Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-08-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
400 HP, new engine and tranny. This would be replacing an 01 X-star. Good move, or bad move?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-08-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
Nice boats if their equipped right.

I'm not much of a fan of the Illusion tower or the Hammerhead. The Illusions were made by Metcraft, same bozo company who made POS towers for Calabria & Tige. Now their out of business because their quality sucks. The Illusions tend to go thru bushings & pin inserts, especially when you load them up with gear.
The Hammerhead has gobs of torque. But they tend to use oil..... like a quart or two every tank of gas. Just the nature of the beast.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-08-2010, 1:02 PM Reply   
If that is the VLX with the 98 in beam it might be worth it but if its the 93 inch beam vlx I would not do it.
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-08-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Love my '07 VLX, traded up from an '04 Nauti 210. I haven't had any issues with my Illusion tower, so no complaints so far. The boat has been great. There is a 3-year difference in my trade, so there were obvious improvements made to the VLX over that time period. The quality of the BU is great and I like the deep interior more than the shallow Nautiques.

I'd say go for it and don't look back...
Old     (adam4x4)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-08-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
How come the new engine and tranny??? was there that many hours on it??? it's just an 05.