Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    bsoto            10-09-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
I thought everyone at wakeworld would appreciate these.

glass1
glass2
glass3
glass5
glass6

glass4
glass7

I hope it worked.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-09-2003, 10:12 AM Reply   
what are you taking pictures for. go tear that stuff up
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-09-2003, 10:13 AM Reply   
GASP!!! beautiful.
Old    bsoto            10-09-2003, 10:14 AM Reply   
Oh believe me we got our share of riding in. It was just that I had never seen water that was so awesome I had to take some pictures to take it all in.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-09-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
thats some nice water!... Here is a pic from discovery bay on a nice day. I need to find where you go!
Old    bsoto            10-09-2003, 10:16 AM Reply   
The pictures don't do the area justice. They were taken at Lake Roosevelt where the temp for that weekend didn't go below 100 degrees F.
Old    bsoto            10-09-2003, 10:17 AM Reply   
In the fifth picture down it's hard to see but there is actually a bald eagle flying right below the bottom of the trees.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-09-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
Where is lake Roosevelt?
Old    leggester            10-09-2003, 11:07 AM Reply   
The heck with the Glass! Are there any Elk back in those hills?

( can you tell it's getting close to the season? )

Looks terrific!
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       10-09-2003, 11:11 AM Reply   
Ben,
Lake Roosevlt is great... Where on the Columbia do you ride? The Centurian in the picture looks like someone from the Tri-cities?
Old    bsoto            10-09-2003, 11:27 AM Reply   
Chris: Lake Roosevelt is actually the Col. River But it's made by Grand Coulee Dam.

Matt: In that weekend alone we saw several deer so I'm sure there is elk up there.

Kirk: That is Justin Tschauners Boat. This is the houseboat trip that we were talking to you and your wife about. We do it as a group every year.
Old    bsoto            10-09-2003, 11:30 AM Reply   
Chris I guess I wasn't very specific, sorry. Lake Roosevelt is in north east washington. I can't possibly tell you how big the lake is you'd have to see if for your self. The pictures are not actually on the lake but are of an area that branches off the main lake. There are so many spots to ride in that when the surrounding parking lots a filled you can always and I mean alway find water in the pics.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-09-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
Ben,
Sweet pic's. Is it still warm in Eastern, WA?
Old    bsoto            10-09-2003, 11:45 AM Reply   
Steven Hahn (solo):Actually it's been great over here except the last few days have been in the 70's before that we were in the Hight 80's, a few weekends ago we were in the 90's which is odd for October. But it's nice not getting the rain like over in your area but I have to admit about 3 weeks ago I stayed on at a friends house on Whidbey and I was blown away at how beautiful the weather was.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       10-09-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
Ben,
I thought that looked like Justins boat... the tinted windows give it away. Wow.. wish we could have made the trip. Maybe next year.Did you guys get the hot tub model?
Are you guys still riding?
We were out last weekend without wet suits still. Looks like the cold finally hit us today. Going to have to dust off the dry suit.
We are headed to Crescent Bar to chase birds this weekend.
Old    bsoto            10-09-2003, 12:00 PM Reply   
Kirk,
Of couse we got the one with the hot tub, it's the only way to fly. No unfortunatley we haven't been out since the first part of September. I wish I was able to get out last weekend It was awesome, I don't think justin is wanting to take his boat out I don't know why, I just need to buy my own boat. Were you heading back from crescent bar about three weeks ago? I was coming back from Whidbey I sland and I saw you drive by with your boat in tow. I've never been to crescent bar, is there good water this time of year? Who are you going with and are you going for all weekend or just the day?
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-09-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
Thats just not fair. I'll take some pics of San V. on a Saturday.
Old    bsoto            10-09-2003, 12:12 PM Reply   
Jim,
Nice profile pic, I have some military buddies that will really get a kick out of it. And this is in now way a dig into where other people ride I just wanted to share what the northwest has to offer.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       10-09-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
I am going on our annual guys weekend... opening bird hunting/riding/maybe golf & party. Leaving today... We have been doing this for the last 12 years...
Yes that was probably us you saw. What were you doing on Whidbey?
This time of year there are almost no boats out and we have the water almost to ourselves. Hope the water is as nice as what you were riding on.
Keep us in mind for next years trip!

Shoot me an email with your phone #... I'll call you when we get out.
Old    tpalmeri            10-09-2003, 12:43 PM Reply   
That is so glassy that if you flip the some of the pictures upside down, you might not know the difference. Sweet pics. I am jealous
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-09-2003, 12:54 PM Reply   
ugghhhh...man i am jealous too!

Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       10-09-2003, 1:05 PM Reply   
Crap... I tried to do what you said and flip the picture upside down, but darn my computor is heavy...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-09-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
Almost looks too pleasant to distrurb. Almost!
Old    bsoto            10-09-2003, 1:29 PM Reply   
Kirk,
I'll send an e-mail. and that would be great if I could get out with you sometime. I'm always Impressed with your air chair ability.

Tony,
I can't tell you how cool it was to ride on water like that, the best part was that area was so secluded that I think we saw one maybe two other boats where we were. And they were small fighing boats just going through where we were to get to their fishing spot.

J-Rod
It was almost too pleasant to disturb that's why we took pictures because you have to see it to believe.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-10-2003, 12:11 AM Reply   
Lake Roosevelt is such an awesome place to go. I am guessing that is up on the northern part of the lake correct?

Whoever it was that asked about elk, I think it primarily deer over there. I have gone there since I was born (literally) and have only seen mule deer and black bear. There sure are some big deer though.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       10-10-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
I hate you.
Old    leggester            10-10-2003, 9:00 AM Reply   
Arghh!! What a concept! Deer season and a houseboat!

A bit of boarding/skiing, a bit of hunting, a bit of fishing - could it get any better?

I have to look up the seasons now.
Old    bambamski            10-10-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
Ben!!!! where were you two weeks ago when I posted to see if I could hook up a ride in central Washinton Moses Lake area? I was down there October 2nd to the 5th and was trying to find someone to ride with. Temps were in the high 80's and every lake I passed looked just like your pictures and I couldn't find anyone to ride with. It was killing me because I just winterized my boat a couple of days ago and that was my last chance to ride this year.

What is wrong with the people of Washington?? 88 degrees in October and not a single boat on the water. It was tragic.
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-10-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
Holy Crap, that's some sweet water! What an incredibly beautiful area too! I can't believe you're still riding up in WA. I'm doing everything I can to get in one more pull before I winterize.

Matt, help me with this dilemma: deer hunting (camping with rifles) next weekend or wakeboarding?
Old    bsoto            10-10-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
Nick
Lake Roosevelt is the bomb. I have never found so many awesome places to ride. Renting a houseboat there has become an annual event now.

Pat,
I haven't been able to get a hook up myself. Those pics are from July. Pat as soon as I finish up with college my first purchase is going to be a boat. Then next time you come down I will definately hook you up.

Brad
It's been really weird for us in the northwest weatherwize anyway. It's been really warm when it should be cold, and believe me I'm not complaining at all.
Old    bambamski            10-10-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
My mistake, I thought they were from the weekend. I couldn't believe how warm it was last week down there. NOBODY was out on the water either. Here in Calgary we don't see temperatures that warm during our summer months half the time. I'm for sure going to make a trip down there next summer and bring my boat.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-12-2003, 2:01 AM Reply   
Here a couple I took in Pateros...

Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       10-13-2003, 9:29 AM Reply   
Just got back last night from a 3 day weekend. Opening weekend here in Washington for deer and birds. Deer, Elk, Chukar, quail, ducks and geese all in abundance here. We were camped on the Columbia River a few miles south of where the above pictures were taken. The weather could have been a little nicer, but we had a fanatastic weekend anyway. We got within 50 yards of a herd of bighorn sheep with the boat. Got some great video footage.
Still holding off on winterizing the ski boat...too nice.
Until then, the hunting boat stays outside.
Old    bsoto            10-13-2003, 9:50 AM Reply   
Hahn,
I was telling some of my friends about Pateros just yesterday and how we should take a trip but I wasn't actually sure where it was. I'm sure I could use the power of the internet to locate it I just haven't gotten around to it. It looks like some sweet water though. It almost looks like a spot we ride up on the snake river. Awesome pics.
Old    bsoto            10-13-2003, 9:52 AM Reply   
Kirk,
Were you able to get your kill on. And most importantly where you able to get out on the water.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       10-13-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
Ben,
We were out on the water all weekend. Lots of birds and with a little riding thrown in.
Not calm like the above posted pictures, but close enough...
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       10-13-2003, 12:47 PM Reply   
Did someone say glass...
Old    bsoto            10-13-2003, 1:39 PM Reply   
Kirk,
That's an awesome pic was that taken from this weekend. Have you addedn more weight to the rear of your boat it looks like it sits deeper than it use to.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       10-13-2003, 2:21 PM Reply   
Ben,
I cheated... It wasn't from last weekend. It was taken from the same location though.
October is a great month over here... everyone has already started winterizing and the weather is incredible.
Very few boats out except fishermen and the occasional hunters. If it wasnt getting dark so early we would be out tonight after work...
Old    leggester            10-13-2003, 3:03 PM Reply   
Brad! Go hunting - if there's a reasonable chance. You can wakeboard most of the summer - hunting is one week a year though. At least in CO.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who want to set up a houseboat week in WA next year during deer season? I know it's illegal to hunt from a truck - but what about a boat :-)