Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-27-2008, 7:57 AM Reply   
I'm looking at either one of these boards and was wondering what people thought of them. I've ridden the Hampson but was wondering how the control stood up to it.
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-27-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
Ive never rode either but i know people break the controls pretty easily on the other hand the hampson holds up well but it will start deleaming but you can sand that off and reseal it
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-27-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
both are great boards. i rode both for a while last year. the hampson has more side to side concave that starts more in the middle of the board while the control has the concave pushed out to the edge. i preferred the hampson because i felt the concave more and it helped me set my edge easier.

if you are spending that much money and want a wood board that will last forever check out Sattelyte and Oak wakeskates. They are rider owned and Oak is built in North Carolina and Sattelytes are made in canada. no china wood. The new sattelyte decks seem sick. great shapes.
Old     (toxis)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-27-2008, 11:18 PM Reply   
Well, if you look at last year's models, you can get a control for 90-100 shipped or a hampson for 170ish. Can you get a sattelyte or oak for close to that? I know a lot of people have total "wood" for integrity too but they're steep.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-28-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
Wow Toxis you are a "tool". I've looked into the Oak and New wakeskates. The intregrity look really good too. Their balance system sounds like a really good idea. The only problem is I'm on a budget so the 08 LF's are more on my budget level. I'm leaning toward the Hampson. My local shop has one so I'll probably get that one to support my local shop. Plus its on sale. I really want the LF MOD but its out of my price range right now.
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-28-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
you can get an oak for 100
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-29-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
Where can you get an Oak for 100?
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-29-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
Ebay
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-01-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
no it's acually a store go onto wakeskating.com and ask there