Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-30-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
Hey just need this answered kinda quick. Is there a significant difference between the gopro hero HD and the standard definition one?
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-30-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrider92 View Post
Hey just need this answered kinda quick. Is there a significant difference between the gopro hero HD and the standard definition one?
the hd is about 94 times better
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-30-2012, 2:05 PM Reply   
I don't think you can even buy the non hd anymore.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-30-2012, 3:08 PM Reply   
UPDATE: Its actually between the HD Hero 2 and the HD Hero. Thoughts?
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       05-30-2012, 8:21 PM Reply   
Hero 2 has a more detailed and clearer picture that is much brighter. I have the hero and want to upgrade to the 2. Spend the extra 100. And buy the 2.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       05-30-2012, 8:23 PM Reply   
Hero 2 has a better battery too. I think it last longer and charges faster. Look them up on go pro.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-31-2012, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrider92 View Post
UPDATE: Its actually between the HD Hero 2 and the HD Hero. Thoughts?
i feel that they are almost identical except for at night and in shaded areas
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-31-2012, 1:22 PM Reply   
I have both of them. The main thing you will notice is that the Hero2 is a little easier to use. The function display is has larger graphics, there is a blinking record light on the front, back, bottom and top (only on the front for the older version). There is also a way to make the field of view tighter on the Hero2. I have had them recording the same thing from different angles, I can't tell the difference in the final video.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-31-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
I also noticed that my battery lasts longer on the old camera.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-01-2012, 3:25 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. We went with the Hero2 in the end.
-Brian