Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (turkish)      Join Date: May 2008       11-28-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
I need a bit of advice on what I'm doing wrong. I just can't seem to drop the rope for any longer than about 5 seconds. I'm 6'3 and about 240lbs riding an 5'4 IS blue lake. The board feels fast but just slowly drifts backwards off the wave. I've posted on the malibucrew about the boat ballast for my 03 wakesetter lxi (direct drive) and have the best wave i can get with the wedge /sacs (200lt centre mls & 3 x 540lb bags) that i have. Since the board and boat are fine i think the problem lies with me. I had a look at the video i've linked (sorry for the crap quality) and I think i'm too far back on the board as i tend to keep my rear foot on the kick pad (don't really think i need to!). I had a look at the board yesterday and marked a point where i think my front foot should go which is just where the nose starts to curve up, just near the front of the grip pad. this seems to have brought my rear foot in a bit and put my weight more centrally on the board. So, am I on the right track with what i've done so far or is there anything else i should be doing? Before it's suggested losing 40lbs is too much hard work! We're out on the water again on Monday so any help before then would be great.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=A_BcGD_-sJs