Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-05-2015, 6:45 PM Reply   
Project Boat: 2001 Correct Craft Super Air Nautique and Tandem Trailer $10000
http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/4877694906.html

Wonder what the story is here? At 10k there's no room for profit. And that color is awful.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       02-06-2015, 4:33 AM Reply   
Wouldn't it make more sense to just find a super clean one and pay the 2k difference?
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-06-2015, 5:06 AM Reply   
*Pictures do not accurately depict current condition of the interior of the boat. Pictures are available for serious inquiries. For sale as is. Title for trailer and boat are free and clear. Owner will not separate. *

Someone needs to post these bad boys up
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-06-2015, 5:26 AM Reply   
That is my favorite paint scheme of all time for Nautique. There is just something about those boats I love. I'm kind of digging the Yellow and Blue......
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-06-2015, 5:31 AM Reply   
So pay me $10K for it. Add another $10K(which you know is conservative as the guy selling it came up with that) and a ton of your time. In the end you might break even or even profit $1000. Wow another great boat flip idea!!!

I know where there is a nice Moomba this seller might be interested in!!!!
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-06-2015, 5:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
I know where there is a nice Moomba this seller might be interested in!!!!
I would take this boat over the Moomba any day of the week. This boat will have a way better following and higher resale.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-06-2015, 6:18 AM Reply   
As would I, just stating its another similar money losing proposition. Atleast the Moomba guy fairly represented the boat with actual pictures. This guy is posting shining mint condition pictures and then saying the boat needs $10K in work. Who knows whats wrong with it. If a seller says it needs 10K in work it probably needs $15K.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-06-2015, 7:25 AM Reply   
I would agree that 10k SWAG (scientific wild @$$ guess) doesn't not account for the notorious gremlins that hide in EVERY boat project. I wonder if those photos are from 2001
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-06-2015, 9:33 AM Reply   
Thank you for your interest. I will have current pictures to send by
Sunday evening.

This boat is equipped with the GT-40 engine. The engine has
approximately 300+ hours on it.
The boat was run in brackish water with a fresh water flush conducted
after each run. I am not a mechanic so it's hard to provide exact
ailments but our mechanic stated that the engine fails to turn over
and the spark plug condition indicated rust was primarily the problem.
He stated that the engine likely had water contamination stemming from
a failed gasket. Happy to connect you with Chris Nikolosi
(7135691513). Chris was my family's mechanic from day one. I should
have his number to you before COB tomorrow. As far as the motor goes
I'm not sure it even turns over. The Vinyl will likely need a good
scrubbing. The exterior is in above average condition (7/10) with no
particular damage. The Gel coat is 7/10 with no noticeable scratches.
Best Regards,
Old     (AlbertaSurfer)      Join Date: May 2014       02-06-2015, 9:44 AM Reply   
If the gel has no damage or noticeable scratches, why the 7/10?
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-06-2015, 10:17 AM Reply   
Ask him for better pics of current condition and current pics of the motor.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-06-2015, 10:21 AM Reply   
If the vinyl only needs a good scrubbing, then do the scrubbing. Anyone who wasn't taking a piss would scrub the vinyl themselves before trying to get top dollar for a boat. If it isn't worth your time, then reduce the price of the boat to accommodate the time that the next owner will have to put in to clean it themselves. It's like when someone has a classic gen 1 Camaro (standard options) in junkyard condition. They know you can get 30-35 for it in car show condition and they know it needs 20K in parts and paint (no labor) to get it there so they try to sell it for 10K. The seller wants to get paid for the new owner's labor.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-06-2015, 10:39 AM Reply   
I think his mechanic is making it sound worse than it is... Would need a close inspection though and my guess is that if you showed up with $8k cash you'd be leaving with a boat.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2015, 10:49 AM Reply   
Here fishy fishy fishy. If it looks to good to be true....