Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-07-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
Currently these are my two choices for boards. Open to any suggestions though. I would like to know if they are similar. I heard that the Shane can go into the flats can the Watson? Also which has more pop?

Thanks in advance.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-07-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
I bought the watson when it first came out and realized it was too slow and didn't track as well as I would like it to so I took it back for the shane. I loved the shane, it hauled ass and had great pop. the watson was a good board, but it didn't fit my style of riding. I couldn't tell you which one has more pop...but I can tell you the shane is a kick ass board.
Old     (quickpilot1010)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-07-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
the rider takes the board into the flats, the board doesnt decide for itself whether it wants to go into the flats, any board can go into the flats

go with the shane
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-07-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
Does the Ronix One have as much speed as the shane?
Old     (tigebob)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-07-2007, 9:28 PM Reply   
I demoed both the shane and the watson, I loved the shane, imo the shane had more pop, tracks well, and is very fast....
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-08-2007, 5:17 AM Reply   
there is an '07 shane for sale on here for cheap. check it out.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-08-2007, 6:03 AM Reply   
I have only ridden the Watson once. I bought the Shane a few weeks ago, but have only ridden it once as well. Here's my opinion from the limited time I was on each board.....

Both had about the same pop as far as I could tell. The Shane is a little faster than the Watson. Both are loose when the board is flat, so surface spins are easy on both boards. However, when on edge I felt that the Shane tracked much better than the Watson. The Watson has more of a variable rolled edge similar to the Fish, but not as drastic. The Shane has a more pronounced edge that give you a little more grip when on edge. Both the Shane and the Watson land super soft.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
I need a 132 shane or 130 watson. I saw the 07 Shane but it's a 140.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
I liked the Watson when I demoed them. It was slower so you could load the line much harder and still go wake to wake. Slower=more pop
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-08-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
I went with the Shane over the Watson, but if you have the chance demo both and see which one suits your riding style better. The Ronix One rides much different then both of them as it is a very aggressive 3 stage rocker.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
They're all aggressive 3 stage boards. Is the one as fast as the Shane or similar?