Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-13-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I am looking at a 2002 Moomba mobius V and was looking for some input. I searched on here and found alot on the LSV but not much on just the plain V. Just curious what some thoughts are. It seems like a good deal at around 19K with less than 200 hours. This would be out first V drive and would be keeping it for a while. Thoughts or input?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-13-2010, 9:02 AM Reply   
The mobius V is a great boat. I had a 2000 and it was awesome. It throws a very consistan wake that can get quite large. With the playpen seating you can fit the 1100# sack in the front and 500's in the rear. You will have a great wake with all the ballast hidden. The boat is bigger and deeper than the LSV as well. There really is no comparison. The Mobius V is a much, much better boat than the LSV.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-13-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
Those are nice boats, and that price looks solid. Do you know which motor it has? Some of those had the carb motor, I believe.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-13-2010, 2:30 PM Reply   
Unfortunately no Perfect pass or ballast. Kinda of changes things. The guy says it throws a great wake without it, but heard that before.
Old     (docdrs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-13-2010, 3:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skongolf View Post
Unfortunately no Perfect pass or ballast. Kinda of changes things. The guy says it throws a great wake without it, but heard that before.
yes , once you've had them theres no turning back.......you can always add pp stargazer and ballast tho....there are some great articles on how to
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-13-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
For about 2-2.5k you can get PP stargazer and triple ballast done exactly how you want it. that puts you at 20-22k for a nicely equipped really low hour vdrive. If it has the fuel injected engine and hydraulic wake plate that is an outstanding deal and boat.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-13-2010, 6:50 PM Reply   
hey i know personally the boat u are talking about. the family only took the boat out maybe 3 times a year since they have owned it. and i would say its a good deal. i offered the guy 12k cash a couple of days ago. he thought about it. but later said he could not go that low. good luck

Last edited by azwakekid; 11-13-2010 at 6:53 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-14-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by azwakekid View Post
hey i know personally the boat u are talking about. the family only took the boat out maybe 3 times a year since they have owned it. and i would say its a good deal. i offered the guy 12k cash a couple of days ago. he thought about it. but later said he could not go that low. good luck
I wanted to PM you about it, but the site is not letting me. What did you think about it? Any issues? The guys is supposed to send more pics, but I havn't got them yet and I seriously don't think it will be around long. If you can PM me with your thoughts.
Thanks
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-14-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
Get a quote on perfect pass and some ballast and just deduct that from what you were previously willing to pay. I'm pretty sure onlyinboards sells both, so should be pretty easy to figure out what it would cost.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-16-2010, 4:06 PM Reply   
Well I went and took a look at it today. For 200 hrs it looked pretty good but had some rough patches too.
Here is what I saw and tell me what you guys think. Bottom of the hull was pretty good, no major scrapes or gouges. Paint looked good, not to faded at all, but alot of water spots. Tons of storage and has the playpen bow. The motor is an Indmar but it is carbed, not EFI. Looked like there was some rust on the carb fittings. It also had a 4 blade prop, but I am not sure if that is standard. The major concerns I had were: Huge spider cracks around the gas filler(well about 8-10 inches each direction, the swim deck had a pretty good crack on the side, all the molding along the floor to the seats was coming off, 9 or 10 tears in the uhpolstry(SP), No stabilizer fins underneath (not sure if thats a bid deal). Trailer had a blowout at some point so I know what that can do to spindles, skid pad on swim step was a little torn up, there was a ding or small bend in one of the prop blade lips, a couple other spider cracks here and there, and no cover..
Anyway, it is hard to decide. It definately needs a good detail and some repairs plus the ballast and perfect pass. So just curious if I should just go way low and see what happens of pass until something else comes up. Any idea how good these are on gas?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-16-2010, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well I went and took a look at it today. For 200 hrs it looked pretty good but had some rough patches too.
Here is what I saw and tell me what you guys think. Bottom of the hull was pretty good, no major scrapes or gouges. Paint looked good, not to faded at all, but alot of water spots. Tons of storage and has the playpen bow. The motor is an Indmar but it is carbed, not EFI. Looked like there was some rust on the carb fittings. It also had a 4 blade prop, but I am not sure if that is standard. The major concerns I had were: Huge spider cracks around the gas filler(well about 8-10 inches each direction, the swim deck had a pretty good crack on the side, all the molding along the floor to the seats was coming off, 9 or 10 tears in the uhpolstry(SP), No stabilizer fins underneath (not sure if thats a bid deal). Trailer had a blowout at some point so I know what that can do to spindles, skid pad on swim step was a little torn up, there was a ding or small bend in one of the prop blade lips, a couple other spider cracks here and there, and no cover..
Anyway, it is hard to decide. It definately needs a good detail and some repairs plus the ballast and perfect pass. So just curious if I should just go way low and see what happens of pass until something else comes up. Any idea how good these are on gas?
Mine had a carb motor and I think it ran better than most people's EFI engine's. It warmed up in less than a minute or 2 and fired up the first or second time everytime. That is weird there are spider cracks around the gas fill. I wonder if the screws weren't correctly drilled? I would repair the platform yourself and then have it linexed. My platform was linexed and I loved it. You will have to fix the prop. If you have a prop shop do it you can expect about $150. I think I saw someone mention you are in Arizona. Have someone in Mexico make all the seat skins. It will probably be less than 1k. Mine didn't have tracking fins. I didn't think it was a big deal. I thought the 01 or 02 had them though. Maybe that was 03? The boat you are describing isn't worth 19k in my opinion. I would offer 15k. Then you could spend 1k on new upholstery, 1k on ballast, 1200 on PP and then another 1k on random fixes/cleaning. At that point you are into the boat around 20k and have a very nice wakeboarding boat. I think 17k might be the most I would go on that boat the way you are describing it.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-17-2010, 5:03 AM Reply   
Rodney says he offered the guy 12 and he considered it, I would initially offer 13,500 and see if he bites, if not I wouldn't go higher than 15.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-17-2010, 5:20 AM Reply   
The condition of the interior would be the biggest question for me. Replacing that could be pricey. That being said, if what he describes as rips are just seams, those can probably be repaired.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-17-2010, 5:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by illini88 View Post
The condition of the interior would be the biggest question for me. Replacing that could be pricey. That being said, if what he describes as rips are just seams, those can probably be repaired.
Unfortunately the rips ore not on the seams, they are on the tops of the seats. None are bigger than a quarter. I know it would be a great first v drive with a little elbow grease and some extra cash, just do not want to take over someone elses problems. Gonna take the GF to look at it again today or tomorrow and see what she thinks. Biggest issues to me are the cracks around the gas filler and small ding in the prop.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-17-2010, 6:26 AM Reply   
I'd pass man. Sounds like a lot of nit picking that will add up to a lot of work and money in the long run.. I had the carb'd indmar in my boat and I loved it - ran strong and always started. But I wouldn't want to deal with all of the issues. It's a good boat for like $14k if you have an extra $3500 sitting around to fix the issues and put in ballast and perfect pass. I'd just try to find another good deal that is clean and enjoy it nad not spend summer #1 working on it.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-17-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Unfortunately the rips ore not on the seams, they are on the tops of the seats. None are bigger than a quarter. I know it would be a great first v drive with a little elbow grease and some extra cash, just do not want to take over someone elses problems. Gonna take the GF to look at it again today or tomorrow and see what she thinks. Biggest issues to me are the cracks around the gas filler and small ding in the prop.
If the seams are in good shape and the bulk of the vinyl is as well you may be ok. little tears that size can be fixed and I would guess 10 of them would probably cost 250-500 to repair. If the prop has just a small ding I wouldn't be too worried. Just get it fixed. A small ding isn't the same as having all the underwater gear ripped off. If the only spider cracks are around the gas fill I wouldn't be too worried. It is an 8 year old boat and if there aren't any around the tower mounts that is good.

I think we might have different idea's on a boat in bad shape. Everything you listed seems like very small cosmetic type blemishes that can be fixed easily and relatively cheap. You should be able to fix the vinyl, prop, platform and have the boat detailed all for under 1k. That isn't that much money/time invested into an 8 year old boat.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-17-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
I would have to agree with Brett on this one. All of the issues stated seem to be pretty small cosmetic issues. It will be very hard to find a v-drive around the same year for anywhere close to that price. Sure you will find some in better shape and with more options, but you will pay an extra $8k or more. If the price was right I would actually enjoy spending the winter cleaning up some of the small issues and adding different options, but that's just me.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-17-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. I am not trying to nit pick but I am pretty much gonna be paying all cash so I wont have alot left over to do the extras right away. I feel like as long as it runs good and has a decent wake without the ballast It would probly work for a couple years. The guy basically said if he gets an offer in the next couple days I can match or beat it since he knows I am interested. Yeah, and I know how that goes, he may just throw something at me to get me to beat it, but I know what I would pay and I won't go over it. So we'll see what happens. If I had my current boat sold it would be a no brainer for me.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-17-2010, 2:38 PM Reply   
at 12 or 13 maybe but 19 no way. Too many issues and to get the ballast and PP which you will NEED or regret not getting. You can find about the same year san, or Xstar 205v or wakesetter for a bit more say 26-29. I know thats a fair bit more but just putting that out there for you to think about.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-17-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
It would be tough to find a more solid wake boat for $15K or less and if you want to get a v-drive on a budget make an initial offer south of there and see where it goes. The stuff is all repairable and you can decide if you want a like new finish and spend the dollars at a dealer or live with some of the imperfections or make some less costly fixes using non-boat upholstery shops and the like and fixing some of the stuff yourself. If your budget is around $20K, I would probably pass and hold out for an EFI with tracking fins - you can't swap engines or hulls on a budget. I have had carbed engines before - not an Idmar, but don't think I could ever go back to a carb.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-17-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
at 12 or 13 maybe but 19 no way. Too many issues and to get the ballast and PP which you will NEED or regret not getting. You can find about the same year san, or Xstar 205v or wakesetter for a bit more say 26-29. I know thats a fair bit more but just putting that out there for you to think about.
I will probably get flack for this but I would rather have a 2002 Mobius V with low hours, brand new PP, brand new triple ballast setup the way I want it and have all the little things cleaned/fixed for 20k than a typical 01/02 Xstar for 25k+. The Mobius V is a much bigger boat. It is fairly comfortable with 8-10 where the Xstar gets small with any more than 6 or 7. The Mobius V can have 2200#'s of ballast all hidden neatly in the storage compartments and the boat is weighted perfectly like this. The Xstar has lots of room in the rear compartments but the only way to get a bunch of extra weight in the front to match the rear ballast is to add lead or bags exposed in the bow. The Mobius V will ride much better in rough water. The Mastercraft will probably hold it's value slightly better and can probably produce a better wake when ridiculously loaded. The fit and finish is obviously better in the Mastercraft but I personally don' think that is a big deal. Basically what I am getting at is for me the Moomba is a much more usable boat for 5k+ less than the Mastercraft. Plus I can bring more of my friends along.

Now if you compared it to the SAN210 for about 25k that would be tougher because of the hull effeciency of the SAN. I still might lean towards the Moomba though because of the size.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-17-2010, 7:13 PM Reply   
The mobius v is a nice boat. It's not as nice as the x-star, but if the values we are putting on these is $20k for the Moomba and $25k for the xstar, I'm not sure the x-star is inherently 25% nicer.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-18-2010, 5:01 AM Reply   
If you could get it for less than 15, I think that is a good deal. Echoing Brett, most of the things you have listed are minor in the grand scheme of things. The carb'd motor would be the biggest negative for me, but I would stay on top of the maintenance and just deal with it. Any boat that is 8 years old is going to have some cosmetic issues, unless it sat in a garage the whole time and never got used. A motor with less than 200 hrs is going to be hard to find in a 2002, especially if you can lowball the guy.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-18-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks for the input guys. I am not trying to nit pick but I am pretty much gonna be paying all cash so I wont have alot left over to do the extras right away. I feel like as long as it runs good and has a decent wake without the ballast It would probly work for a couple years. The guy basically said if he gets an offer in the next couple days I can match or beat it since he knows I am interested. Yeah, and I know how that goes, he may just throw something at me to get me to beat it, but I know what I would pay and I won't go over it. So we'll see what happens. If I had my current boat sold it would be a no brainer for me.
The wake on that boat sucks with no ballast.. I have the same boat for 2 years.. You'll need at LEAST 1500 lbs of ballast in that to be something you'll enjoy riding.

With THAT being said - you should be able to pick up 3 used sacks and a pump for about $150-$200 that will "get you by" until you have money to integrate a full system.. But you won't be happy with it without ballst, I'm almost sure.. But if you don't mind filling sacks with an external pump, you can buy it all cheap and used..

If you dont' have extra $$ to spend on all of the stuff - I'd just find a boat that doesn't need work and options. It will be a lot easier to spend $50 per month on extra payment than it will be to spend $500 a month on upgrading the boat.. make sense? If you just go find a boat that has everything you want, you can finance and spread out those upgrades..

I did the same thing as you are talking about. Bought a stripped down boat and tried to add everything. After about a month of dicking around with it - I wished I had just bought a loaded boat and had a larger loan. I spent two solid years adding tower, stereo, ballast, etc.. It was expensive and it was a lot of work. Working on your boat is fun - SOMETIMES.. But it's also fun to get out on the water, flip a switch and fill ballast, set the perfect pass and take sets.. I'd rather ride than work on my boat..

Just my .02 - I was in the same position you were, bought the stripped down project and regretted it. My Moomba was a GREAT boat and I loved it to death - but I still wished I would have bought something fully loaded.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-18-2010, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
The wake on that boat sucks with no ballast.. I have the same boat for 2 years.. You'll need at LEAST 1500 lbs of ballast in that to be something you'll enjoy riding.

With THAT being said - you should be able to pick up 3 used sacks and a pump for about $150-$200 that will "get you by" until you have money to integrate a full system.. But you won't be happy with it without ballst, I'm almost sure.. But if you don't mind filling sacks with an external pump, you can buy it all cheap and used..

If you dont' have extra $$ to spend on all of the stuff - I'd just find a boat that doesn't need work and options. It will be a lot easier to spend $50 per month on extra payment than it will be to spend $500 a month on upgrading the boat.. make sense? If you just go find a boat that has everything you want, you can finance and spread out those upgrades..

I did the same thing as you are talking about. Bought a stripped down boat and tried to add everything. After about a month of dicking around with it - I wished I had just bought a loaded boat and had a larger loan. I spent two solid years adding tower, stereo, ballast, etc.. It was expensive and it was a lot of work. Working on your boat is fun - SOMETIMES.. But it's also fun to get out on the water, flip a switch and fill ballast, set the perfect pass and take sets.. I'd rather ride than work on my boat..

Just my .02 - I was in the same position you were, bought the stripped down project and regretted it. My Moomba was a GREAT boat and I loved it to death - but I still wished I would have bought something fully loaded. Good luck - if you can buy that thing cheap - it would be a good deal.. Just be sure you consider all of your options.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-18-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
I sound like a Moomba hater.. I'm not.. I loved my boat and I'll bet you would love that one - if you DO buy it - just be sure that you can afford all of the upgrades you want.

Or better yet - if you agree to a purchase price of $15k - take out a loan for $17k so you can get it set up the way you want right off the bat ratehr than waiting a couple years..

its' a great boat - no question.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-18-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
Whatever I do, It will be a cash deal. Too hard for me to get a loan right now but I do understand what you guys are saying. I actually have 5 ballast bags so adding some temporary ballast wont be a huge deal. Gonna go take one more look today and then go from there. Like I said though its gonna be cash or nothing.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-18-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Whatever I do, It will be a cash deal. Too hard for me to get a loan right now but I do understand what you guys are saying. I actually have 5 ballast bags so adding some temporary ballast wont be a huge deal. Gonna go take one more look today and then go from there. Like I said though its gonna be cash or nothing.
You'll be happy with the wake with weight in it. If you're paying cash - it's a great boat to buy. I wouldnt' pay more than $15k for it in that condition though. You can find a clean one with PP for under $20k if you search.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-18-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by illini88 View Post
The mobius v is a nice boat. It's not as nice as the x-star, but if the values we are putting on these is $20k for the Moomba and $25k for the xstar, I'm not sure the x-star is inherently 25% nicer.
It would be if the X star has full auto ballast and PP. To be fair the mobius is a bigger boat.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-18-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
For what it's worth, I don't place too high a value on the ballast systems on the early wake boats. Most were small and slow, and it's questionable as to whether 8-10 year old pumps will all work. I looked at a bunch of boats in that age range, and with many, I felt I was just buying a thru-hull and maybe the switches.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       11-18-2010, 12:28 PM Reply   
^^ so true - but the value of a ballast system is really the thru hulls, wiring/switches and the hoses run.. The pumps and sacks are easy..
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-18-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
i paid 20k out the door for my 03 LSV. upgraded hidden ballast and PP. also had a sub and a few other extras with it. gelcoat and seats were all near perfect. had colored hull and paint matched trailer too with chrome rims. 146 hours.

id pass or make an offer WAY lower. seats covers are rediculously expensive. PP aint cheap, and pumps and fittings add up too.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-18-2010, 1:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss View Post
i paid 20k out the door for my 03 LSV. upgraded hidden ballast and PP. also had a sub and a few other extras with it. gelcoat and seats were all near perfect. had colored hull and paint matched trailer too with chrome rims. 146 hours.

id pass or make an offer WAY lower. seats covers are rediculously expensive. PP aint cheap, and pumps and fittings add up too.
Although it sounds like you got a pretty good deal the Mobius LSV in that era is not comparable to the Mobius V in that era. The Mobius V produces a much better wake and is quite a bit bigger.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-18-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
ive read all your chest pounding posts on the V, and ill put my LSV up against its wake any day. especially lb for lb of ballast, ill get pics up.
just about any boat is larger than a pre 06 LSV thats not saying much
some of us have a small crew, for me its just me and my gf. but we can bring friends and family any time and never use the bow.

fyi, my LSV interior is larger than a A22 and the 08 21' wakesetter. ive measure all 3 personally.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-19-2010, 3:25 PM Reply   
Well I went and looked again today and took a few pics of the problem areas. The guy wasnt there so I was able to look at it alot more closely. The thing is pretty darn dirty which makes me wonder how well he took care of it. Again I know low hours but there is quite a bit to be done. Also noticed it had no depth gauge which I consider a must. Anyway here are some pics of the issues. Any idea on if they even need to be fixed? Especialy the swim deck and spider cracks around the gas cap. The first pic is of a rubber trim piece that goes around the interior of the boat that is coming loose all the way around. Others are pretty much self explanitory.
Attached Images

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-19-2010, 8:01 PM Reply   
yikes. was it hit by a semi? or a bus? which one?

i owned a '82 SN2001 for my first wake boat 2 years ago. the hour meter was locked up at 1346 when i bought it. it was in WAY better condition than those pics you just posted.

as exciting as a new boat is (and can make you ignore your gut, and the obvious) id pass and keep looking.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-19-2010, 9:24 PM Reply   
Although I think that all the dings/dents/tears look like fairly minor or cosmetic blemishes the amount of them and what looks like pure neglect, especially for a boat with on 200 hours I am going to probably agree with Corey. The boat just looks really neglected and who knows what other problems you could end up with. Unless you can get the boat for really cheap I would probably pass on it. If you do decide to offer I would have the boat checked out with a fine tooth comb. One thing nice is that boat is incredibly simple so if the engine and transmission check out good there isn't a lot of really expensive problems that could occur.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-20-2010, 7:13 AM Reply   
Rodney said mechanically it was pretty sound, but the neglect is definately a concern. My GF couldn't beleive how dirty it was, plu alot of the other stuff at the house was trashed. Kinda had crap everywhere, green pool, quads everywhere. So how good did they take care of it. Also forgot to mention some trailer issues which really bugged me. My current boat I have had to spend more on the trailer that the boat itself. My budget is 15K max at this time and that was for something that probly needed nothing right away. Bad thing about AZ is boats with this low of hours do not roll around that often. Thanks again for all the input guys, I appreciate it.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-20-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
Wow was just in the same position as OP. Budget was 15k and went and checked out a Malibu vlx. Sounded great on paper and looked great in the pictures. But when I checked it out in person, that all went out the window. There were plenty of minor issues and a few potential major issues. On top of that, the owner came across as someone who ran things into the ground...fun to hang out with, but not the person to be buying a boat from.

Based on all the minor problems at such low hours of usage, I'm sure there will be some major issues down the road. If you're extremely mechanically inclined, go for it otherwise be prepared for some big additional costs in the next few years.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-20-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
The thing certainly isn't perfect, but it doesn't look that bad. How well does the red gell shine on it? I can't tell from the pics, but I'd think a boat out in AZ that had been seriously neglected would look fairly chalky. Other than the nicks on the interior, how did it look? Did it seem dried out from the sun? The thing certainly isn't worth $19k, but I don't think $15k is probably too far off. Finding a cherry v-drive under $15k will not be easy, and the odds of finding one with tower, ballast, and perfect pass for under $15k will be almost impossible. That being said, I agree with the statement above about going with your gut.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-20-2010, 11:38 AM Reply   
It deffinately needs to be buffed out. Lots of water spots and some oxidation on the bow and the interior needs some serious cleaning. Stains on the carpet everywhere, and the vinyl has some stains they probly wont come out. Gonna think on it today and see what happens. Like I said if I spend my 15K budget just on the boat as is, its gonna be a year before I could do anything else to it. I totally agree that it is hard to find a decent v drive under 15k but I am kind of thinking I can save another 3 or 4 months and find something for 19-20 that has everything I want.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-20-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
"ive read all your chest pounding posts on the V"

Good stuff