Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (dmonte3283)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-30-2006, 6:05 AM Reply   
Has anyone caught the vinyl in their boat with the fannings?
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-30-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
No one gets on board with sandals or shoes on my boat. Simple rule and then you have no problems.
If you were to wear them onboard, you would catch them for sure!
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-30-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
I'd say most people don't allow shoes/sandals in the boat. Bare feet are the only way not to damage the interior of the boat.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-30-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Tom,
Looks like you beat me to the punch.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-30-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
no one should wear shoes in the boat!
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-30-2006, 11:53 PM Reply   
I wear my pros in and around the boat. Never caught them on any of the seats.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-30-2006, 11:55 PM Reply   
Like they said, no shoes or sandals worn in the boat
Old    robertt            07-31-2006, 5:21 AM Reply   
Everyone wears Crocs now around water, as do I. They are soft as a babies butt.

At the same time, those nice soft shoes are the worst thing ever for your vinyl and gelcoat.

Any shoe, exspecially the soft soled ones, pick up abrasive materials from the ground. Broken glass, bits of rock and asphalt, etc inbed themselves in the shoe and pretty much make the perfect scratching material.

No shoes. My grandfather is the only exception on my boat.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-31-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
I've heard a couple stories of those Fannings tearing up boat interiors. For that reason i took a pair of pliers and ripped out the bottle opener.
At first i tried to grind it off. then i realized that you can just pull the metal part out.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-31-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
I wear mine in MY boat, and have not had a problem in the two years I have had them. I dont know what would happen in another persons boat, since I dont wear them then.
Old     (nuts4water)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-31-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
I scratched up my trailer fenders pretty good reaching inside my boat.
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-31-2006, 1:22 PM Reply   
I have a pair, and was stoked about the opener, but I never take glass on my boat. They are comfy, but same deal here......they're off before I hit the interior.

DC
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-31-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
That is about the most idiotic place for a bottle opener I can imagine. I'm FAR from a germophobe, but I can't believe anyone actually uses it to open something they're going to drink. Ever stepped in dog crap in the yard, and were glad you had shoes on?
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-31-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
Trace, just wipe the bottle rim off after you open it, viola, it's "clean" or as clean as it'd normally be...

Do you wipe off the rim of your soda can before you drink from it???
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-31-2006, 4:25 PM Reply   
I know they're not clean to begin with, but you have to admit the bottom of a shoe is one of the worst possible places to be packing one.

I only wipe if I know of some pretty nasty history (dog crap, for example), or they look particularly funky. :-)
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-31-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
i was thinking that same thing at the longhorn rail jam in austin everyone was using the portapotties and we were drinking from bottles and some one said i will open it i was like no thanks..... thats just gross
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-31-2006, 10:47 PM Reply   
I didn't even read the title all the way, I just clicked expecting to see some hot pics!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-01-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
i've used mine a few times in a pinch. never ceases to amaze. open er up and wipe er off. (that was my redneck voice)
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-01-2006, 12:34 PM Reply   
a friend of mine spent a half an hour trying to find an opener for his Heinekin before he remembered to use his Reefs. I personally think it's a great place for an opener as long as your on the beach. The white sands of Orient Beach in St. Marteen can be wiped off pretty easy!
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-03-2006, 4:50 AM Reply   
Orient Beach, St Marteen....aaahhh! What a great place. Nothing like a cold Heinekin and cuban cigar from one of those beach huts/bars. Not a bad way to go through life...