Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    bross            02-03-2004, 12:45 PM Reply   
I thought the Gonzales board was a 138 but I have also seen it listed as a 140 length. I have also seen its rocker listed as continuous, progressive, and 3-Stage? Anyone know what's actually correct? What is a progressive rocker? Peace.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-03-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
The Gonzalez is actually a 136 even though it says 138 on the board. I've got one and I've measured it. The rocker is continuous.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-03-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
Brian I rep fpr Gb and yeah david is right the board is a 136 same as last years pickett, the top sheet art was not double checked before they went into pressing but ohhh well. And as far as a ricky 140 he is finalizing his newest shape now as well as randell and leslie all three new boards will be a late arrival. I will post more like graphics when they are finalized.
ITCH
GB
Old    bross            02-03-2004, 3:23 PM Reply   
How late is late? Should I buy a board now or will there be one available by June?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2004, 3:38 PM Reply   
the last i saw the rocker was a progressive type 3 stage,it has the same bottom as the old 2003 135 premier/era ..
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
this is from their 2004 link on their site as well as i remember when they were here last year for the demos on the pro tour Brian A.. and the other crew said it was a subtle 3 stage..anyway i could be wrong....

Rocker: 2.8"

Gator Model: Four Built in fins and two removable fins. Four channels, deep cupped rails, and a three stage rocker that is flat in the middle to allow you to edge faster and harder through the wake. It also helps for more hang time to complete tricks.
Old    maverick_gear            02-03-2004, 11:35 PM Reply   
the Ricky measures 136 the artist accidentally brushed 138 it is a "HYBRID" premier style rocker at 2.8 it has a smoooth bottom not like that of a shotpeened premier. Noone really knows when Rickys new boards will be done, they are a similar shape and design there will be a 133 and 140-142 depending on how it gets measured, the ricky 138 is a killer board you can't go wrong. i wouldn't hesitate to pick one up now and then sell it or just keep it when the new boards come out i always keep one around. as far as randall and leslie goes those are even farther out and there will probably be a 137ish Randy and new graphics for the 143, as far as leslie goes its barely been talked about but im sure it will happen mid to end summer.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-04-2004, 4:04 AM Reply   
Ditto what mav said !
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2004, 7:03 AM Reply   
I can definetly attest to how sweet the Ricky G is. It's probably my favorite board in my stable.
Old    bross            02-04-2004, 7:56 AM Reply   
Help. I ride a 140 premier now and I am afraid to switch to a 136 length board. I weigh 180 lbs and am 6'1". I want a faster board with more pop! Thanks for your help Maverick...I have talked to you before.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2004, 8:46 AM Reply   
I was in the exact same situation Brian, near the end of last season. My 140 Premier DNA broke, so I went with the Gonzo. Being 6'2" and 185 lbs, I was definetly skeptical. Depending on your riding level, it's hard to say how the board will perform for you. I rode the premier finless as with the Gonzales. I thought it was a bit faster than the premier, pop about the same. I'd say go for it!
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-04-2004, 12:42 PM Reply   
I also ride the 138 RG. I am 5'10" 170. The board is simply bada$$. I say go for it.
However, if you're wanting a longer board, don't hesitate going for the Harris 143.
Never personally rode it, but I ride with a guy who has one and absolutely loves it.
You can't go wrong with either.
Old    maverick_gear            02-05-2004, 1:15 PM Reply   
dood you are rickys same size about you'll be fine on the 136. i think board size has alot to do with your mindset all around you would get something midsize. im 5'9 173 and i ride a gonz most days harris 43 somedays faster with longer line . either way harris, gonzalez you just have to stoke yourself out and ride the board the way its supposed to be ridden, im kind of a moody rider so i keep around all different stuff for whatev.
Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-11-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   

hey guys!

how would you know if you got the 2004 ricky g 138? it has the same print with 2003! thanx!!!
Old    maverick_gear            02-11-2004, 7:15 PM Reply   
there isn't any difference, tha board is so sick it stayed the same plus majority of people never saw the 03' cause gb never got it goin till late in 03' so gb left it alone.