Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-21-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
I have a 2007 Nautique 236 and have run into a road block for rewireing the tower. The tower speaker wires go through front port leg of the tower. The enter from below the deck, through a pass through bolt. The two stock wires appear to be 16 gauge, and are just big enough to not allow the passage of a third twisted pair.

On the starboard side, the anchor light wires pass through the same type of bolt and present the same challenge.

My intention was to run 3 x twisted pairs of 12 gauge variety to the tower. Now it appears the only way to do that will be running a deck type plug unless somebody else a viable solution....thoughts?
Old    SamIngram            06-21-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
I just did this on my '06 210 and the only way I could it was by using a wire package all in one sheild, like the skylon harness.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-21-2010, 7:49 PM Reply   
the issue is not that they wires arent sheathed....its that to add a 3rd twisted pair, I will have to compromise gauge...
Old    SamIngram            06-22-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
No, no, no... with three twisted pairs or three sets of regular speaker wire it just won't fit... I tried and tried. When I switched to a "single wire" with four twisted pairs in the same sheild it fit no problem. The wire with several pairs in one sheild has the same guage wire, but the sheilding is more compact...

Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-23-2010, 7:14 AM Reply   
sorry, bad terminology. said twisted pairs, meant standard speaker wire. after much cursing and and pulling and tugging, got 3 x 14 gauge wires to pass...