Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (popkarma)      Join Date: May 2008       07-06-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
hey guys. I have landed a lot of these but the other half of the time im nowhere near grabbing the handle. i spin on axis and go huge and usually ride away without the handle. Im a thin guy but i have more muscle than some guys and girls that spin 7s and stuff and i cant figure it out. the books says to take the straight up pop, which i do, and lean away from the boat to resist the pull...which seems like it would create more tension. point is im pulling on that thing so hard and still cant get the slack i see in videos. when i land it im just muscling it the whole way through.
Old     (dustin_w)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-09-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
Try letting off of the cut shortly before the wake, that should release some of the tension. Spinning a little later may help too. Are you passing at the small of your back, or lower?
Old     (popkarma)      Join Date: May 2008       07-10-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
i pass at the small of my back. it boggles my mind because i do let off and i take it straight up with the ollie edge, i leave for vacation for a month starting saturday. i will post videos when i can.
Old     (liquidmarcus)      Join Date: May 2004       07-17-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
Really focus on giving the handle a solid pull to your back hip once you are in the air, that will help loosen the tension and the board will follow.
Old     (wakemandan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-17-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
Justin, Its because you stink at wakeboarding.

Haha just kidding, i have yet to land one this season either. We need to get out together man!