Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-25-2014, 6:54 AM Reply   
man , my head is swimming , I didn't think buy a different boat would be this much work, too many boats out there to choose from , how do you narrow it down or is this all splitting hairs should I just buy one and go from there?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-25-2014, 7:18 AM Reply   
I get this question often in my line of work.
Sadly most people buy the wrong boat first time out.
What I suggest is that you define your needs honestly. What will the boat be used for the most. Be precise and realistic. What will be the real day to day duty for the boat and where will it operated and stored. How and by whom will it be used?
This info will help to pick a make, model year range and trim level.
Go get a boat ride to confirm this really is the boat you want.
Is your budget realistic?
Somehow in this process you will figure out exactly what boat you want including colors and hours. Now go shop country wide for the exact boat.
Anything else is daydreaming over pretty pictures. Anyway you do it, it sure is a nice problem to have.
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-25-2014, 7:32 AM Reply   
Not sure if your buying new or used but two things that made my final decision easier were the dealer and resale value. My dealer has exceeded expectations with service and advise after the sale. They are also active in the community and support local events including both Wake the World days we have here. The resale side was also big as I the budget boat I was looking at did not hold value as well as the boat I ended up with.
Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-25-2014, 11:24 AM Reply   
I don't know really what im going to do most with it. im stepping up from a 69 glasspar so anything will be an improvement. right now I ski and pull the kids on the tube. ive been up on a wakeboard a few times and want to try that and surfing. I've been looking at an 01 calabria but there are so many other boats for sale I don't know if im better off spending a little more and getting a x-30, or an avalanche or a hurricane, the list goes on and on. im going to stay under 25 if I can 30 is the max but hat has to include shipping it here. I don't have much for dealers around me as our season is so short not too many people wakeboard.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-25-2014, 1:15 PM Reply   
find something that does it all fairly well. MC 205v, Nautique 210 or a sanger v210. buy one thats a few years older and it will hold resale value as well as give you opportunity to find out what you really like to do. will be a night and day upgrade and will be within your budget.
Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-26-2014, 6:26 PM Reply   
I just made an offer for an 02 x30 we'll see, if not ill look at the 01 Calabria again.
Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-27-2014, 5:43 AM Reply   
my biggest fear with the Calabria is It wont hold its value if I want a different boat in a few years.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-29-2014, 7:56 PM Reply   
Do you want direct drive or V drive?
Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-30-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
I don't want the engine in the middle of the boat , it takes up too much room, I have lots of kids and my dog running all over the place, so that would be a v drive?
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-31-2014, 4:15 AM Reply   
yes - v drive.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-31-2014, 6:59 AM Reply   
You asked in anothher thread about a 2000 san. This is the surf wake of one.

Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-31-2014, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brichter14 View Post
You asked in anothher thread about a 2000 san. This is the surf wake of one.

how is the wake for wake boarding, ive seen some comments that its really steep.
Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-31-2014, 10:41 AM Reply   
that looks awesome to me
Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-31-2014, 10:46 AM Reply   
what do you think about the sanger 215
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-31-2014, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by padawaan View Post
what do you think about the sanger 215
where are you located? I have a mastercraft 230 i'm selling if thats on your radar. same as x30 comes with fat sacs
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-31-2014, 11:13 AM Reply   
I like my 215, puts out a pretty decent surf wave. Pretty good all around boat for us, but when sacked out for surfing I wish it had a little more freeboard. That's basically my only gripe with the sanger 215
Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-31-2014, 2:15 PM Reply   
can you surf one person on each side of the wake, does anyone use a jet ski to jump your wake, if no one is surfing, my son wants to know.
Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-31-2014, 7:34 PM Reply   
im in wyomng
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-31-2014, 7:48 PM Reply   
San wakeboard wake is legendary. Its firm and steep if you weight it down. Light ballast and its rampy and forgiving. X30 makes a nice surf wake. Neither will be able to surf both sides at same time