Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (smknsmly)      Join Date: May 2007       07-20-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
I picked one up pretty cheap on ebay, instead of spending a lot on a newer board. I figured it would be fun and a big step from my old Obrien Custom and Hyperlite Motive. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet. :-(

Anybody ride one full time?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-20-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
I rode one full time last season and progressed a lot on it. It has nice pop, smooth landings and is a really fun board. I had a tough time with my toeside on it, so I switched to a Faction this year to get my basics back in order. I haven't ridden as much the last few years and needed to get back to the fundamentals. Overall a great board though. Enjoy it!
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-20-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
I enjoy it.. i dont own one.. but my buddy rides one full time. if he isnt skating.. but he loves it.. super good, predictable pop.. relatively smooth landing. the only thing i dont like is how weird the ollie is on it.. just because you have no tail to push off of
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       07-20-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
I have been on the Fish for over two years and I really like it. The wide board pops well and lands soft. The swing weight is low so it's great for spinning. And the beveled edge makes sliding it really easy.

The board bites in on edge but the fins are forgiving on landings and make surface tricks easy.

I love my Fish!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-20-2008, 3:46 PM Reply   
LF! bring back the Fish
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-20-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
ant, I've been wanting to demo the fish for a while and never got a chance, someone told me to talk to you about that?

looks like a fun shape.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-20-2008, 4:12 PM Reply   
Trevor ~ The Fish is my favorite board. The Shane is up there too, but I can't put it pass the Fish. I have two 129's and wont be riding for a while, so you can def ride one of them. Hit me up. I'm in Citrus Heights and work in Fairfield so I drive right passed you.

I heard from a little birdie that LF is coming out with a new board that is shaped after/like the Fish. Maybe in 09 will have a new Fish to ride.
Old     (rhett_true_session_board_riders)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-20-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
the key word i keep seeing is fun and i would have to agree. edges nicely and the landings are soft. breaks loose easily which makes it fun to slide in the flats and carve the wake. i was pumped when stephen snagged it. stephen we need to throw the 3ds on it.
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       07-20-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
sorry to change the topic but does anyone ride a fish without the middle 2 fins? I've ridden my friends a bunch of times with all 8 fins on there and i always feel too locked in....idn to each there own but ive always enjoyed my witness over the fish.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-20-2008, 9:01 PM Reply   
Rhett, throw the 3DS's on it. I wouldn't mind picking up a 133 at some point too, mine is a 137, but I am pretty tall and I thought the longer board would work better for me since I bought it for my full time board.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-20-2008, 9:51 PM Reply   
i didnt mind it. kinda hard to ride.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-21-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
don't hit sliders it will break in a day. Piece of garbage in my mind.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       07-21-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
Brian; my brother in law has the 137 and with the center fins out it's really good. He's the best of our crew on surface 180's and considering he weighs around 240 that's a pretty big accomplishment.
Old     (wakechica)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
my boyfriend has one that we picked up but it doesn't have any fins, does anyone know where I can get some fins for it?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-22-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
Maybe put a call into LF and see if they can get you some. Otherwise, I think the fins are same as the ones on the Shane and some of the other LF boards.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       07-22-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
not the same at all, the shane is cupped and plastic while the fish is glass and angled.
Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-22-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
is the fish anything like the hyperlite imperial? I hated the imperial. It road funny.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-22-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
I may be wrong here but the Imperial seems like it would ride similiar to the 05 or 06 era. the fish seems like its incomparable to other boards.

Ant~ I'll probobly be heading up to ultimate watersports in fairfield [that's where you work right?] because I recently tore my murray bindings now it's like wearing flip flips when I ride.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       07-22-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
I think the Fish compares pretty well to the Shane and also to the Lyman. Wide profile, with 8 smaller cupped fins. I haven't ridden those two boards, but I have compared side by side and they are pretty similar.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-22-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
My bad, I thought the Fish had cupped fins on it.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       07-22-2008, 2:29 PM Reply   
LF refers to the fin configuration as 'QC' for quad-canted. The removable fins do sort of look cupped, but I guess really they are flat on the inside surface, not concaved or truly cupped. They do grip very well for how small they are.
Upload
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
Trevor ~ That's right. Let me know a day before you come so I can bring my Fish in for you.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
The only board that compares to the Fish is the Shane. When Shane made his new deck in 06 they took some features (if you will) from the Fish.

Like Trevor said..... nothing really rides like a Fish though.