Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JakeTheFlake)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-26-2012, 11:34 PM Reply   
Hey all. Been lurking on here for quite a while and finally think it's time to contribute
I jut bought my very first boat!! It's a 1998 Ski Supreme V210 Medalist like the one on another thread on here. For my budget, I'm very happy with it! Got it for about 11K and its in pretty good condition. Im going to probably add the dual 400lb automatic v drive sacks maybe more this winter in the cold season and maybe perfect pass if i can get a deal on it.
Here's a question for Supreme owners that know about the older boats. Are the 210 Medalist and the V210 Medalist the same hull? And did the hull of the medalist ever change in the 90s? I ask because the cover it came with is trashed and I need a new one but all I can find are the perfect fit covers for up to a 1995 Medalist.
ALSO: The owner had lost the owners manual. Is there a way to get a replacement? I've searched the internet for hours looking for one with no luck.
Any help would be awesome

Jake
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-27-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
Can't help, but congrats on the new boat.... Show it off with some pics.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-27-2012, 9:50 AM Reply   
All i can say is don't worry about the owners manual, likely it has nothing of value in it. My 07 supreme's manual was just a bunch of generic warnings about CO and prop hazard, etc. Stuff like that. I only looked at it once. Try to get a merc manual for the engine, that might be worth something.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-27-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
X2. Most of the time there's not much in there. The manuals for the individual parts are of way more use. Pick up the mercruiser manual for your year range for sure. Welcome to the world of boat ownership...you wallet is going to hate you for it!!
Old     (JakeTheFlake)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-27-2012, 8:47 PM Reply   
Thanks guy's. I'll get pics up soon. I wanted the manual just for basic maintenance stuff like how to get the floor boards up and replace the steering cable among other stuff if it were in there. Haven't really done much of my own maintenance like on my car and stuff before but i like to learn by hands on learning. I know that Im going to probably be throwing a bunch of money into a hole in the lake, but I have been wanting an inboard for a long time! Guess i'll order the engine manual and some other things. Any other advice for a newbie inboard driver/owner would be nice too
Old     (JakeTheFlake)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-27-2012, 9:00 PM Reply   
Oh one more question. My first project is going to be moving the 2 batteries from the rear left locker to maybe up under the observer seat where I plan on mounting my amps. Anyone done this? How much you think this would cost? Sorry, just excited to be doing projects on MY OWN BOAT!!