Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    texas_wake            10-09-2004, 6:26 PM Reply   
ok ive been wake boarding about the whole summer behind my families galxie deck boat. never have wakeboarded behind a real wakeboard boat. will being pulled behind a wake board boat encrease my skill att all or no.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-09-2004, 7:23 PM Reply   
no
Old    texas_wake            10-09-2004, 7:34 PM Reply   
will it increase my liklynees to encrease my skill
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       10-09-2004, 7:34 PM Reply   
basically no... if you can't jump the wake of the family boat, you wont be able to jump the one of a wakeboard boat either... it wont be easier... unless you already have the good technique down when it comes to edging and pop, then it might be easier to get more air as the wake gets bigger and firmer and has a better shape behind a wakeboard boat... so I'd say, it depends on your level of riding... it can be scary at first but you'll get used to it fast... the tower or extended pylon should help on deep water starts and gives more of a floaty feel in the air...
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-09-2004, 7:45 PM Reply   
if you can clear the wake on the deck boat then you will fly on a wakeboat wake. i remember the first wakeboat i rode behind. i thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Old    wakejump            10-10-2004, 1:55 AM Reply   
yeah
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-10-2004, 9:40 AM Reply   
paying attention in class will help you spell better.
Old    shopguy            10-10-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
Thats not true...I own a mastercraft pro-star 190 (skiboat) I can clear the wake and do some spins..Then i went behind an x-2..I got about 6 feet into the air and landed in the flats...It was the tower!So in my eyes wakeboard boats make a big difference...
Old    wakeboardn4life            10-10-2004, 5:14 PM Reply   
i agree totaly with you john towers make a huge diff
Old     (brian0384)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-11-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
they only make a difference if your skill level is at the level where you are going big enough for the tower. In the beginning it's not as much as a necesity.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-11-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
If you want to compete in a tounament then riding behind a *real* walkboard boat is very important. Also having a large wake is essential for learning tricks that require air, like inverts and spins. Overall, I'd have to say yes to your question, especially if you slightly modified it to read.... Will being pulled behind a wakeboard boat enhance my ability to increase my skill.
Old    edward            10-11-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
a wakeboard boat will help if you can already do airs and such but if your just starting out then learn w2w ts and hs and some 180s and 3s and possible an invert or two then go check out a wakeboard boat and it will help you progress from there. you don't need it at first until you at least learn w2w i'd say because it might actually hurt your progression because the wake might scare you and steer you away from trying new things. just my two cents
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-11-2004, 11:55 AM Reply   
If you’re learning to drive, a Ferrari won’t help much. Once you can drive proficiently that same Ferrari might be like a better prospect.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-11-2004, 2:20 PM Reply   
HEY 'JUST BOARD'i REALLY I THINK WAKEBOARDING BEHIND A WB BOAT CAN HELP IN SOME WAYS. THE FIRST 2 YEARS I WAKEBOARDED IT WAS BEHIND LITTLE POS BASS BOATS ETC.. BUT NOW THAT I HAVE A TIGE IT MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. THE BOAT IS NOT WHAT MAKES YOU BETTER ITS HOW MUCH U CAN GET OUT AND RIDE. BUT DANGIT IT MAKES U WANT TO GET BETTER BEHING BEHIND A WB BOAT.
Old    edward            10-11-2004, 2:41 PM Reply   
yes but you got 2 yrs of experience behind a bass boat so you already had some skill
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-13-2004, 7:20 AM Reply   
i own a jet boat and when i make ride behind a wakeboat i feel that the boat is pulling me not with my jet boat it feel like i pulled him
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-13-2004, 1:59 PM Reply   
Of course!! It will make you a lot better!!! When I first started wakeboarding (one word) I was using a 13 foot boston whaler with little to no wake at all. Then a guy in my neighborhood bought a mastercraft x-10 and invited me out on it. Now behind my whaler I was barely clearing the wake and on his boat I cleared it my first time andby a few more jumps I was doing wake2wake grabs and all kinds of stuff that I didnt think was possible for me. It deffinetely will help you.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-13-2004, 2:17 PM Reply   
I say it will definately help. given that your form remains the same, a bigger wake WILL give you more air. The more air time you have the more time you have to pull the tricks and therefore the easier they are.