubes following way to close behind when I was pulling people wake boarding, yet the cops seemed to not mind that. I gave a couple jet skiers a piece of my mind about following that close when I was pulling someone....

So a couple hours later, here comes the pig patrol, to the Discovery Park launch ramp, my friends on the Yolo County Sheriff boat. I dont even know what they were doing down there, I thought it was all Sac jurisdiction. But he was yelling at people at dusk about their boat nav lights, then while we were waiting to get on the doc, a spot opens up, he floors it, almost hits me, sends wakes out, then jacks my spot... Im assuming he was attempting to "help" out the armed park rangers (2 cars of them) plus Sac (not sure if it was PD or Sheriff) with 1 homeless drunk dude. So thats 4 LEO not including the Yolo county boat guys with the situation under control. After 2 of Yolo county piggies waddled half way up the ramp, the on scene LEO's looked at them like WTF, and sent them back to their boat... Then they sat on their boat taking up dock space watching everyone load out.... So frustrating sometimes... End rant....