Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-01-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
Anyone know if this is available? My local dealer owes me a favor and he is a Straight Line dealer. I currently use the Proline LG and love it, but it needs replacing. The Lyman Hydra-tak looks to be made of a similar material, but I can't find it anywhere for sale. Did Straight Line pull the plug? Do they offer something similar to the LG?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-01-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
I got one directly from them, I haven't seen one since. And it was back ordered for like 2 months. Here it is, but, it is not the one I have.

http://www.boardstop.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1262

Here is the one I have

http://www.slsports.com/wake-lyman-pro-setup.htm
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-01-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
Found the one on slsports.com, but the link to buy it is dead. The link for the mainline works, but the one for the handle is dead. Is this the only handle Straight Line has with the Hydra-tak? I like the taky feel of the LG.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-01-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
The Hydra-Tak didnt make full production. They had some issues with durability in the grip. I saw that handle at Expo two years ago and really wanted one also.

SL switched from the Hydra to a more chamois style handle. Biggest difference in this versus a regular LG style is that this has a slight hexagon to the grip, not just a tru circular feel. You can check out what the 2010 looks like here - http://www.waterskis.com/Straight-Li...man_handle.htm
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-01-2010, 8:01 PM Reply   
well if you really liked the LG handle go with the newer LGS handle from Proline. I got it for my bday last year and it holds up very well!! I have been thru some handles and the LGS has held up to everything I have thrown at it so far
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-02-2010, 5:41 AM Reply   
I like the new LGS and would like to have one, but the dealer that owes me a favor is a Straight Line dealer. I like my LG but free is, how do I put it, free.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-02-2010, 7:05 AM Reply   
i saw a handle yesterday at wakesports that looked great, may have to try it

proline synthesis

and the house may have the most handles ever

http://www.the-house.com/wakeboard-handles.html

pistol grip, it was similar to the accurate premier but felt better in your hand
Attached Images

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-02-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
The previous three fellas are on to something. The new Proline's are incredible and Slipknot nailed it with the Synthesis, it has a triangle shaped grip that fits very well in the hand. To combine the best of all worlds they created the LGT, which is an LG version of the Synthesis, quite possibly the greatest combination ever.

Free is nice, but if they sell Straight Line, you can always get more fat sacs, everyone needs more weight in their boat!
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-02-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Don't need anymore fat sacs. My LG has been warrantied twice because of the rubber end caps spiting and then not floating. I know the problem has been solved in the new LGS, but I can't turn in my LG for an LGS or Synthesis. I am stuck with the LG. I asked last year when the LGS handles came out if I could get a credit for my busted LG and upgrade to the LGS, but that is not an option. The Lyman looks to be similar with the grip and it has the plastic ends that will not rip. My two complaints about my LG are end caps ripping and not floating. The lyman seems to solve both of these problems. Just was wondering if it was in production or if it was pulled. That question was answered, so I am contacting my dealer. Thanks for all your responses.

Last edited by cocheese; 03-02-2010 at 10:58 AM.